• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

Sorry if already asked, but there's a problem with dragged L1 Roads over L0 HSR: When I drive an automata, the vehicle stops at the overpass and the route is blocked even for in game traffic, but the paths are OK.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

mgb204

Quote from: wurze on November 21, 2014, 08:48:49 AM
However a simple re-boot was all that was needed...

It's a cliché, but you'd be surprised how many things can actually be resolved with a reboot  :).

Kira

I have a problem trying to install NAM,im using the steam simcity deluxe version .641 copy.when i try to install it the installer would crash just as i am about to allow it to install.

im running a japanese version of windows 7 however simcity is a US copy(apparently steam japan does not provide a japanese copy)if that helps,also ive read all over the place that the issue could be caused by the fact the NAM installer searches where simcity would normally be installed by a CD copy and not where steam installs it.

to that end i tried to disseminate the main exe file and manually install but im not sure what goes where so ive stopped that.

some help and advice would be appreciated

microwavables

Does anybody know if it's possible to have TuLEPs appear with Euro road textures? I'm just getting the double-yellow (see image attached.) I've reinstalled NAM several times, and even cleaned out my Plugins folder trying to make it happen, and I know I've seen other users with Euro textured TuLEPs.. I've got the Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod and have EU_TuLEPs.dat, EU_UK TuLEPs.dat, and US_TuLEPs.dat installed under Plugins>z___NAM>TuLEPs.

Any ideas?

Durfsurn

I would guess it's the sidewalk override you are using but I am not completely sure.

-Billy

compdude787

You need to remove the US_TuLEPs file from your plugins folder. It's overriding the EU_TuLEPs file because 'U' comes after 'E,' and that's what the game is loading last.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

microwavables

Quote from: Durfsurn on November 30, 2014, 09:03:11 PM
I would guess it's the sidewalk override you are using but I am not completely sure.

-Billy

Thanks for your reply. It looks like it was a loading order matter. I reorganized all the mods so they loaded after the NAM and that fixed it. This was driving me mad for months, and such a simple fix!

Quote from: compdude787 on November 30, 2014, 10:05:02 PM
You need to remove the US_TuLEPs file from your plugins folder. It's overriding the EU_TuLEPs file because 'U' comes after 'E,' and that's what the game is loading last.

I assumed US_TuLEPs was referring to RHD, which is what I'm using. I'll try this if I have future issues. Thanks!

compdude787

Quote from: microwavables on November 30, 2014, 10:08:16 PM
I assumed US_TuLEPs was referring to RHD, which is what I'm using. I'll try this if I have future issues. Thanks!

Well, actually, whether the game is LHD or RHD is based on the locality you selected when you installed the game, so there's nothing in the NAM that has anything to do with whether or not cars drive on the left or the right side of the road in SC4.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

builder

Hello,

There seems to be an issue with the region legend view. I have the NAM legend chart with the new colors, but the roads in my region sometimes show up black and sometimes show up gray. How come? I don't have anything else in my plugins that would conflict with that, and everything else works just fine, I think. It's just a graphical bug it seems like and it doesn't detract from the gameplay much, but curiosity got the best of me!

Thanks in advance!

mgb204

Quote from: microwavables on November 30, 2014, 05:43:34 PM
Does anybody know if it's possible to have TuLEPs appear with Euro road textures?

I know you've fixed the problem now, but nothing in the NAM was causing the issue, since the NAM TULEP's do not come with any other sidewalks except for the Maxis White ones. I'm guessing you've installed Magneto's SLA mod, if that is the case you need to remove all the US files, since they are duplicates of the EU ones with US textures they are surplus to requirements.

Quote from: builder on December 11, 2014, 04:12:48 AM
There seems to be an issue with the region legend view.

This is something to do with adding RHW support, it's just something you'll have to live with I believe.

APSMS

@builder: I believe you'll find that the readme holds the answer. IIRC, you have to open the data view at least once in every city each time you play for the region transit map to save properly. Hope this helps.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tropod

Quote from: APSMS on December 11, 2014, 09:02:23 AM
@builder: I believe you'll find that the readme holds the answer. IIRC, you have to open the data view at least once in every city each time you play for the region transit map to save properly. Hope this helps.

On top of this; players need to make sure when you're saving not to tab out or away or take focus away from the game as doing so can also cause problems.

