• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

PaPa-J

Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Alan_Waters

How long have I been waiting for them! ..

Tyberius06

Quote from: Simmer2 on June 03, 2018, 10:59:42 PM
So glad a lot of people liked the scopes :)

This is a Bus and Subway Hub and it fits nicely in a roundabout!

Such thing useful?

Simmer2

Hi Nick!

When will get this really nice and unique roundabout station building? I'm eager to play with! :)

Really nice freight railcar automatas too, it will be fun to see them in my industrial areas!
Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

Tibi I may release it soon.

Here are a few more examples of the selective train cars and length files I have been working on.
Box cars 25 cars

Mixed cars 50 cars

Oil tankers 25 cars

Closeup

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Well Nick!

That's a really long snake! :D :D  &apls &apls &apls I love the concept...!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

PaPa-J

When you get this finished will there just be one set of cars and engines or will they vary from time to time?
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

eggman121

Great work there Simmer2

Reminds me of this ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/jP4-iFIafUo

This is one of the Western Australia Pilbara mining trains. I would hate to get stuck at a level crossings for one of these beasts.

A couple of suggestions since you are working on your automata journey.

1) Is it possible to add more engines to the front?

2) Is it possible to have certain lots generate certain Rail sets.. e.g (An oil yard with oil carriages or coal train to transport coal from a mining site to a power station or export?)

I don't know it either can be achieved but given what I know... You are the man!

Anyway a consistent set of wagons is definitely a great start :)

-eggman121

Simmer2

This entire project is based on Swamper77's Jestarr rail car automatas. I just decompiled and modified them. In order for this to work I had to separate all 38 files individually so as to be able to give the players the chance to chose whatever car they wish to show up in game.
Furthermore this idea was originally started by Swordmaster a few years ago. I'm just taking it several steps down the road by adding a few more features.

Thanks Tibi!

Papa-J There will be 38 different rail cars to chose from. You will be able to have from 1 up to all 38 rail cars show up but the choice is yours. It will as simple as picking what you want from a folder, however you must chose before you start the game. City Journals will be a bit more interesting when showing trains rolling about.
I'm not providing the locomotive automata. I pick one or two from vester's gigantic locomotive library.

eggman121 I find those videos somewhat relaxing  ()stsfd()

To answer your questions.

1) You cannot have 2 locomotives show up at the front BUT I was able to have it show up at the end of the train (I gave it the caboose IID) I have seen trains setup this way. Locomotive at the front as master (pulling) and the one at the rear as slave (pushing). The rest of the rail cars appear at random therefore they cannot be set.

However it will not be practical to implement. Only way would be to modify all of vester's freight trains automata packs to include a caboose override. Remember that ultimately it is up to the player to chose the locomotive, my work regards the rail cars  :)

2) Unfortunately as far as I understand the game engine, it is not possible to have custom trains generated by lots. Whatever initial setup you have in your train folder is what you are going to get. However I did noticed something on one of your videos, you were able to generate trains on command by plopping something...or am I mistaken.... ()what()

Here is the dual locomotive train (one at the front and one at the back)

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Hi Nick

I thought that may be the case with the automata.I did read somewhere that a dual ends where tried on passenger automata but to no avail.

Thanks for the answers so far ;)

Also...

QuoteHowever I did noticed something on one of your videos, you were able to generate trains on command by plopping something...or am I mistaken....
You mean This?

-eggman121

PaPa-J

You truly are good at what you do! I'm impressed.
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

Simmer2

Thank you Stephen.

Thanks Papa-J

...hopping hoppers.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hehe!
I started to phrase my post in Hungarian! :D :D
So you should start a CJ... I really enjoy watching your picture set ups to showcasing your new lots/bats/projects... :)
You put a nice new snake here! :)

Nice job!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius

manga rivotra

It is always very nice to see, after so many years, new technical improvements to this game, especially when it is supposed impossible.
Always more realism thanks to you.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you!!

SM2 Kennedy Bus and Subway Hub is now online here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3622

Page 1 has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

Simmer2

Tyberius06

It's fantastic, that you released this really nice building! :)
Thanks Nick! :)

- Tyberius

Simmer2

On holidays in one of my maps.....

Simmer2

huzman

Hate to correct the master, but...
"Escondida" is the Spanish word for "hidden", not "escondita". English speaking people are murdering Spanish just as the French are murdering English.

Another similar example? It's not "Bandito" but "Bandido".

I hope that there aren't hard feelings, tho.

-h
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Simmer2

@huzman

The point was not the writing. It was the scene.

Nick

huzman

@Simmer2: You lost me there...
May I ask you what you mean by "writing" and "scene"?
Oh, and then I DO have a lot of time in my hands, lots of people do.
Cordially,

-henri
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley