• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praiodan

Your frequency of showcasing us new buildings and their varieties reminds me a little of the Duracell Bunny. You just seem to keep it going and going and going.  $%Grinno$%
Once more, wonderful work. &apls

Simcoug

I actually really like the long narrow buildings... they are not well represented in SC4 even though they can be a common site in cities.  I hope you consider working you BATing magic on some commercial buildings with similar size footprints  :thumbsup: 

c.p.

Thanks Silur, Vizoria, kbieniu7, praiodan, and Simcoug :)

Quote from: Vizoria on April 21, 2017, 02:50:54 PM
I wonder if its possible to create W2W versions by combining two such models together? Perhaps this is possible for the diagonal versions too?
The roof overhangs would make that difficult for that building. &mmm  But I'll probably be doing other more W2W-friendly buildings eventually.

Quote from: Simcoug on April 24, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
I hope you consider working you BATing magic on some commercial buildings with similar size footprints
Eventually, maybe, but first I've got to finish some of this residential stuff (and the prop packs and texture packs that will be dependencies for the lots).

For todays update here are yet again more medium wealth residential buildings for the Manchester set:
162 Glover Street:

262 Glover Street:

And some real life pics from Keene, Concord, Dover and Somersworth, New Hampshire:

praiodan

I'd love to criticise the models. But I just can't spot anything calling for criticism. So once more all I can do is applauding.  &apls

Jack_wilds

yet another awesome array of houses...  :thumbsup:
just too impressed to find an apt word...  "$Deal"$
so how any sets doe this make now ()what()

all of the models are soo well done do not know a favorite to point at   :)

:satisfied:

noahclem

Excellent work on the latest sets  &apls  Always such a pleasure to see this project grow and progress  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

love the bay windows.  Such a simple design, but it really livens up the facade of a building.  Wonderful variations as always.   :thumbsup:
I'm curious how many garage footprints you will have when all is said and done.

vester

Excellent work.

Not sure about the pink like color on the second last in the second picture, that is just be.

Beside that  &apls

JP Schriefer

Your models are always so beautiful and well done *_*

Vizoria

So many incredible housing sets! You must have created a few thousand houses by now!

deora

I think i repeat myself,but i love your batted Pieces of Art and i really love Bay Windows :bnn:
Well done as always.

mrbisonm

Yap, I agree with most of the Commenters. Very nice indeed and surely most useful for those who play North-american style, such as me. ;)  :thumbsup: ;D

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Shark7

Even for someone like me that just lets all styles build at the same time they are very useful.  My opinion is that you can never have too many different styles of houses in game, it helps make each city more unique.

metarvo

Quote from: Shark7 on April 30, 2017, 10:54:03 AM
My opinion is that you can never have too many different styles of houses in game

Precisely this!  Since most houses in a city will be unique, with the exception of those built in the new suburban subdivisions, variety rules.  Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

c.p.

Thanks praiodan, Jack_wilds, noahclem, Simcoug, vester, JP Schriefer, Vizoria, deora, mrbisonm, Shark7 and metarvo :)

Quote from: Simcoug on April 28, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
I'm curious how many garage footprints you will have when all is said and done.
Across all sets, there are 8 R$, 10 R$$, and 4 R$$$ garage footprints, not including diagonal/FAR (which there aren't a huge number of).  This includes a few larger barns.  The Manchester set, (which is the set I'm furthest along with) probably has fewer footprints than this, but I don't know how many exactly.

Fred: Thanks, and best wishes for your return to good health!

I've been working lately on offset fence props, driveway entrances and paths, etc, to help improve the diagonal/FAR lots.  I was hoping to have pics to show progress on those, but it has turned out to be more tedious and frustrating than I expected.  But within the next few weeks there should be an update showing those.  In the meanwhile, here is an update showing a simple new low wealth tenement for the Manchester set, 145 Viles Place, and also Diagonal/FAR versions of two similar R$ buildings I made a while back, 21 and 51 Coolidge St.

145 Viles Place:

21 and 51 Coolidge St:

The real-life picture from Lowell, Massachusetts I based these on:

mrbisonm

Good Grief, this will be another excellent Res Revolution for Sc4. Love it!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simcoug

Holy cow... it's going to be a SC4 garage expansion all on it's own  :thumbsup:
That's exciting about the FAR props and offset stuff.  I've played around with lotting some of your FAR stuff (top of pic) and while tricky at first, I'm happy with the results.  The lack of FAR props has really been the limiting factor.  In any case, let me know if you would like any help in that area.
As for the new BATs, I know they are really simple boxes, but I really like the look of these.  They remind me of the Civil War for some reason. 
I'll be eagerly awaiting your next update  ;D 

APSMS

Why haven't I been commenting??!?!

That is one delightfully ugly house, and I mean that in the best way possible.

You are just like a BAT machine. I can't wait to see the Lots for these.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

praiodan

Once more fantastic work and I'm also eager to see your progress on the diagonal and FAR lots.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Impressive as always  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________