• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

I felt like updating the LEX Power Search a little bit today. Not only should the results (especially the first batch) arrive quicker now, there's also a bit of extra functionality. It's something people have been requesting pretty much from the start of the LEX.. Being able to search for file titles. You can also combine with any of the other available filters.

So it's possible to search for e.g. all files with "canal" in the title by SimGoober that have not been locked.

If you don't see the new functionality - or search doesn't work - you may have to clear your browser cache.

Let me know if there's any problems and enjoy!

- Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Yild

LEX:

link from Latest Uploads: Show more..

returns "Please use at least one filter."

for each button "All files"..."Tools&Docs"
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

CasperVg

A new version of the LEX Downloader X has been released on the LEX. Changelog:

v 1.5
    - bump support library versions (LEX4J v1.1 instead of an indev version)
    - improve lot preview image functionality. Should be more stable
    - add translation functionality. LEX Downloader X is now available in English and Dutch. Let me know if you want to help translating to an other language!

JoeST

It would be useful if the 'tools & docs' group didn't have models in it. Aka, move the model files into their own group. They aren't tools or docs, really.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

Quote from: JoeST on December 19, 2014, 06:24:58 AM
It would be useful if the 'tools & docs' group didn't have models in it. Aka, move the model files into their own group. They aren't tools or docs, really.
Yeah, I agree that not reserving a category for model files was a pretty bad decision back in the day. I'll see if I can fix that someday.

A new version of the LEX Downloader X has just been released on the LEX.

It comes with functionality to parse Cleanitol dependency files, which will add the dependencies to your download list and give you a chance to download them in bulk.

CasperVg

A recent Chrome update may have broken the search/lotlist auto-load-on-scroll functionality for some people. The issue has been fixed and should roll out to everyone over the next 24 hours (or just clear your browser cache to get the fix immediately)

CasperVg

You can now share direct links to search queries/results:

That way, you can link people directly to CAM Industrial files by BarbyW, for example :)

CasperVg

A login issue on Internet Explorer 9 has been fixed. Thank you, Quan for reporting it :)

CasperVg

Good news everyone,

the download tracker issues that have been plaguing the LEX over the past couple of months (download tracking was not working at all for anyone) have been fixed. It turns out that one of our database tables responsible for the tracking had become corrupted. Download tracking (and also download-later listing) should work 100% for everyone again. Please let me know if you still encounter any issues.  ;)

We regret any inconvenience that this may have caused to you - and would like to apologize by raising the download limits (daily MBs) by 25% for the rest of the month of November.

- Capser Casper

EDIT: Wow, can't even spell my own name correctly anymore

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Jack_wilds

dealing in code all the time; makes one forget simple daily things  ??? 
    :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Ever noticed how it could take a couple of seconds for a LEX download to start? Well, not anymore. Over the past couple of days I have been improving the efficiency of all things related to our largest database table, the "Download History". It holds about 15 million download records, and that was beginning to put a serious strain on performance. Things like downloading a file, accessing the dependency tracker, downloading a bulk dependency, etc. took quite some time.

Now, downloading a file is instant, and accessing even the largest (eg. CAM Residential Starter Pack) dependency trackers takes no more than half a second. (Power) searching and the Lot Table functionality are also faster now  :)

On top of that, the Bulk Dependency creation has been rewritten from scratch to be more performant and also more helpful. It will now automatically include cascading dependencies (dependencies of the dependencies) and come with a CONTAINS and WARNINGS file, with a list of all files that were included (including the reason why) and a list of files that couldn't be included (locked/deleted), respectively. Because of the way it is now implemented, there's a chance you may have to re-enter your LEX username/password once every so often when doing a bulk download (browser limitations).

Format of CONTAINS.json
[
  {
    "id": 119,
    "name": "BMD Mediterranean Style Farms",
    "status": {
      "ok": true,
      "deleted": false,
      "superseded": false,
      "superseded_by": -1,
      "locked": false
    },
    "file": "BMD Med style Farms and fields.zip",
    "reason": {
      "first_time": true,
      "outdated": false,
      "version_mismatch": false
    }
  },
  {
    "id": 345,
    "name": "BSC MEGA Props MBEAR Vol01",
    },
    "file": "Install_BSC_MEGA_Props_MBEAR_Vol01.zip",
      "first_time": true,
      "outdated": false,
    }
  },
  {
    "id": 403,
    "name": "BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01",
    },
    "file": "Install_BSC_MEGA_Props_swi21_Vol01.zip",
      "first_time": false,
      "outdated": true,
    }
  }
]

Kesher Council Chambers_dependencies.zip contents

If you notice any irregularities, let me know. For those wondering, the bulk dependency functionality can also be triggered with the LEX API v4, using the endpoint http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/api/v4/lot/<lotid>/bulk-dependency.

Swordmaster

You're awesome Casper. I will have to put together a new plugins folder over the coming weeks so those improvements are very useful!

Cheers
Willy

CasperVg

the LEX has been updated to run using the HTTPS protocol now. This means that the data transmitted between you and the server (e.g. username and password) is no longer visible to possible people listening in to the connection. This means that the URL for the LEX has changed from http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex to https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex. Existing http links will be automatically redirected. It's possible that you may have to clear your browser cache before the LEX is fully functional again for you. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

The goal is to also move the forums to HTTPS, but this requires more technical operations (upgrading the SMF forum software, which requires upgrading PHP, ...) and thus will take more time.

AsimPika3172

Cool! Everything was HTTPS ever!  :thumbsup:  &apls &apls
Next job is... this forum itself becomes HTTPS very soon!  ()stsfd()
I loves Sim City forever!

CasperVg

A minor bugfix was just pushed to the v4 API:

- Fixed an issue that caused infinite loops if two files referred to each other as a dependency.

This happened for example with VDK GLR Tram Mods Package Vol 01 (lotid 337) and Vil's fix for VDK GLR Tram Mods (lotid 2293)