• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

praiodan's workbench / general discussion

Started by praiodan, December 16, 2006, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Like your change of texture on the sills.  :thumbsup:

Sometimes you just have to overdo the details for them to show up in game.
I know it all the well.

praiodan

Quote from: vester on May 01, 2017, 01:35:55 PM
Like your change of texture on the sills.  :thumbsup:

Sometimes you just have to overdo the details for them to show up in game.
I know it all the well.

In fact I merely elongated the sills and didn't change the their texture. But nevertheless, I like the result a lot better now.  ;) As I said, the years got my eyes rusty to watch out for these kind of small, yet important details and I constantly have to remind myself that the ingame effect of the modelling is a little more important than just the perfect sense for the real construction. (Although, ideally these parameters should match at best, but that's a goal hardly ever to meet). So thank you very much for your precious input today again.  :thumbsup:

noahclem

The fine-tuning is paying off nicely! I just wouldn't have the eye or the idea to make these kind of suggestions or improvements  :D

Simmer2

I agree with vester when he says that sometimes you have to overdue details in order to see them in game.
If memory serves me right the smallest detail that can be shown in game is 0.1m but I usually make it 0.2m for a better visual impact.

The latest iteration looks far better &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

praiodan

Thank you very much Noah and Nick!

Just a short note to keep you up to date:
1. Work on the Staatsbibliothek is almost finished now, carlfatal helped me out with the Lot. I hope I'll be able to release this baby around the upcoming weekend!

2. I've created a little "end piece" for the Spandau Condos for left and right sites and compiled all the models so far. With four buildings (straight, corner, end left, end right) and five colourations there are all in all 20 models. I've created the single lots for each so far with building families but I still plan to build another couple of bigger (5x4 - 6x6) unicolored Lots with having the buildings arranged to complexes (as they would have been built in RL).

3. I've rendered Sophienholm and currently am busy creating a growable R$$$ Lot and as vinlabsc3k suggested, a police station lot. Lotting for the Geschossbau, too, still is in the works.

Tyberius06

These houses are so nice, and the different colour variations... amazing! :) I fall in love with them! :)  &apls &apls &apls

With the two other project of yours I have only one, but very significant question... Where is the download button!? :D  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

noahclem

Great that carlfatal is involved--his work is always exceptional! Still loving both projects and really like the modernist look to the condos which is rather uncommon in SC4 bats. Would not have guessed these guys were gmax. Hopefully I've not already asked but it would be super-cool to get an optional HD render on these ;)  Keep up the great work  :popcorn:

carlfatal

Thanks Noah! But in fact I did nothing special here. The model of the Bibilothek is such a beauty, that it doesn´t need any "exeptional" lotting, and so I didn´t. Ingame it looks simply amazing, it´s a real masterpiece!  &apls

mattb325

Great to see you back with all of these wonderful models  :thumbsup:

praiodan

Thank you very much, guys!
It's also nice to see you being around, Matt!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: noahclem on May 08, 2017, 04:50:11 PM
Still loving both projects and really like the modernist look to the condos which is rather uncommon in SC4 bats. Would not have guessed these guys were gmax. Hopefully I've not already asked but it would be super-cool to get an optional HD render on these ;)
Being neat for smaller models and props, I have to say, for buildings I think HD renders are unnecessary, since they compromise the Z5 view. Although, I might have missed new developement there and this issue has been solved?
And as the Spandau Condos are gmax models, they can't be rendered HD I think, since this has always been a 3dsMax-only option. But again, I might be wrong as I'm still not perfectly up to date on the more recent developements.

Quote from: Tyberius06 on May 08, 2017, 02:51:12 PM
With the two other project of yours I have only one, but very significant question... Where is the download button!? :D  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I have very good news for you, Tyberius (and of course everybody else):
The Staatsbibliothek is now available on the LEX! Have fun with it.  :thumbsup:

praiodan

Let's continue having fun with new (old  ::) ) models released: The Geschossbau is now available on the LEX!

praiodan

Dantes

I like your Spandau buildings, they are so modern-ugly. Realistic citys today need this! Awesome your stuff!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

vester

NIce choice.

Nick: Neoclassical

mattb325

Nice choice - that will certainly be a beast to render  ;)

bombardiere

Look a very interesting project. I am so into historical buildings.  :P

c.p.

praiodan

Thank you very much for your kind words!

@ Dantes
I'm still working on a couple of Lots for the Spandau Condos and maybe, maybe on another surprise.

@ Simmer
As Arne pointed out, the Schloss Bellevue is of neoclassical style, it was built for Ferdinand of Prussia, the youngest brother of Friedrich II. Nowadays it is the seat of the Bundespraesident, the head of state of Germany. Fun fact: Since the last refurbishment of the palace around 2005, there is no living space anymore, as more offices were needed, so the Bundespraesident actually lives in a mansion in Dahlem (a lovely neighbourhood in the south-west of Berlin, just a couple of minutes away from my place) and has become a commuter across the city.  $%Grinno$%

@ Matt
What should I say? After having dealt with the Staatsbibliothek, nothing can shock me anymore!  $%Grinno$%

Here's a small update on the main facade (modelling there is mostly done):

matias93

Ir looks so solemn! The neoclassical is so beautiful and so underrepresented on SC4 landmarks

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895