• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praiodan

Holy moly! Now THAT'S one I craved for the game for a very long time.  &hlp And indeed, this surely won't be as painless as the appartments.  $%Grinno$%
I also thought about creating something similiar, the Kaufhaus des Westens in Berlin - which is the largest deptstore in continental Europe. Since I earn money with planning on the currently ongoing refurbishment of it, I have a very good insight into it, but this rather led to me refraining from it. It too is a hell of a complicated structure and actually not less than 6 buildings in 1.  ::)

Needless to say you're off to a wonderful start there.

mattb325

Thanks Lars!

It's a monster...and at this stage I only plan to do the front half back as far as Hans Crs/Rd which was the original building. It swallowed most of the surrounding buildings up to Basil Ave over the years, but because this is on curvy roads, there isn't any way of getting this faithfully into game, so it makes sense to stick with the front half (which still be something like 8x6 tiles anyway)  :o

Slowly progressing:

praiodan

This is what you call slow progress?  ???

I guessed you might stick only to the famous historical front. Fabulous progress so far, it'll be a fantastic eyecatcher!

bombardiere

Wow! I am speechless! This is indeed my cup of tea.  &hlp Thank you

I had to look this in Google Earth and yes it is a tangled mess. A helicopter field and a huge smokestack. (I wonder what they are burning there.  ::) )  It would probably look better without these addon building and  simplified back facade and roof.

You make me feel slow and clumsy in batting  :P I am still working with my Bedford Square, but I wanted to add a few terraced buildings, so it has taken a bit more time to finish all.

art128

I have no idea which building that is, but it loos great so far!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

praiodan

Quote from: art128 on May 28, 2017, 03:53:23 AM
I have no idea which building that is, but it loos great so far!

It is Harrods of London:)

vester

Looks like great progress you are making Matt.

That gable looks a bit to steep, even compensating for the game angles.
Think a cut down of the height to 40-67 % of present.

reddonquixote

I don't think I've seen your modeling in progress before, all your BATs seem to spring out of hat already completed using some amazing BAT magic  :satisfied:

Looking great so far  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Girafe

Looks really promising  ::) ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simmer2

Palatial!!

Thanks for the last series of BAT's you release, they are fantastic  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Simcoug

That is a monster undertaking - I know I would have trouble BATing a square box, so when I see you show your progress on something like this I can't imagine how you knock these out quickly.  Simply amazing work.   :popcorn:

mattb325

Thanks all - I wish my Bat cape weren't at the cleaners...then I really could just conjure all these fiddly pixels into being, but instead I'll have to show progress pictures like everyone else  $%Grinno$%

Worked a little bit more on it last night

Girafe

I am glad to see you posting again here  ;)

Lovely projects  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

911Diva

This is beautiful!!!   &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup:

c.p.

Wow I love it.  The detailed bay windows, carvings, etc, are awesome. &apls

praiodan

Wonderful progress. It's very satisfying to see this baby growing.  &apls

mattb325

Thanks all. It was a fairly quick pregnancy  after all ;)

Available here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31736-harrods/

art128

Well that was fast. :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

praiodan

Maybe you should consider an obstetrician job?  $%Grinno$%

bombardiere

Wow! That is fast  ???  I wish that I would have even one tenth of your speed.  &apls

Thank you for this.

How long you did have to wait to get tha Mini in the picture? :D