• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Something for the NAM team to scratch its head over . . .

Started by Pythias900KMB, June 26, 2018, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, everybody!  I came upon something rather annoying earlier today as indicated by the first screen capture you see here.  The only way that I could build the pictured Avenue viaduct is if I revise the nearby Ankh Interchange after visiting unto the rail line a below-ground alignment (that I would then have to continue in the next city which may or may not have the necessary funds!!!); put another way, the viaduct would look something like the second screen capture.  I would like for the NAM Team to look into this and see if there is some way to get across to SC4D that it is to carry out my orders about how I want the viaduct/interchange built and that I care nothing for its opinions or objections.

Seaman

hello Pythias

I'm not really sure wether I understood correctly, what you are planning, but at first glance this setup works for me:

If my suggestion does not suit you, feel free to respond and I am happy to find another setup.

Quote from: Pythias900KMB on June 26, 2018, 10:08:46 PM
I would like for the NAM Team to look into this and see if there is some way to get across to SC4D that it is to carry out my orders about how I want the viaduct/interchange built and that I care nothing for its opinions or objections.

ehh... I am not sure what you are trying to say. If you are using a translation software, this might be an unfortunate translation. If I would take it literally, I would feel offended and would assure you, that this is not to be tolerated here on SC4D.  ()what()

Pythias900KMB

Seaman . . .

I was trying to make a draggable Avenue viaduct -- and would have if not for the game's refusal to allow a grade crossing at proximity to a viaduct.  I am wondering if this is a bug in the NAM that could be addressed.  The avenue viaduct I had to abort has a residential neighborhood at its southern terminus that I would have loved to have kept.

Given how the NAM's recalcitrance, the only way that I would have been able to complete the crossing is to have placed the railway in a 15 meter deep trench -- aka same grade as the highway -- and then to raise the terminating north-south highway at least one elevation level.  It is the SimCity 4 Deluxe game that is arousing my frustration, not the SimCity 4 Devotion community.

mgb204

But Seaman has already shown you that such a setup is supported, so why is it not working? Best guess, the land isn't flat enough and the game simply can't terraform it because of all the stubs around that lock in the terrain. Remove all surrounding stubs, then drag the rail, I bet that would then work.