• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Game Freezes

Started by jafmo, May 24, 2011, 03:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jafmo

After a long time playing SC4 I've finally started to use DatPacker.

It's a very useful tool but now i came across a problem.

When scrolling through my "Water" menu, the game will lock up and becomes unresponsive. It always stops in the SNM Water Supply. 

Does anyone have an idea about what's going on?

Thanks

JoeST

Does this not happen if you do not datpack?

RandomTheory: It may be you have something that overwrites something that SNM Water Supply uses?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jafmo

It didn't happen before i used Datpacker. I used that lot many times without any problem.

jmyers2043

Dat packer might have caused a corruption of that particular water lot. Have you tried to dat pack again? You can also try to temporarily take the water stuff from your plugins and then do the pack. Putting the water things back in your plugins for game play.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

jafmo

I already tried to datpack again but the same thing happened. But i will try your idea.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

JoeST

Did you make sure to delete the old files generated by datpacker, rather than just overwrite them, and did you move the unpacked files from your plugin folder?

(I'm sorry if this sounds condescending, just making sure we know what's happening)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jafmo

Hi Joe

Don't worry about that.

I moved all the files packed out from the plugins. I just leaved the compressed ones.

I will try to Datpack again without the SNM water suply lot and see if the problem continues.

Thanks very much for the reply.