• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Extract Images From Lot and Props To PNG Files for Viewing

Started by doug_w, January 15, 2018, 05:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug_w

Has anyone written a tool to extract the images out of lot and prop packs to either jpg or png format into a directory to be able to view them.

mgb204

Not directly as you request, but there are a few helpful resources:

• SC4 PIM will do this and show you a visual list of content loaded during startup in it's LE.
  • Prop Viewer by iLives can load a bunch of files and let you preview them. It's a little clunky though.
  • A guide of the most popular prop packs exists here, which is a useful reference point.

doug_w

doug_w

Does anyone have the file layout specifications for sc4lot and dat files. I would like to write a utility to extract images from these files and save them as png or jpg files

Andreas

wouanagaine once created a tool for that, the SC4LotInfosGenerator (see http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=86.0). It will read all lots in your plugins folder, extract the lot preview pic (if available), and writes the stats into a huge HTML table. Very useful tool, although it as a few quirks here and there. Unfortunately, the download link in that thread is broken. PM me with your e-mail address, then I can send a copy, or I'll upload it somewhere else.
Andreas

doug_w

Hi Andreas thanks for your reply. The link to download SC4LotInfosGenerator from, only brings up the FileDen web site.

Is there another place to download it from

Andreas

I'm not aware of other download links, so please drop me a PM as advised.
Andreas