• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Endora

Started by antimonycat, February 09, 2009, 01:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antimonycat

Danielcote: The pictures of people? I made them by digital collage, using photos from different sources and my own drawings then using various effects to make everything blend together. I didn't use any specific methods so can't provide any tutorials or anything.

Neofita: Thanks for visiting!

Glowbal

Well well.. Amazing update there!

Now awaiting the new one.  ;D

antimonycat

Ambrell
Ambrell is an industrial area in Southern Endora, lying in the peninsula between the river Tansy to the North and the larger river Foxglove to the south.

Ambrell High Street
Ambrell High Street runs along a small channelized river and has a variety of shops and cafes. Frequent bus services run between Ambrell and Endora's city centre. The local daily market specializes in fine blue glassware and preserved meats.

Ambrell (East)
The prestigious South Endora College of Art is based in the Eastern part of Ambrell, the grassy area outside is popular with the students in the summer months. Local landmarks include The mysterious 'cat building' and the many murals painted on walls. Many small galleries and arts and crafts shops can be found if one takes the time to explore Ambrell's back streets.

Ambrell Station
Due to the awkward geography of South Endora, the rail links from Ambrell to the rest of the city are somewhat convuluted. Ambrell station has direct links to Endora's main railway station, Well Street but Ambrell residents will often advise it is often quicker and cheaper to catch a bus.

The Transmitter
The Ambrell transmitter is one of seven built on hills around Endora. This one is mainly used for civilian radio and maritime broadcasts. Locals often remark at the high frequency of lightning striking the mast during storms.

Newspaper Office
The office of the 'Endora Merchant Bulletin' can be found on Ambrell High street. The newspaper is known more by merchants for its useful advertisments than news.

Endora Naval Base
The Imperial Navy has a base in Endora, large enough for heavier ships to dock, however, Endora as a whole can be considered a naval base in itself as navy vessels occasionally dock at civilian berths.

Naval Base HQ
The administrative building for Endora's naval port sits on a hill overlooking the docks. A Naval academy was originally planned for Endora but was eventually built in the city of Lynsea instead.

Repair Dock
Welders and riveters work through the night as Serendipity undergoes repairs in dry dock. It is intended that she is sufficiently seaworthy so that she can take part in the upcoming New Year celebrations. It was feared that the Serendipity was too badly damaged to be salvaged but a closer inspection proved otherwise.

Flagship
The last 15 years has seen rival nations building larger warships, challenging the Empire's naval superiority. The Empress proposed a new class of ship to outclass any other and serve as a warning to rival nations. Built with no regard for cost, only 3 Horizon class ships were able to be built. Heavily armoured with a massive gun battery and the new invention RADAR, they were designed to engage multiple capital ships with ease.

Endora Airstation
Endora's Airstation was finally completed 5 years ago in 1784 and replaced the grassy field used previously as a flat landing area for airships and biplanes. Smaller airships can dock directly with the 8 central landing platforms near the main terminal while larger vessels use the wide concrete areas further away.Airship travel is popular with the wealthier members of society for its speed advantage over seafaring vessels, though it is still far too expensive for the lower classes. A railway station links the terminal building to the centre of Endora, with a fast journey time of 15 minutes.

Cargo Ship docked
There are two types of airship currently in service.  'Light airships' use helium or (riskier) hydrogen to provide lift, whilst 'heavy airships' use efferogene gas, which provides astonishing lifting properties when exposed to a high enough voltage. Heavy airships, like this one pictured, are expensive to manufacture but are more practical and safer in bad weather.

Sorry about the delayed update, was a little ill.

jmdude1

thanks for another amazing update.  once again, you did an excellent job!  there are so many details to look at.

vershner

Is that a steam train with engines at both ends I see behind the I.A.V. Horizon?

meinhosen

Thanks for the update!  Your presentation and style remind me of a combination of graphic novels, inasmuch that a lot of your background photoshopping can sometimes be more fascinating than the actual subject of the screenshot(s) (the wires running across streets between buildings on the third pic and the welders on the drydock pic are a pretty good example of what I mean).

