• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Nice one! Curious to see what this monster will look like next to all those tiny houses :P :thumbsup:

SimCity V6

Two apologies here: Bad quality on the first, but I just couldn't fit the interchange into one regular zoom. Second for the GUI, don't really know the hotkeys to do so.

Moving on. Here's the action to the talk, anyhow...

Wiimeiser

I wanted to post this in the Stupidest Creations thread, but, eh. With new NAM tools comes new absurd interchanges. Like the "Seija Interchange", part of a clockwise-only ring road.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

vinlabsc3k

I know it's nothing special, but I contribute with this:

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

I like it  &apls  Curious what's going on beyond the right and bottom of the picture though...

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: noahclem on April 28, 2017, 10:15:29 AM
I like it  &apls  Curious what's going on beyond the right and bottom of the picture though...

It's an intersection with an "high density" road from a suburban area, considering that on the left side there's the CBD and Seaport.
But I can't take a picture because it's an old shot and the city was lost.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Nanami

Trying so hard to make sure no major weaving....

Curug Interchange, Meriah, Karasem

simonvangenderen

Bit of unusual design:

Wiimeiser

I assume the connection to the roundabout was a staging point, at least in universe?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

This is some very creative stuff--I always enjoy seeing people put the NAM to good use!  Nice job with the weaving avoidance, Nanami, while still getting a fairly compact complex interchange, and Simon, that's a pretty amazing layout, with lots of nice grid-busting going on. :thumbsup:

-Alex

j-dub

I know this is not much, but still, why do I still never see anyone build these signal-less dedicated turn lane x side access intersections? Is it a lack of popularity? Maybe too complex or something?

art128

I personally don't because sadly my Japanese mod do not work on them.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tarkus

I think a lot more people will once the FTLs go live in NAM 36, as the new turn lane system will make building things like that much easier.

-Alex

Tyberius06

Well, that's an interesting idea/setup, I personally have never seen such a setup in real life, at least where I grew up in Budapest, Hungary, there wasn't this kind of road-street setup, but that doesn't mean anything. In rural areas (where the main road is crossing the agricultural field-dirtstreets) I saw similiar things, but in villages/towns/cities this dedicated turn lane thing only works between roads, or roads and higher level networks (like avenue etc...).

But ones can always learn new things :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Seaman

oh thats just nice! I didn't built these because I just didn't had the idea to do so... thx for bringing this up :)

Dantes

Wonderful organic style! Fantastic Simonvangenderen!  &apls

Haljackey

I call this one a 'fully furnished' interchange. Just gotta unpause the simulation for growth.

Click images for full size.

Heavier traffic expected on the NB to WB and EB to SB ramps, hence the extra lanes & left exit.

j-dub

QuoteI think a lot more people will once the FTLs go live in NAM 36, as the new turn lane system will make building things like that much easier.
Well, that's good, as the RHW turn lane thru the streets method I was using I want to say was from back in 34. However, what I liked about this RHW turn lane piece was being able to often use a non-signalized turn lane X in front of default Maxis parking lots/driveways.

QuoteI personally don't because sadly my Japanese mod do not work on them.
Oh, sorry, but what don't work? T21's? Road turn lanes? Textures? Behavior compatibility? You see I'm set up with right hand drive, so in my situation, I set Japanese based streets off via SAM 2 starters, and place those pieces on both sides next to the RHW turn lane piece, so the middle line on the Japanese SAM streets matches up when it continues into the RHW turn lane piece crossing the street. That's how I've been getting off, but I don't know what your situation is, I know others replace their default Maxis streets with Japanese, but I didn't want to off Maxis all together.

Easier to build later is better, but still, what didn't look easy to build no doubt was these recent highways here, I can't even tell what category you would call out with that bottom Haljackey intersection pictured and simonvangenderen's tough builds.

Ryan B.

The southernmost split of my new local-express setup...

j.snowpr

Hello all! Long time fan, not my first post but my first contribution, here are 3 intersections on my main big tile city; even though I've been playing SC4 since it came out a feeeewwwww years ago, it was 3 years ago that I discovered all the custom content available for it, and my life changed forever! Anyways, hope you like them!