• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraf

Oh yes, this is very nice! Can't wait to see more of it :)

I think the lights will depend on the version you are making. Mine, being pre-1900, won't have anything fancy when it comes to illumination ;)

Yeah, well, I don't mind :D What's so great about being normal anyway?   $%Grinno$%

noahclem

Wow, nothing too complicated there  ::)  The size and complexity of the project here seems huge even by your standards and I certainly look forward to seeing your progress on this one  :thumbsup:

JP Schriefer

c.p.

Simcoug

Amazing modeling!  You picked a heck of a project - good luck!   :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Nice, but can it be modded to be a station?

J/k :D  This is awesome Jay. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

mattb325

It's a beautifully detailed start  &apls

Bipin

reddonquixote

Quote from: JP Schriefer on April 27, 2017, 11:59:09 AM
reddonquixote: it's great to know, now I want 15 new BATs from you tomorrow! Nah just kidding  :D

15 new BATs?... Geez you don't want much. Ok, here you go. 15 new BATs  ()stsfd()

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

bombardiere

What???  :o You are doing teh Lower Manhattan skyline? I am speechless.  :)

JP Schriefer

:o Woooooot this is so freaking cool, I'm gonna cry

BTW a new 32 Old Slip will be great, when I did mine 2 years ago it became awful in my own opinion  :popcorn:

Tyberius06

So that's why you were in silent mode... OK I can live with it! :D :D :D  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Very nice-very nice! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

weixc812

Recreating Manhattan? What an ambitious plan!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

praiodan

Now that is quite a prospect.  &apls

deora

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
You`re not really trying to BAT the whole Financial District as one BAT (or Modules that will shape it)
I`ve seen someone doing the whole Liberty Island as a BAT and already thought that was crazy (and secretly wished your amazingly detailed Statue or Liberty was used) but now you come and create the Financial District?
You`re Nuts Mate...and we love you for that &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
And now i really wanna see how it all fits in the Game :D

noahclem

Really beautiful work here &apls  If there's anyone capable of undertaking such a massive project and doing it justice it's certainly you  ;)

Simcoug

Holy cow!   &dance &dance &dance
It looks like you have plans to do the Battery Maritime Building too... I would love that!  I think I can count the number of custom ferry terminals in SC4 on one hand - plus it's beautiful historic building.  Really excited to see activity in this thread!   :thumbsup:

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone - to be honest, not really sure what I'm doing yet.

I do know its not going to be one huge BAT lol  $%Grinno$%

I'm thinking more of a CJ than a series of BATs. I was inspired by Korver's Sydney Harbour and thought it would be cool to see NY harbour done as well, but for obvious reasons its practically impossible to recreate in the confines of the SC4 grid.. so about the bust the grid big time  :thumbsup:

Here's the area I want to do with the buildings all blocked in. It's pretty much the whole section south of the Brooklyn bridge... and its a pretty mammoth undertaking.

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Amazing  :o

Assuming you're not on the student license, once finished, you could seriously consider selling it to New York City or even movie studios. I imagine they would have a lot of uses for something like this  :thumbsup: