• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

And thank God I haven't to work as a helicopter pilot there. Or you hit the light tower or you're tipping down into the water. In between: space of the size of a stamp for landing.

Simmer2

Thank you!

SM2 Haut-Fond Prince Lighthouse is now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3726

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Wow!

Pretty amazing nightlights on this brilliant model! :) It's a really nice and unique addition! I think I found a nice spot for it, in one of my cities! :)
Thanks for sharing it!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

noahclem

Awesome work on the lighthouse--will be real useful  &apls &apls

Can I ask what that stormy water texture you're using in the earlier picture of it? Looks a lot like the RFR MMP water pieces but bigger and more complete. Could definitely imagine some uses for it ;)

Finally, the underground parking and subway bats will be extremely useful as well!

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi and Noa

Noa I changed the original name of that particular texture tile when I downloaded it several months ago however just google "Rough seawater texture" you will see tons of them!

Time to unveil my next big project for the RRW network. This project will revamp the RRW by introducing a whole line of 1x1 to 1x4 lots with custom base textures to match the original one, an entire folder filled with new custom HD props tailored specifically for the railway scene and more. By combining these lots you will be able to achieve some amazing railway scenery .

Also two T21 mods for that extra realism we all have grown fond of. A big thank you goes to Rivit for patiently teaching me how to T21

It will be staged in 3 parts.

1) Release of the new HD rail end bumpers T21 mod.

2) Release of the T21 version of my HD Rail Bits for the rail ends (stubs). For this part I created more than a dozen old shorter railcars.

3) Release of SM2 Rail Bits lot set (24 at this time).

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

This one you have already seen but it just shows a few of the lots that will be available.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

I absolutely love these old country corners. Rail Bits can make it possible.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

Beautiful work! Really nice models, rural, dirty..., lots of new stuffs which can be used elsewhere too... Nice work!
Thanks!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi!

This is a preview of the old turn of the century (1900's) type of railcars that will be used for my Railways Bits and T21 mod projects. As you can see they used to be quite a bit shorter than present day standards.

Simmer2

noahclem

I love the new project! Really exciting stuff and just outstanding work here  &apls &apls

CT14

Re: conv of the 11th: The RRW textures are the ones I had in mind.

I really like these new railcar models! Feedback:
- Shell yellow might be oversaturated (but the hue looks period correct. to my eye...)
- These models beg for final 133% vert scaling - squish especially apparent on tank cars

Simmer2

Thanks Noa!
@CT14 Quad with outer stubs with middle DTR out....

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!
Oh this project is coming along very nicely! :) New DTR sidings, bunch of new props and Bits. Really nice work!
Thanks for making them!

- Tyberius

PaPa-J

I haven't commented a lot lately but, I must say what you're doing is wonderful.  I spent the day the other day downloading all the new stuff.  I love it all.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

CT14

Hey, that's great! Thanks for making it.  &apls

Here's an image of something I'm working on with the set: the Ogilvie mills. The left side of the picture is almost a perfect match for the prototype, including the trickiest parts - the sidings through the dump shed and past the silo at left, and between the flour storage buildings in center.

Historical map I'm using to recreate it: https://i.imgur.com/a4UBGV9.jpg

However, I had trouble finding a way to get the siding on the right side of the picture to hug the flour storage building's wall more closely (large metal building with white roof in center). The real layout has a more compact switch arrangement in that area. I also couldn't find a way to make the main line at bottom of the picture be a DTR. I'm sure this is a PEBKAC issue.  ::)

matias93

Now this is something that matches the size and timescale of my region, cool!!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi, PapaJ, CT14 and matias93

@CT14 According to the designs you provided, the bottom rail line is an STR, not a DTR.
Also in order to comply with the rail curves on those designs, it looks like your lot will have to be at least 3 tiles wider.
I can easily make the rails texture but you must decide on the size of the lot. Furthermore, these textures are not basic tiles, I can't just create a random layout to suit every possible rail angle, it will have to be a custom layout specific to the lot.

The rail scheme will be dictated by the base texture. If you are going to use a concrete/asphalt base, then the best way to do this is with no ballast and ties. However if you are using a dirt texture then you can use the regular rail/ties/ballast scheme.
If you learn how to use Photoshop it can be very easy to create custom textures. Most of my lots are made with tailored base and rail textures.

Simmer2

CT14

My impression was that Point Douglas Ave was a triple-track line, but it certainly doesn't matter too much for the lot - I'm happy with STR on the lower tile. I'll probably be sticking with RRW/dirt for this one - it's just a little bit old for no-ballast.

I agree on lot width and will widen the lot by a few more tiles. There's not much going on on the lower right area in the prototype, so I plan to squeeze the spurs into the smallest possible space. There will be another lot for the east side of the prototype, same width as this one.

Thanks for dealing with our crazy ideas, and all the work on the overlay textures!

Simmer2

@CT14, once you have a viable lot send me a copy and I will see what I can do.

In the mean time I was strolling about in one of my maps and took a picture...

Simmer2

Simmer2

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!