APSMS

Quote from: Tropod on December 11, 2014, 11:37:20 AM
On top of this; players need to make sure when you're saving not to tab out or away or take focus away from the game as doing so can also cause problems.

This is true, though slightly unrelated since the problem there manifests as a completely blank city tile, not a screwed up transit region view. When that happens (unfocusing during saves), the result is far more obvious/less subtle.

builder

Don't worry, I don't tab out when the game saves, I wouldn't dare do that!  :P

Would I have to see the data views every time I save to region?

APSMS

I think so. I usually use the data views at least once when having a building session, so I can't really say for certain.

I'm pretty sure that you can just open them once, and then save (save early, save often!). I think after the first time, it doesn't matter if you open it up for future saves as long as you don't exit the city. I usually find the traffic data view to be the go to, especially if you're forgetting to do this, since at least that data view is relevant to your problem (but it doesn't need to be that particular view; it can be any view--fire, prop. value, etc.).

builder

Okay, I will take it into account.

I have a much bigger issue now  :(

It seems my trains are not working. And no, I'm not saying that my population count is so low my trains are not being used. No, I've looked at the traffic data view, and every road comes up as either green, or any of the other usual colors, but the rail tracks are not registered at all. When I looked at the volume chart, the roads turned into the usual colors of blue and so forth, but the train tracks did not even register at all. Not even as blue-gray (the lowest shade indicating volume). I'm concerned something serious has happened.

I asked a question in the VDK customer support thread about me not being able to drive u-drive-it missions with trains, that whenever the counter hit 1, the mission aborted and I got a failed mission. I got a reply about spawner lots, and after checking out what a spawner lot is, I can confirm that I do not have any of those.

So honestly, please halp! Never experienced this issue before.

There's also this other interesting and odd thing I've found. Two adjacent city-tiles have a road leading out to the east of it's city tiles, and both are pure red from congestion. So I checked where the traffic goes by going into those adjacent city tiles to the east, and found out that they go in a circle. Even despite the fact that the two city tiles the traffic is coming from has multiple roads connecting them (they're basically two parts of a bigger town), there's lots of traffic taking a long route around. And there's nothing where that road traffic goes other than farms, and a little bit of houses. No major industrial areas or nothing.

And the mystery continues!

The road is packed with pedestrians! And it's a long walk through farmland they're taking. I mean what the duck? Sure there's some cars, but pedestrians and buses take up most of the traffic volume going through on that road...

There is also the fact that the road leading from the residential area to the big industrial area in north-western city tile have totally fine traffic! The road shows up in green colors, not even close to the amount that would be expected.

Writing now, I remember ticking the box with park-and-ride in the traffic simulator configuration tool. However, I have ample parking (that is not used, also what the duck) and bus stops, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Tarkus

Quote from: builder on December 18, 2014, 12:57:01 AM
Writing now, I remember ticking the box with park-and-ride in the traffic simulator configuration tool. However, I have ample parking (that is not used, also what the duck) and bus stops, so this shouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like that's still a large part of the issue.  The matter isn't ample parking (day and night) so much as it is parking in the right places.  Otherwise, they will walk prolifically.

As far as the trains go, turn on DrawPaths.  The types of issues you're reporting sound as if there are no paths on your rails.  This is an issue that used to occur when LHD users didn't install the LHD plugin, but those issues were addressed with the changes we made to the installer.

I'd reinstall the NAM.

-Alex

builder

Checked for LHD plugin, and I got that. Turned the DrawPaths on, and saw that only the wide curves and road rail-overpasses as well as normal road that passes over rail have the lines and arrows on top of the rail tracks.

Every piece of road has everything in order.

I looked at the RAM and RRW plugin folders, and they didn't look wrong. I can't really remember if when installing the NAM, you get both the RAM and RRW? If so, then everything should be fine, but maybe I installed a RHD plugin or something like that for the rails in SC4? I might check that tomorrow. Right now I'm sleeeepy!

builder

Quote from: Tarkus on December 18, 2014, 05:10:01 PM
There had been some LHD problems with the RRW previously.  See this post.

-Alex

I put the downloadable file in the documents/simcity4/plugins/NetworkAddonMod/RealRailway

Or should I put it in the plugins folder as it is a file with a z in front?