• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

German region themed buildings

Started by geiger.drews, February 17, 2018, 10:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geiger.drews

Hi,

I'm starting a German-themed region and I was wondering if anyone had a recommended list of downloadable content for this region.  I will have a mixture of rural towns, suburbs, historical-style towns, and modern cities.  I have only downloaded the NAM, haven't downloaded anything else at this point.  I'm just getting back into SC4 after a hiatus of about 8 years, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tarkus

First off, geiger.drews, welcome to SC4 Devotion! :thumbsup:

The old SimForum.de BAT Team--better known as the SFBT--has released a large quantity of really well-done German buildings over the past decade-and-a-half.  Most (if not all) of their buildings and lots up here on our LEX are uploaded under Andreas' account, and can be found here.  Alternatively, there's a full-on German language release of them at SimCityKurier, the exchange for SimCityPlaza.de.

There are some other creators out there as well, but the SFBT stuff is a really excellent place to begin your dive back into SC4 custom content.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

Andreas

Tarkus already mentioned the largest sources of German-themed stuff, and I'm sure you can find some more items either at Simtropolis or SC4D, such as many timber-framed houses by xannepan, various German landmarks by debussyman, and some prolific BATters like mattb325 also released some German-themed downloads lately.
Andreas

Glenni

Odd from Sweden made a few good ones, Erdmoebel has a few.

There are also a few wall to wall buildings by Ferox from Poland, ok, these are not german, but they fit well in German cities. 

geiger.drews

Thank you, all!  Andreas, you are a talented man!  Those are some great buildings.  Thanks for the suggestions for all!  Would you guys recommend that I download the CAM with these building sets?

Andreas

Thanks for the compliments; it's not just my work, but the work of various other SFBT members as well. :) The CAM probably won't hurt any of our lots, but they were not made specifically for it, hence the benefits would be very limited, since no SFBT lot exceeds the default Maxis stages.
Andreas

geiger.drews

Andreas, do you have a collection of your buildings that I can download, or do I need to download each individually?

Andreas

There is no collection download, so you'd have to get them one by one. Pick the ones you like best and make sure to read the included readme files about dependencies and such. Most downloads share the same set of dependencies, hence you'll have collected them all within a reasonable time (most likely, you got most of them already from playing in the past anyway).
Andreas

brick_mortimer

If you don't mind downloading some older BATs, Haaremmergold made a few German style buildings.
They're mostly for smaller cities and villages: https://community.simtropolis.com/profile/38724-haarlemmergold/content/?type=downloads_file

He also made a lot Dutch buildings, so even they might fit in a German city.

Have fun!
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good