• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cheats Not Working

Started by Marf, September 08, 2015, 01:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marf

I tried using the Moolah cheat but it would not work.

Any suggestions?

Pat

First make sure you have Buggi's Extra cheat mod installed, next hit control x to open the command window and finally here is the list if you need it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vortext

Also note about half the time the cheats simply won't work due to the dll not loading, because of some technicalities I forgot about. In that case restarting the game will most likely do the trick. An easy way to check is to hit ctrl-x and then right-click with the mouse: this will either bring forth the list of cheats, or it won't.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Marf

Thanks ill try those tomorrow

WNET13

mgb204

Quote from: vortext on September 08, 2015, 01:35:53 PM
Also note about half the time the cheats simply won't work due to the dll not loading, because of some technicalities I forgot about. In that case restarting the game will most likely do the trick. An easy way to check is to hit ctrl-x and then right-click with the mouse: this will either bring forth the list of cheats, or it won't.

I have found this is improved somewhat by placing the .dll file inside the plugins folder in Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins as opposed to the one in My Documents. Still not 100%, but it's much more reliable when placed there.

As for the cheat itself, assuming you can get the CTRL+X window to appear, it's just a case of making sure you've the exact syntax. i.e. for Moolah "Moolah 10000 (with a space)" if you want $10,000.

Yianni Ford

Umm... mine doesn't seem to work any which.

mgb204

First, both screenshots show the file located in the Documents\Plugins folder. As has been said in this thread, you should place it in the installation directory's plugins folder, the default is Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins.

However, I note also your screenshot shows a .zip file, you know you must extract the .dll file from inside this .zip file? It's that that needs to be in your plugins folder, not the .zip.