• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

It's totally possible to create overrides for pretty much any of the canal/water systems that include both a canal edge 1x1 piece and a 1x1 water piece. To see this in action, I'd check out Moonlights CAN-AM compatible Canal system.

However, there are two problems with including such additions into the NAM installer. The first one is simply that we may need permission to re-use resources from those canal/water sets. In many cases these may simply be unavailable or the creator is no longer around to ask. The second one is that CAN-AM has never really been very popular, so after the original release, there was no further development of this mod. I think in some part that this is related to the limitation of using perfectly flat land to make canals.

In any case, I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes to happen. NAM 35 should extend support to both the MHO and Moonlights El-Rail for the first time, but that's the most development it's seen since it's inception.

Those custom FLUPs pieces are probably your best solution by the sounds of things. There are 6 of them you can customise, in this case you'd need to use a T21 to place the canal/waterway models onto the requisite FLUP.

Tarkus

Imminent . . .

It's now in the hands of the NAM Team and Associates.

-Alex

_Michael

Ooh! I'm getting excited now!

gn_leugim

Silur

Good luck with Your work NAM 35 :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k

Great news!!
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

dyoungyn

Ditto  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls  Only hope that the NAM35 Alpha NAM Team works out the unknown bugs before official release which I hope will be seamless. :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Awesome!  Thank you very much, for all of your huge work &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

superfrenchtoast2

I was wondering if i could make some cosmetic pieces for the network widening mod and how i would go about getting the required files to do so.

Jack_wilds

will there be a NAM v35 beta public release?...  %confuso

will nam day be on the beta release day or on hold for the official full public release...  ???

and then, to celebrate nam day if there are any batters and lotters with a project to offer would be great...   :)

:satisfied:

Tarkus

Quote from: superfrenchtoast2 on October 23, 2016, 11:46:19 PM
I was wondering if i could make some cosmetic pieces for the network widening mod and how i would go about getting the required files to do so.

The base ortho textures for all the NWM networks can be found attached here.  That would at least get you started on the texture side.  Cosmetic piece implementation is somewhat in the air at the moment, as we have been steadily moving away from static puzzle pieces, though with the large number of cosmetic setups that were created on the RHW side, it may be the one holdout.  The process of making static puzzle pieces is detailed here, though unfortunately, the rather handy webtools that the tutorial links to are no longer available.

Quote from: Jack_wilds on October 24, 2016, 05:32:21 PM
will there be a NAM v35 beta public release?...  %confuso

will nam day be on the beta release day or on hold for the official full public release...  ???

and then, to celebrate nam day if there are any batters and lotters with a project to offer would be great...   :)

:satisfied:

The plan at the moment is to skip having a "pre-release" and just go for the full release, though that is not set in stone.  It will ultimately depend on how testing goes.  Technically, the NAM is always at least partially in a "beta" state, as we're always improving and adding to it.

-Alex

mgb204

To my knowledge, there are no plans for a public beta. Hopefully the team will not encounter any major problems and we'll be able to bring the release to everyone shortly.

Quote from: superfrenchtoast2 on October 23, 2016, 11:46:19 PM

It might be helpful if you start a new thread under the NAM forum, showcasing your ideas and any progress. That would give us the chance to see exactly what you had in mind and provide some advice. A lot of tutorials exist to explain common tasks, but in the first instance if you can explain you ideas in more detail, we can target any advice better.

As for including such mods in the NAM, which would be necessary to distribute them. That's certainly a possibility, but really depends on how far you can get with things.

druidlove

:thumbsup: &apls Yea! I've been reading, though school takes up more time lately. I can't wait till NAM 35 comes out.

eggman121

Now that NAM 35 is out it is time to look further afield...

https://www.youtube.com/v/vvAvHZSrdik

Still a bit of work to do but Current testing shows that the code base is pretty stable

Hope you enjoy!

-eggman121

Seaman

hurray!! Secret weapons are back! I loved the teasers for NAM 33 (I'm still wondering what the mystery feature actually is ()what()). Keep it up, eggman121!!

and diagonal ramps! Thats going to bring a lot of new interchanges to the realm of feasibility. awesome!  :bnn:

you have me on the edge of my seat since Feb 2016 ;D
Quote from: eggman121 on February 25, 2016, 04:56:21 PM
Spot the new Piece  ::)

[...]

-eggman121

mgb204

Quote from: Seaman on February 02, 2017, 03:30:26 PM
I'm still wondering what the mystery feature actually is ()what()).

RHW Disconnector :)

The other thing those videos hinted at, which sadly has yet to materialise is the drag width/height transitions.

JoeST

that is incredible!!! thank you for sharing your progress. my jaw just dropped I am ...wow
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Wiimeiser

I've noticed that Draggable Elevated Avenue glitches up if you drag it into elevated RHW or MHW. How easy would it be to fix this? I assume for the L2 Avenue Viaduct to Elevated Highway without the override you can just reuse the model of the existing static puzzle piece, though said puzzle piece is visually broken with the MHO installed.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

mgb204

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 28, 2017, 07:30:36 PM
I've noticed that Draggable Elevated Avenue glitches up if you drag it into elevated RHW or MHW. How easy would it be to fix this? I assume for the L2 Avenue Viaduct to Elevated Highway without the override you can just reuse the model of the existing static puzzle piece, though said puzzle piece is visually broken with the MHO installed.

Probably just a case of adding the necessary code, but less simple for the L1 variant, although I'm guessing most of the original model is probably good for re-using there too.

For the "broken" piece, which is actually just missing a texture, I uploaded a patch (ST). It was working but I overhauled the MHO files completely for NAM 35 and this one texture got missed for US users only (the EU variant works).