• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Unwanted weirdo retaining walls in park menu

Started by evarburg, January 31, 2018, 07:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evarburg

In this, our glorious era of Moar Stuff, we are trying, my companion mayor and I, to clean up our (un)damned menus. There are a few annoying items in the park menus that I can't trace back to their source and thus cannot eliminate.

They are named "retaining walls" in the L.E.

And they are quite thoroughly screwed up except two :

Those two do show up when plopped in game (one 1x1 tile)

The others plop nothing -- more accurately, they plop an invisible 1x1, since I must bulldoze it -- and for a good reason, since they all look like this in the L.E. : 

I naively tried to give them a corresponding texture, but it's not that they don't have a texture -- I think they have one, but it just ins't in anything I've got. Although I MUST have something since they show in the L.E., right ?

So I put this here, in the hope that someone will recognize either the textures themselves or their ID, and tell me what they might be so I can look for the source and  zap them out...

matias93

They are this ones
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31346-various-lot-foundations-and-retaining-walls/
And most surely you are lacking dependencies for a few of them. Check on the original file :)

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

evarburg

Yes, it's absolutely those, thank you !!!

But now my mind is blown, because I DLed the original, looked at the content, saw that there is a TestLot.dat whose lots "show up at the end of the park menu", yes ! "you can delete that file", yeeees ! and.... a search in my plugins folder show no such lots, or either of the two other dats.?????

()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what()

EDIT : they are a dependency -- the readme doesn't say of what bu I could infer that it is for MAS71 JPN walls. Which are not currently in my Work Plugins. Or my Game Plugins for that matter. Hence, I guess, The Bug. But that doesn't explain why, the files not being in my folder they still show up both in the L.E. and in-game. The only MAS71 stuff I have is Mas71PropPack Vol03.

()what() ()what() ()what() again.

Anyhoo. I've contacted the creator to ask for help in getting rid of the stuff. Wish me luck.

And a big THANK YOU to you, Matias93 -- once again !

art128

You can have lot files inside the .dat files.

I've found it to be often the case when i was myself cleaning every plugin to only keep what i used. I went inside dat files and deleted all i would not use. Sometime going from a 20mb .dat to a 1mb file.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Took a quick peek inside the files matias93 linked and none of the icons, nor descriptions match those shown in the picture. That'd go a long way explaining why the lots still are ingame as you were looking for the wrong thing. Guess it's back to square one.  &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

evarburg

Lots in dats.

Gh.

guess I have still a long way to go.

Thank you, sirs, much obliged !

EDIT : er, Vortext, when I put the original in my plugins and check my park menu, some of the icons DO correspond. When I open the .dats, none of the names or PNG correspond, indeed (except perhaps one. Or two.)

Quietly going bonkers, here. Especially as I don't seem to be able to find those damned files in my plugins Nothing correspond to the original names. I'm copy-pasting the names and the search comes up empty each time.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go hallfsies on that plugins folder...

evarburg

(doing halfsies on an almost empty plugins is not so bad...) Well, it had nothing to do with those Retaining walls. It was Villavivencio Textures - a dep for something I don't recall but that I will find, hopefully. I ceremoniously zapped it, and my companion just sprang up from the chair beside me (he was doing moral support during the halfsies process) growling : "I'm gonna kill it immediately."

Aaaah. There is something deeply satisfying in this. Thanks for your support, guys.