• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RRW QUESTION

Started by 0715463494, June 26, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all.I have maybe a stupid question about the rrw puzzle pieces.Why does the pieces not all have the same texture like the rail line itself?Did i install something wrong or what?

eggman121

Looks like you are missing some RRW FSHs for the Legacy Puzzle Pieces

Check to see if you have this file.

NetworkAddonMod_WideRadiusCurves_RRW.dat

If this is installed and you are still having issues a reinstall may be needed.

-eggman121

Hi all,thanks for the advice.Found the problem after a whole lot of soul searching, $%Grinno$%.Very happy now :bnn:

huzman

0715463494: "Found the problem..." Or the answer.
Mind sharing? I have a similar problem but with grass in all the transportation routes, I mean ALL.
Thanks in advance,

-h
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Hi,how do you mean grass????Send a picture please,so i can understand ;) ;)

Seaman

@huzman:
I am not really qualified in this, but tinkering with grass on all transportation networks reminds me of MGB204's Terrain Grass NAM (TGN) or No Grass NAM (NGT) mod. Is there the possibility that you have it recently installed and mixed something up there?

mgb204

None of my mods affect RRW in this manner, it actually sounds like one of the base texture mods included in Rivit's RUM for RRW.

Tyberius06

Yepp, rivit's mod can give your railway network grass or other pavements, but that mod shouldn't affect on other networks. Robin's NGN (No Grass NAM) mod defenetly won't give any grass texture, I'm using that mod since it's out.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mgb204

I think a screenshot would really help here. To be clear, Rivit's mod only adds grass under zoned sections of RRW. So if it's all networks affected, then that's probably not it. But then again, grass is a part of most networks, unless a mod is used to remove it, so thinking about it now, I'm more confused not less.

Perhaps you previously had a No Grass mod (such as NGN), but it's being overridden or otherwise no longer showing?

huzman

oh dear! I seem to have opened a can of worms... ()what()
As far I  can understand the answers, most screenshots (not mine) I seen here at SC4D, a lot of them, have a grass tile next to rail or any route.
But I have to munch and check my own on this and I promise some pix.
Thanks you all, tho.

-h
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

huzman

All right folks... It looks like I expressed myself backwards.
I do not have any grass/nograss lots. But I'm looking for them since I see them in other peoples' posts.
I mainly interested in hiding those saw teeth in diagonal and curved routes.

I will check Rivit's mod, Robin's NGN (I may not want that), and mgb204's are definitely worth looking for. First I have to find all three of them.

The first screenshot is Saitama by kelis and it shows quite a variety of vegetation and that's the way I want to go.
The second pic is from me and it shows a few problems: the two different dirt trails, the default street not turning into a trail, the red 90° turn, and the road used as a blocker.

I hope this will give you a better idea of what I'm after. And Thanks a bunch for your opinions a tips.
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

art128

You didn't post any screenshots, though. ;D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

huzman

art128: man, you are quick! You are right, I did forget to upload the pix.
Just corrected that hick... &ops
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Tyberius06

1) Robin-mgb204-rsc204 all of them the same person :) He has quite a few mods related with custom sidewalk textures.
2) on Kelis's picture those are not texture MODs, rather MMPs and custom base textures for lots (on the HSR slope around the tracks), but I don't know about those lots, you may want to ask Kelis about them.
3) Rivit's mod won't affect on the HSR lines, it's working with RRW only.
4) the mess with your dirt streets is defenetly a mess in your plugin folder around the different texture mods. I know it because I had similiar problems a few months ago, MGB204 helped me to clean most of my confliting network mods.
I don't have the knowladge it explain what and where could go wrong, but things are just overriting each other in your plugin folder...

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

huzman

Thanks Tyberius06!
1) Robin (and all): I'm looking for them.
2) I'm contacting Kelis
3) Glad about Rivit's mod. That's what I want: RRW only
4) You mean several different textures trying to do the same thing simultaneously? That is worth looking into.

You are full of good tips. Again merci
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

huzman

Folks, just a quick update.
Tyberius: Your post about my plugins mess was very good. I got rid of two or three rural/dirt roads and I kept the SAM mod. It improved considerably. But it hasn't worked with WRC (whatever they are called) and related things, including KFC :D).
I'm working on a picture, trying as many dirt roads on it, but I haven't had the time to them all.
One thing I did notice was that the SAM starters didn't have their equivalent on the Stop xxx.street. Had to revert to a road tile or two.
But, hey we are making progress! At my local SOUP I was considered MVP!

-h
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Hi all,i was wondering if there was a way to change the rrw texture,it seems i can find no mod to change it &Thk/(.If someone know of something,please give a solution.

Simmer2

Quote from: 0715463494 on July 12, 2018, 07:28:20 AM
Hi all,i was wondering if there was a way to change the rrw texture,it seems i can find no mod to change it &Thk/(.If someone know of something,please give a solution.

Hello  0715463494

If you mean change it from the Maxis vanilla to RRW then you would need to install the latest version of the NAM and choose the RRW option.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry,maybe i explained incorrectly,i installed the rrw network,no problem with that.I want to change the skin of the rrw network from brownish to something else,is it possible?

Simmer2

Quote from: 0715463494 on July 12, 2018, 08:18:38 AM
Sorry,maybe i explained incorrectly,i installed the rrw network,no problem with that.I want to change the skin of the rrw network from brownish to something else,is it possible?

I see. I think you are referring to the Reskin project.

It should be available with the next NAM iteration but nothing is set on stone. Therefore you will have to wait and see how it develops.
What you have seen on some pics is just a beta version.

I hope that answers your question.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________