• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

The new textures look perfect. I am so excited to use the TuLEPs in my region.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ryan B.

ShadeSlayer

Ok, so TULEP is great and all, but is there any way to make it so you can fix things that you screw up. For example, you're one piece away from finishing an intersection and that piece happens to be facing the wrong way... You can try to delete the single piece, but then the ENTIRE intersection gets screwed up and you have to redo it.

I just re-did a fairly complicated intersection about 10 times building and connecting TLA-5. It was aggravating, to say the least.

Thanks!

SHABINDIGO

I downloaded the latest NAM update and everything seems to be okay except at all of my intersections, I have multiple brown boxes.  I wish I could post a picture for you to see, but I don't know how.  Any suggestions?

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

SHABINDIGO

Man! You all work fast! I was just getting back on to say, after messing around with it, I think I figured out what the problem was. Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly, though.  I appreciate it. 

jpj_starfleet

Just want to say great job! I can now have turning lanes with my GLR network the only problem is that little bit of white sidewalk at the end of the the turn lane but thats the GLR not the TuLEP's (Don't suppose somebody on the NAM team can make that 4 way GLR Ave intersection with out the center sidewalk bit?  $%Grinno$% )

Haljackey

Quote from: ShadeSlayer on May 10, 2010, 10:13:46 PM
Ok, so TULEP is great and all, but is there any way to make it so you can fix things that you screw up. For example, you're one piece away from finishing an intersection and that piece happens to be facing the wrong way... You can try to delete the single piece, but then the ENTIRE intersection gets screwed up and you have to redo it.

I just re-did a fairly complicated intersection about 10 times building and connecting TLA-5. It was aggravating, to say the least.

Quote from: jpj_starfleet on May 11, 2010, 09:32:01 AM
Don't suppose somebody on the NAM team can make that 4 way GLR Ave intersection with out the center sidewalk bit?

Well just keep in mind this is the first release of the TuLEPs, so there's bound to be some issues with it. Things will get fixed and added in future releases.

xsysiek

Girafe

Quote from: xsysiek on May 11, 2010, 01:44:57 PM
Are there any european textures?

I think not for time for Tulep, you had to wait surely in few weeks or months

for time there is just partially textures for RHW , check on simtropolis there is an update of last Euro textures of Mrtnrln there
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rjaap

This is really a great addition to the game! Excellent!

I have got a question about a piece:

In the center piece, the crossing, there seems to be a path for the cars leading nowhere. The path just stops in the middle of the crossing.
Also there is a path that starts in the middle of the cross but it has no path connecting to it.

Is this normal or should all the paths be connected?

deathtopumpkins

That is likely just a result of the top tile of the piece being identical to the one in the four-way intersection, as the paths would reflect that, but all the necessary paths for the T-intersection do appear to be connected.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

I see the sidewalk in between the slip lane, and the main road there. I thought there was a piece to connect the two slip lanes on each side, sadly, this is not that piece, and thus, your disconnected.

doorknob60

I know I'm getting ahead of what's just an initial release, but I'd really like to finish this interchange (it's obvious what's needed :P). Maybe sometime... :P

Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

j-dub

For now, your just going to have to pretend your RHW goes under there by using OneWay FLUPs pieces at that avenue where the RHW-4 ends. No, it won't have traffic connection under the TuLEP's avenue, but visually something will be there.

Haljackey

...Or you could curve your RHW's to the side and dig a pair of OWR tunnels. That would establish a working connection.

jgehrts

Lots of cool stuff with the TuLEPs - really like what's in there.  It can be a bit foreboding to use though - has anybody gotten a jump on a tutorial or the like that explains the puzzle pieces and such in more detail?  I couldn't find an FAQ on the TuLEPs specifically in the NAM plugin folder.  Thanks folks!

doorknob60

Quote from: Haljackey on May 11, 2010, 10:19:41 PM
...Or you could curve your RHW's to the side and dig a pair of OWR tunnels. That would establish a working connection.
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do (either that or get rid of the Tuleps in there and just use regular RHW overpasses), but I was joint pointing it out as a feature request for the next release (is it too early for that? :P)
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

rjaap

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 11, 2010, 07:06:17 PM
That is likely just a result of the top tile of the piece being identical to the one in the four-way intersection, as the paths would reflect that, but all the necessary paths for the T-intersection do appear to be connected.

Thanks! I was just wondering.

Quote from: j-dub on May 11, 2010, 09:24:30 PM
I see the sidewalk in between the slip lane, and the main road there. I thought there was a piece to connect the two slip lanes on each side, sadly, this is not that piece, and thus, your disconnected.

Yeah I know, I used the wrong piece for that. Thanks for noticing.

starfinder9659

the question is that on the tulep, there is white pavement on the plopped tulep puzzle piece, even though you might have a sidewalk mod installed, is there a way so that the tuleps puzzle pieces will match the sidewalk mod I have installed?

thanks