• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC General Support Thread

Started by Voltaire, December 20, 2007, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

Hi fafalone,

The Lot Editor will only let you choose aircraft that fit on the current lot. I see from the other thread you were able to get the 757's, so now just expand the up to 5x6 and the 787's will become available.

LE will not allow you to plop an aircraft which is larger the current lot... for example, the 787 requires at least 4x6 tiles, and I recommend 5x6 for realism. The 747 gates weren't working for you because they are only 5x5 tiles. Note, you can collapse the Lot after plopping the aircraft, if you like. But at first it needs to be six tiles long.

A380 aircraft, if done to correct scale, would require even more space. You can find the prop dimensions inside the XML entry of its SC4MODEL, or the Exemplar inside its SC4DESC file. The dimensions are always given in meters... divide by 16 and go to the next highest whole number to get your minimum Lot size for that aircraft.

Regarding changing the prop values: no modifications are necessary here, but in the future if you wish to make new SC4DESC for a prop model, use Plugin Manager (PIM). I highly recommend the new version recently put on the LEX, versus the old Maxis version from years ago.

Happy Lotting  :)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

fafalone

Voltaire - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm well on my way to getting them all lotted; the 757s work with a 5x5 lot, and the 787s and tabi's A380s fit good on a 5x6 lot. The excellent base texture and overlay texture work made it possible to easily make these expanded lots integrate perfectly. Just need to put a couple finishing touches on the first lots then I'll post some pics.

Edit- Got a few of them into the game. Just wanted to share my first ever lots, thanks again:

Full Size

nekseb

Hi to all,
I've been working on my region with an "rebuild" of the Rhein-Main-Airport in FRA.

For that I made some 1*1 Lot's with the basetexture of Taxiway with centerline and and some airplane props from AC Team and Tabi. I made these Lot's with SC4Pim and after that I open these Lot's again with LE and save them again (because of the Icon). If I place the Lot on my region I get an CTD if I zoom in or out.

All Lot's have here place in the airport menue.

Anyone an Idea?

Thanks for your help!
Robert
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Haljackey

fafalone, how did you get tabi's A380 in the game?  His files are only for lot editor I thought, not actual props in game.

I've been dying to add some of these planes to my gameplay.  Is there a certain way I can get it to work?

WC_EEND

Quote from: Haljackey on January 21, 2010, 09:48:13 AM
fafalone, how did you get tabi's A380 in the game?  His files are only for lot editor I thought, not actual props in game.

I've been dying to add some of these planes to my gameplay.  Is there a certain way I can get it to work?
Just open up LE, make sure your lot is large enough (7x7 should do the trick), place the plane pro on the lot, save the lot and exit LE, play the game and plop your lot ;)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

fafalone

Quote from: Haljackey on January 21, 2010, 09:48:13 AM

The lot needs to be at least 5x6. I started with the open grass area, resized it to 5x6 and used the AC Team's 747 overlay textures to basically make a 747 lot that was 1 tile longer; once you have that, tabi's A380s show up in the LE prop menu (near the bottom). When you save it from there it will show up in the park menu (going further, I used LEprop to get it in the airport menu with its own icon.)

nekseb

You can go also another way - but a little more expensive - open an 747 Gate Lot with LEprop and chance the menue where this lot has his place into park. After that you can open this lot in LE and remove the 747 with an A380 and the SAVE AS Button is useable!  $%Grinno$%

After editing, you have to chance the menue position via LEprop again (If you wan't).

I've made some trials till I get this solution.

At the beginning I was wondering   ()what() why I can't open (to edit) the airport-Lots in LE, it seems that's because that they have her menue position in the airport menue. ()what()

I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

fafalone

If anyone wants the lots I made, let me know. I'm done with both 757-300s, both 787s and all of the A380s. Also tabi's Concordes. They all have a unique arrangement of props to avoid looking repetitive. But obviously I'm new at this and not affiliated with the AC, so don't expect the thoroughly excellent quality of official AC lots.

Haljackey

I want the lot for the A380 if you don't mind.  I've always wanted to have an A380 in SC4 (I know you can right now, but that requires using LE which I have never used before.)

Maybe the 787 too, that looks like a cool plane, even if it is smaller.

fafalone

http://rapidshare.com/files/339609295/A380_and_787_lots.zip.html

Usual disclaimers apply... I have all the lots in my airport now and they seem to be working fine. Icons will be near the top of the airport menu.

A380 models:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/tabinohito/newpage12.html

The 787s are in AC Mega Props Vol 04... so definitely that; and to make sure all the props show up make sure you have the whole AC collection and their dependencies (sg 01, jes 01, etc). I didn't use anything outside of dependencies the AC team content already required.