Great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

calibanX

Cheers to the survivors of the Serendipity. Glad to hear they were triumphant over the sea monst.....enemy. The port and the airstation are particularly fantastic. Great update! I love it.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

danielcote

I love the custom adds and the airport is nicely done but don't you think 1784 is alittle in acurate I mean they had baloons but past that no other lighter than aircraft or aircraft for that matter ever existed and if they did they wouldn't be advanced like those+ They wouldn't have advanced factories ports or office buildings. They didn't come close to buses and the best trains were pulled by horses or heavy steal and iron tangles of pipe and machinery with no cover for the driver. So unless this is a super advanced nation with no cantact from the outside world that can't be possible.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: danielcote on July 09, 2009, 08:01:01 PM
I love the custom adds and the airport is nicely done but don't you think 1784 is alittle in acurate I mean they had baloons but past that no other lighter than aircraft or aircraft for that matter ever existed and if they did they wouldn't be advanced like those+ They wouldn't have advanced factories ports or office buildings. They didn't come close to buses and the best trains were pulled by horses or heavy steal and iron tangles of pipe and machinery with no cover for the driver. So unless this is a super advanced nation with no cantact from the outside world that can't be possible.
I don't think Endora is part of our timeline, Daniel. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not even on Earth. So it can pretty much be any year that antimonycat says it is and the technology will fit just fine.

More awesome work, antimonycat! You've done another great job. Looking forward to more!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

XoX

Gorgeously incredible!!!!!!!  &apls

BUT I'm waiting for a presentation of the super rich district!
No?
A ghetto where all the rich will be grouped! With fantastic manor and modern lofts!
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

peter007

good update  &apls
i hope that another update is coming soon  ;D

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

antimonycat

Replies

Glowbal: Thanks for the comment!

Jmdude1: Thank you for visting and replying. Hope to see you again.

Vershner: Indeed it is, I'm sure I've seen one somewhere before but can't think where. Thanks for the reply.

Meinhosen: Thanks for visiting! Glad it reminded you of graphic novels and such, I like to put in little details and hope people notice some of them, no one's mentioned the frequent references to cats yet though :) Hope you stop by again.

CalibanX: Yep, sea monsters are no match for steel-hulled ships (are they?), thanks for the nice comments! and hope you stop by at the next update.

Danielcote: Well, I never intended Endora to be a real city on Earth or part of our history so I feel I can be a bit flexible with levels of technology etc. However, I think if this MD was part of our world, the technology level and would be similar to that of the 1900's - 1930's. Thanks for the reply!

woodb3kmaster: Yep, that's right. I actually thought of basing this MD on a real city, with real life recreations but in the end I thought it'd be more fun to base it on my own 'universe'. Thanks for the reply and hope you visit again!

Xox: Thank you for the reply! I'm not sure about a 'super rich district' but I've shown a fairly wealthy area here.

Peter007: Thanks for visiting,  I hope to finish the next one in a week or 2.

JoeST: Thanks for replying!

Next update: Endora during the New Year celebrations...

Schulmanator

I don't know what you did your pix to make them pop out the way they did - but your photoshopping makes an awesome city look even awesomer. Is that a word? Anywho... where did you get that building with the black cat mural? I MUST HAVE IT!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

KoV Liberty

Yor MD is incredible! I've never seen such beatiful planning! Where did you get the ships and zeppelins though?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Splime

Wow, every update here is amazing, though I think that Airstation image is the best. It's obvious that you put so much effort into every detail. Great job!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Amazing!  I love the airships, they look great!

Nexis4Jersey

interesting update , i like the blimps :thumbsup:

just_a_guy

Wow! amazing attention to small details! Your city is truely wonderful and original! I'm really impressed.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

tr0ub1es0me

you have some absolutely stunning pics here. &apls i can only dream of my work looking half as good as yours.  :o
quick couple of questions if you don't mind...

these townhouses here (Portland Crescent):
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv117/antimonycat/portlandcrescent.jpg
are they available to download anywhere?

also the same question for Belmont Village Station?

thanks.  :)