• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem in upgrade

Started by JoaoBarbosa, July 27, 2017, 07:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoaoBarbosa

Hello, i hope it's not a repost. I dind't found and i'm sorry if i duplicate. I bought via internet the Rush Hour. I'm trying to install CAM and NAM, but bouth need the upgrade the patch. I download the file and execute. Theory it is everything ok, but... when i try to install CAM and NAM still saying i need to upgrade the patch. I hope someone can hell me. Thank you in advance, JB

mgb204

Check the Patchlog.txt file, which should be generated in the folder the patch was run from. Does this show any errors? The patch itself always reports the "application ran successfully", but that doesn't mean there were no errors.

Two key problems people run into patching SC4. The first is using the wrong SKU update for their version of SC4, you must use the applicable one for your disks. Note that the location of purchase has nothing to do with the SKU you might end up with.

Secondly, if any of the SC4 files have been modified in any way, the patches will always fail. In such a scenario, uninstall SC4 completely, re-install from scratch and then you should be able to patch without problems. Note that installing either the I-HT fix or CAM equivalent will modify the original files, as such both the EP1 and NiteLighting patch must be installed before them.