• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

These are great :thumbsup:  I especially like the Custom House, 120 Wall Street (so New York!), 100 Old Slip, and the Battery Maritime Building.

Only a few thousand more to go :D

reddonquixote

Sorry, no updates to share, just yet, but I was wondering if anyone can please recommend a good water mod?

I'm currently using Gobias Staten Island Water mod - is that considered a good one? It dates back to 2012, wondering if there's been any remarkable advances in water mods since then, or is that as good as they come? (not that there's anything particularly wrong with it, just seems to glitch sometimes and lose transparency - maybe that's how they are?)

While I'm here, some replies  ;D

Thanks Praiodan, Bombardiere, Girafe, Diva and CP!
Arthur - very funny  :D
Vlasky and Seraf thanks for the offer :thumbsup:
MGB - eek.. too technical for me, but I might PM you sometime for help?
Deora - yeah, the southern tip isn't gridded unfortunately, hence me wanting to do it  ()what() ()what() I have a proof-of-concept in the works, hope to share very soon.
Matt, thanks! - But as we all know, BATs are made by their textures, and NYBT are all texturing masters, I hope I can do as well  :)

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

reddonquixote

Still looking for a good water mod.. anyone  ()what() ()what() ()what()

Anyway.. here's a little preview of what I've been working on.

I briefly stopped work on this project to help someone else with a BAT, and that's nearly ready for release just need to finish the modding. Hopefully things will speed up a bit now  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Simmer2

Excellent work! SC4 really needs a new dock set and those look amazing!

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

JP Schriefer

Looks great! These docks will be wonderful in game.

fantozzi

On water mods it's difficult - you're already using a good one, yes, so to argue could only be arguing about taste. Bit over at Simtropolis CorinaMarie made a cataloge with pictures of every known water mod which might be helpful if you want to pick a new one for colour reasons  http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/71449-coris-water-shoppe/.

reddonquixote

Thankyou both - CorinaMarie's list is extremely helpful, thanks Fantozzi for pointing me in there. Korver, I really like some of the drunkapple ones as well. I had already found and am pretty happy with HD brigantine, but lots more to choose from now, thanks  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I'm actually toying with the idea now of BATing water so that I can get true reflections.. philosophical debate topic: At what point does it stop being SC4 and becomes a 3D render inside the SC4 executable?  &mmm

Thanks JP and Nick  :)

Dantes

The anglers will be happy to fish.  ;D The piers look great!

reddonquixote

Thankyou all  ;D

Its been a little while in the making, but I think its ready to show now.. let me know what you think?

Liberty Island:

Thanks for the water mod suggestions... I went with Gobias' GB Seto Inland Sea Water in the end  :thumbsup:

I think I want to do something with the water edges so they look a bit foamy and maybe a bit stony, rather than so crisp edges at the moment. Suggestions gratefully received :newbie:

Andreas

Wow! :o Looks exactly like the real thing! I think I never used the Statue of Liberty landmark from Maxis, but this... :)

As for the edges, maybe add some rocks around the walls, extending into the water a bit, like on this photo?
Andreas

Tyberius06

Wonderfull, truely wonderful.

BUT

Help me, please understand, what i see here. Is it one piece of model, or a LOT with different props and textures? Anyway that seewall looks so nice, that I could use that as a separate shoreline decoration all with its angels... OK as I know making such a seawall probably would be pretty hard work, but that would be such a great addition. and those piers/docks could be work as a separate prop set as well... :)

Amazing work on this too, thanks!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

bombardiere

Just stunning.  &apls You give a word Landmark a whole new meaning.  :thumbsup:

I could use those jetties as separate props. Off centred perhaps so that those could point outside of the lot in to water.

romualdillo

Impressive! It's a genuine masterpiece!  &apls It would be great if the docks were functional... Are they?

matias93

You know, this beauty doesn't even need to be on water, as it could be a monumental plaza on the top of a hill. Considering that, and the wealth of effects available to end users (like ploppable foam), you should include the less possible landscaping.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

Absolutely stunning  :thumbsup: Really, it is flawless!

For the foam, maybe I guess you could add one of the 'wash effects' similar to those used on bridges (which would be a lot of work in the reader to make it appear on a non-network based file, and may not even be possible to achieve any results), but failing that, there are a lot of wonderful rock flora that can be MMP'd around the model by the user.

JP Schriefer

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

seraf

I can't even find the words to describe how wonderful this looks  &apls &apls I just have to ask - are those trees seasonal? ;)

As a side note: here's the Bedloe's Island in the 30's  ;D

vester

reddonquixote that looks just splendid.  :thumbsup:

Fun side story, a small part of the island is in New Jersey, a bit like Ellis Island. Here is only a small part of the island is New York.