Let me know what you think and if there's anything that should be changed.

teddyb4492

Hi there everyone,

i was wondering if there are any plans to do a wide runway/taxiway set at any time?  And are there any plans for any new buildings related to airports?

i would like to request a wider runway/taxiway set if at all posible.  i also think that some new main buildings would be great as well.

thanks, also i can offer some help if needed.

Sean

muxcomee

teddy There is the RMIP3 LAE which is like, a wider runway, but i'm not sure about the wider taxiway. There might be, just check it out. However, it is currently on like pause, cos Gwail is busy.

For the terminals, SCAG has there SCAG-VHMT. And this is also kinda slowing down.

And there are alot of other terminal buildings by Japanese batters. Just look around, or look at the Japanese Batter Page.

Briprizza has batted some planes, and some terminals, and heaps of other good stuff.

krbe

RMIP 1 provides 3-tile (48 m) wide concrete runways. Unfortunately they are connected to the taxiway with apron textures, though I consider this as a minor tradeoff for the sake of realism. Most main airports have 45 m runways, so I prefer the width over the apron connections.

That being said, 30 m is the usual width for small regional airports or city airports like LCY. Also some major airports in Africa use 30 m wide runways.

Regarding taxiways: "Normal" taxiways are about 23 m wide (since they are just used for, er, taxiing), so the current taxiways are already "wide". If you're still not happy with the added 9 m, you can use the following puzzle pieces: Sides, empty area, centre-line in centre and centre-line along the edge. For example you can use the following setups:

SCS
SLLS
SECES
SELLES

S = Side | C = Centre-line in centre | L = Centre-line along edge | E = Empty area
These will make your taxiways 3 (48 m), 4 (64 m), 5 (80) and 6 (96 m) tiles wide, respectively.

A Japanese creator did make an attempt at making a modular Kansai terminal set, but it has to be lotted and I can't for my life remember where to get it. Sorry about that.

teddyb4492

muxcomee & krbe, 
thanks for the comments and the help, I found some great props on bripizza page. athough i do think that for the large jets we are seeing in the game now, we need a wider runway for them. new termanials would be great but i have see a lot of work that has been started and never finnished.  we just keep on hanging in there and maybe we will see some new ones soon.
thanks again for the help.
Sean

shinkansen1

I apologize if this is a foul time to post this, but shortly after starting on my new airport, a glitch occurred at night...

I am running the game's graphics on software mode because hardware mode causes severe rendering issues on many buildings. I am beginning to suspect that my computer may not have a graphics card installed. &mmm

WC_EEND

Is the South African aircraft that has the issue an A340 or a 747? It's a bit hard to see from that angle.

My LOT thread                                    

SCWTC4

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 17, 2012, 10:34:02 AM
Is the South African aircraft that has the issue an A340 or a 747? It's a bit hard to see from that angle.
neither an A340 or SAL, that's definetly the Korean Air 747-8I: 4 engines, raked wingtip and Taho-style logo on the tail: so it's ACB-VLT Series 3
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

WC_EEND

Quote from: SCWTC4 on May 17, 2012, 12:38:22 PM
neither an A340 or SAL, that's definetly the Korean Air 747-8I: 4 engines, raked wingtip and Taho-style logo on the tail: so it's ACB-VLT Series 3

Hadn't noticed that actually, but if you look further down, you'll see the same thing on what is clearly a South African Airlines plane.

Xander

My LOT thread                                    

SCWTC4

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 17, 2012, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: SCWTC4 on May 17, 2012, 12:38:22 PM

Hadn't noticed that actually, but if you look further down, you'll see the same thing on what is clearly a South African Airlines plane.

Xander
oh, right, hadn't noticed before, the pic stopped loadign at the Turkish plane, i thought the problem was with only one plane, so i did not bother to reload the pic, my bad...
anyway, even the SAA is a 747, i can see the winglets, fuselage section and wingspan shape that doesn't match the A340's one.
if i'm not mistaken it's still one of the planes included in ACB-VLT Series 3.
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Voltaire

Shinkansen, this is a glitch I've never seen before... I know the props rendered OK, so your theory about a video problem is most likely correct. The only other possibility would be a bad download of the prop files.

The screenshot shows mangled textures... specifically, the alpha mask has loaded, but the day & night color layers have not (both day & night renders are combined for the nighttime view). Those color layers are DXT compressed, but they're still much larger than the alpha layer... this may be a symptom of video RAM becoming full.

For troubleshooting, try quitting and re-loading the game, then re-plopping these two lots. If this specific glitch stops, but it keeps happening to other buildings/aircaft, then a video problem is confirmed. If this same glitch returns again and again (same viewing direction, same zoom, same aircraft) then it's a bad download.

Quote from: shinkansen1 on May 17, 2012, 09:40:13 AM
I am beginning to suspect that my computer may not have a graphics card installed. &mmm

Let me know which operating system you have, and I can help you find out. The information is in different places, depending on your version of Windows.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs