• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

I did not know John, but this is sad news nonetheless.

Condolences to his family.

If it is not inappropriate, are we aware of the cause of death? Anyways, having perused his CJ, his contributions as a CJer are immense and I can only hope his family is doing okay right now in his absence.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

John was truly a legend in this community, and he will be sorely missed.  He did amazing things with Anduin Valley, and was really an all-around upstanding guy who really contributed to the fabric of both SC4D and ST over the years.  Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra--rest in peace.

-Alex

mrbisonm

Sorry to hear this about "Darmok". Anduin Valley is a real legend CJ to me, one of the better "Older Ones".

Glad to see you again also, David. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Tarkus on September 23, 2014, 12:12:44 AM
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra--rest in peace.

-Alex
Shaka, when the walls fell.

Requiescat in pace, John. :(

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pat

It truly does bite that we have lost a great Legend John Redmond AkA Darmok will be missed for sure as I know I loved Anduin Valley, Waterfalls was inspired name from John

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

I am so sorry to hear that news, David. I hope his family and friends are doing ok. And I hope you are well, also!

Sim.Rico

Wow, I just taken a walk down memory lane back to 2005 - scrolling my way back to the future and can see how dedicated He was to SC4D and to his diaries!  Its like we get to visit with him through his work! He's left a great gift in the content, i hope something special is planned in his memory

I like the Bens top 10's , maybe he could hold a timecapsule special?

catty

Sim.Rico that's a really nice idea    &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

benedict

This is such sad news, Darmok was a wonderful online friend to me at Simtropolis. He was an extraordinary CJ creator, winning the best CJ award two years running, an achievement that stands alone. He will be missed by many.

I run a 'Time Machine' Ben's Top Ten which is currently looking at 2006 CJs over at Simtropolis. The latest update shows Anduin River Valley at number 2 (week ending 17 August 2006).

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/52552-btt-time-machine-top-cjs-from-2006/?p=1515386

I will make a special dedication when I next update the thread.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

abcvs

Quote from: abcvs on May 19, 2012, 01:01:18 AM
Just checking in again...  hope everyone is well!

Hello my name is abcvs, and it has been 520,670 views since my last visit.

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

art128

Oh! Great to see the machine is back on track. Would be even better to see it revived over here too... :)

hehe, my post number is palindromic... nice.  $%Grinno$%
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

I second with Art should be reprived here as well but hey great to see postings again of the best of the best CJ/MD, Love you David your my hero!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a heightmap directly from a SC4 city tile?  If I once did, I've forgotten.

I've just noticed that a 2 gamesquare x 2 gamesquare Cities: Skylines map is the same size- 4km x 4km/2.5 miles x 2.5 miles- as a 3RR quad (in other words, a large city tile).  No promises, but I have the outlines of a idea forming in my mind.

I know, I know.  I've gone over to the dark side.

But it's so pretty over there.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

vortext

Heightmap as in a greyscale png? If so the Terraformer can export those.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

dedgren

Can the Terraformer run in Win 10 though, Erik?  And if it does, can it be used to reverse engineer an already output city tile?  I used the Terraformer to create the SC4 quads in the first place, but that was way back when- 9 years or so ago.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

vortext

Not sure if it'll run on Win10, I think it will though as there haven't been any issues reported so far. But yeah, open the region in terraformer and under 'global tools' you'll find an export button. It's set to export as SC4M file by default so change it to png. Depending on the size of the region it may take a while before the file is generated.   
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

dedgren

Thanks.  Although, if I was going to redo 3RR or some part of it in Cities: Skylines maps, I might be better off starting on a clean slate, as all game water features in SC4 are at "sea" level and I'd be working with water "flowing downhill" in C:S.  It raises interesting questions.  I'm going to think on it some more, but let's consider this the start of the conversation.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mrbisonm

What???? After so long you'll be back with 3RR?

I think I will have to dig out my "Winding River" then? lol. What a brilliant idea!!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

dedgren

Well, lookie what I found.

Man, that was what was underneath 3RR?  I think a more sophisticated do-over is probably called for.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...