• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Little confusion about different El-rail and Monorail mods

Started by Tyberius06, May 25, 2017, 03:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

I have a little confusion about the above mentioned networks. There are several mods, which replaces eachother, overwrite each other, existing next to each other, and I'm not sure how many of the existing, and which compatible with the others and which one is not.

So my question: is there any "detailed" list, or can some one make a clearifid list (maybe links would be nice as well for the different mods, if those links are still available) about the different El-rail and Mono-rail, HSR, GLR etc mods?

- So we have vanilla El-Rail and Mono-Rail. (and the heavy rail, but that one is OK for me)
- The GLR is a modified version of the El-Rail, and compatible with it, so they can exist next to each other.
- My confusion starts with the different El-rail mods: I'm using the alternate El-Rail Mod from NAM (I think). But what else is out there and what is the relationship among those different mods?
- And what is the Shinkansen?
- As I know HSR use the Mono-rail network, or maybe not... I've never tried but can the HSR and Mono-rail are exist next to each other?

Any would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

matias93

On a list:

-Elevated Rail by Maxis
--Moonlinght's mod to the El rail, distributed on the NAM. It's a re-skin of the network.
--Ground Light Rail or Tramway by the NAM team. It's a SAM type network, using starters, so it's compatible with the original
---several re-skins to the GLR-tram

-Monorail by Maxis
--Moonlinght Shinkansen mod, distributed by the NAM team. It's a re-skin to make the monorail to look like the Japanese high speed rail.
--High Speed Rail Project (HSRP). On the NAM. It's two SAM type networks (elevated and ground), using starters but not visually compatible with the monorail or Shinkansen mod. They can be used in parallel.
---Vershner's re-skin for the HSRP. Distributed by the NAM team.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Thank you matias! :)

If I'm not mistaken the HSR and the monorail system (or its reskined versions) used the same automatas, like the El-rail and GLR, is that correct?
Other question: Moonlight BTM (Bullet Train Mod) is the same than the Shinkansen or is it an other alteration?

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

matias93

All things pathed as el-rail use the same automatas, regardless of the re-skining. Same thing with the monorail. In any case, some mods (as the Shinkansen) include their own automatas, but you can change them too.

And yes, Moonlignht (with the extra 'n') BTM is the same as the Shinkansen mod

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895