• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deora

Hm,now in comparison with the older version i think it was good to change road texture a bit.
Now it looks perfect and the transition to the standart Maxis Road Texture looks much better now.
Love the darker wheel tracks on the concrete &apls :thumbsup:

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad the textures are unanimously well-liked! Just to clarify though, I will indeed be making a set of tunnel entrance models, it was only question of if I should make that set of models in multiple texture sets. Seeing as this current texture fills the gap between  new and grunge well, and that it is quite time-consuming to re-texture and re-render, I'll stick with the current iteration for now.

Sim.Rico

Hi "His Bipiness"!  The Bipin Monuments are still undergoing restoration in my cities!  Cant wait to check out your tunnel systems , things are growing to where these can be very useful in my city.  Hope all is well and love the Bipin Blog here on SC4D!

vinlabsc3k

Great models Bipin!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is the retaining walls abandoned or in progress? ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

sim_link

Looking great, Bipin! The new textures like others have said are great. Solidly realistic and perfect in urban and urban/suburban settings. Look forward to playing with them. ;D

newsimaddict

I've been reading this entire thread and so far am blown away by what's been made here! Awesome stuff.
Can't wait to play with these once released.

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

duferraz

Bipin, the realism is incredible. Congrats!!

&apls &apls &apls

Your concrete wall link is broken. Please, you can re-up this?
https://rapidshare.com/files/1161799418/Bipin_concrete_wall_TEST.zip

Thanks!

figui

i'm not saying anything new here, but i must say that your work is great!

looking forward to the time all this wonderful work is released...
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Bipin

Sorry folks that it's been a while since I've posted here, but a lot has happened since then and I've been quite busy. Namely, I lost a lot of .max files (not the final models, those are okay). This all transpired from an issue with 3dsmax that Autodesk support failed to help me out with correctly. Long story short, a few more files got deleted than I or they had anticipated while following their instructions. I lost a lot of textures and many .max models. Fortunately, I didn't have that many projects on the go, but the real problem is reinstalling 3dsMax and creating whole new texture libraries (although its about time I update them anyways).

Shark7

Good luck, never fun to deal with tech issues like that.  ()sad()

Bipin

HOLY GUACAMOLE! Excuse my excitement, but I was able to recover most if not all the files off a flash drive by using some software I have for restoring deleted photos off of SD cards and thumb drives.  Apparently it works for more than just recovering the unflattering photos you took of the [insert despotic regime name] leader on your summer holidays. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Back to BATing! Woo hoo!  ;D

Shark7

Quote from: Bipin on December 28, 2014, 05:55:27 PM
HOLY GUACAMOLE! Excuse my excitement, but I was able to recover most if not all the files off a flash drive by using some software I have for restoring deleted photos off of SD cards and thumb drives.  Apparently it works for more than just recovering the unflattering photos you took of the [insert despotic regime name] leader on your summer holidays. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Back to BATing! Woo hoo!  ;D

Of course this also goes to show that nothing you delete is ever truly deleted.   ???

All the same, its good to hear you were able to recover the files, that will save you a ton of work.  ;)

Kergelen

Great news!! Would have been a shame you lost such nice BATs.
Have a good return to BATing :)

Links to SC4 websites

APSMS

Wonderful news!

Hopefully you'll have some more stuff to share with us soon, but in the meantime it's nice to know that a bunch of stuff was saved, and you won't have to go through the grind of recreating it.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it. Just before I lost everything I was planning on rendering the final version of my FLUPs. That'll be the most urgent order of business. They were so close to being finished; now all I have to do is install a new copy of 3dsmax. In regards to that, I could use some help with updating the fresh, empty libraries of the new version of Max with my old textures and whatnot.

vinlabsc3k

Great news!!  &dance &dance &dance
Even for me these days were disastrous, the HD of my iMac mid 2007 died, but after Xmas I was able to fix it myself. :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

romualdillo

Great news!!!! I hope you'll be showing your BAts soon!!!

Bipin

I finally got 3dsMax 2012 back up and running. All I need to do is update the libraries with my old materials and reinstall BAT4MAX. Hopefully everything runs smoothly. In any case, rendering this will be the first order of business:

UPDATE: So I had installed Max, but it doesn't seem to be running properly. I installed the hotfixes, but I still get several errors upon opening the application, as well as after rendering.

First error:

Second error:

Max then loads properly, but I get an error immediately after a render finishes. This is seen in the third picture.

The good news though is that all my models are there as well as all the materials; each and ever one of 'em!  ;D

Despite these setbacks, I couldn't be happier with having all that work back. Besides all my cameras and negatives, my 3D files are on the shortlist of things I'd want to take out of a burning building, so to speak. I'd be devastated to lose those items! Thanks for the support everyone!  &apls On a side note, I'd be extremely grateful for anyone who would be willing to render my FLUPs model. It is all set up for a final render; that's all there's left to do with it! If you wish to check it out (please don't redistribute it of course) feel free to download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18TZfo7TG3QTG5SeEoxeVl3ZVE/view?usp=sharing

Bipin

Sorry for the double post, but I just can't help it. I'm excited to report that I was able to successfully render the FLUP BAT which has been months in the making and dangling off the cliff of being permanently lost forever!

Unfortunately, changing the install to the root did not solve any issues. However, disabling UAC fixed some of them and allowed me to install BAT4MAX.

I'm still having issues within Max, as if some files are corrupted (I have already repaired the installation of the program). Thank you for the help though, I've got this far and at the most fundamental level everything functions.

The question now is whether you'd like this FLUP model released on its own, or wait for me to release another, complementary model or two in a package. That was the original plan, which I'd like to follow, although on the other hand I just want to get these things out there!   :thumbsup: