• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey Knox

Hi there

I just have a quick question about the 4GB Patch i found in the depths of my Folders  :)

Do i have to install this, or what is this all about?

Thx

Mike

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Imiona on March 15, 2015, 09:46:55 AM
Hi there

I just have a quick question about the 4GB Patch i found in the depths of my Folders  :)

Do i have to install this, or what is this all about?

Thx

Mike

It allows SimCity 4 to use more of your computer's RAM.  In its current state, the game doesn't handle the huge NAM controller very well with the limited memory it can use.

Not sure what you're finding in "the depths of your folders."  The patch is supposed to be installed when you install the NAM.  If it's this thing: http://community.simtropolis.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-659211-0-96176800-1426427070.png
that will uninstall the patch.  But that should only exist if you have a 32 bit OS.

rummtata

A quick question: I remember from previous versions that you're not supposed to use the DatPacker on the NAM plugin folder.

Has anything changed regarding that, or is it still inadvisable to datpack NAM?

Mikey Knox

Hey

I just wanted to know if there is a Cosmetic Plugin for the AVE-6, because it just looks a little boring. I watched Haljackeys Building a City series, and i noticed he got nice looking flowers in the middle of the Avenue, but i dont know where to find that.

Could someone tell me where to get it pls.

Thx

Apple Delight

Quote from: Imiona on March 21, 2015, 01:47:14 PM
Hey

I just wanted to know if there is a Cosmetic Plugin for the AVE-6, because it just looks a little boring. I watched Haljackeys Building a City series, and i noticed he got nice looking flowers in the middle of the Avenue, but i dont know where to find that.

Could someone tell me where to get it pls.

Thx

Found here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26790-maxis-styled-ave-6-median-pack/

roadgeek

I find that RHW-4 L3 and L4 don't play nice with FlexFly EMIS(15m). They work with 0m fine, albeit there is an annoying patch of blue grass, but I can live with that. Is the NAM team aware of this, and if so, will this be addressed in NAM33?

Tarkus

The existing 4x4 FLEXFly won't be getting any new functionality or fixes, and will be relegated to legacy status.  As revealed in the RHW thread, we're adding the new spec FLEXFly in NAM 33.  L3/L4 stuff is still probably the most finicky of all the levels, however.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on March 26, 2015, 11:52:35 AM
The existing 4x4 FLEXFly won't be getting any new functionality or fixes, and will be relegated to legacy status.  As revealed in the RHW thread, we're adding the new spec FLEXFly in NAM 33.  L3/L4 stuff is still probably the most finicky of all the levels, however.

-Alex

Thx for clearing that up.

sllcnda

I've been searching a post describing my symptom, but, to no avail, I could not find it. I succeeded in extracting "NetworkAddonMod Setup 32.exe", but when I ran the installation, it simply crashed in "Setup Type" phase. I attached the screenshot.

I am running Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition, patched with UPDATE_SKU1_TO_P1_B638.exe, without any other MOD installation. OS is Win7 x64.

Any help or pointer will be appreciated. Thank you!

Mikey Knox

I wanted to ask if there are really no FLUP's for NWM Roads? I searched google and i found an entry that it would be possible but its from 2010 so not very accurate.

Thx

compdude787

Well, that FLUP network as shown in that image would not be functional because there is no piece for the FLUP to go under the AVE-6. So, what is shown in that picture is pretty much just eyecandy.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

There is indeed no FLUP stuff relating to the NWM.  We still have a ton of crosslinks between NAM components that aren't covered yet, which is why we've basically frozen any plans that involve adding new networks.  FLUPs has also been long overdue to undergo an implementation change, and it's still going to be quite some time before we ever get to that.

-Alex

Mikey Knox

Thats really unfortunate, the NWM Mod is my favourite, but as you said, maybe in the Future FLUP's will will be possible.

Thx

j-dub

Just for this setup of a two lane tunnel under six lanes of traffic, why can't we just convert the above Ave-6 to the corresponding three tile wide 6 lane RHW? Granted you need more tile space for converting the avenue to do so, but I thought that's why the transitions to each other existed.  I mean, I thought that the last build of the RHW used to be automatically drawable to the Ave-6, and would somehow convert to it without starter pieces. I swear it used to behave like that, because I wouldn't be able to do certain stuff otherwise, and I know I'm not the only one whose converted to RHW in between NWM for similar setups.

mgb204

I do believe it is possible to convert to RHW 6-C for this, a suitable FLUP piece exists too, it's so stable without starters the whole transition including the FLUPs piece takes 3 tiles only.

esirvys

hi, i thought i would ask for help here - I have an issue where black squares appear across my region view sometimes. I have attached a screenshot.

The only reason I think it has anything to do wiith the nam is because it occurs after I save a city with the traffic view enabled, which Im deliberately doing to clear the issue where all my road networks appear as black colour in the region view (which I think was a NAM known issue ?). It appears the black marks are actually appearing in the city's which are direct neghbours to the city which I am saving.

im wondering if anyones encountered it, knows how to avoid it, or how to clear these marks from my region, as it seems once they appear there is no way of removing them.

APSMS

Data view has to be enabled once each time you load up the city for the regional transit view to work.

I would not recommend saving in Data view because of the aforementioned issue you're having. Have you tried saving again normally? This should clear out the problem and address the issue with the transit view not working.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

esirvys

yep I have tried saving it normally again, then also saving the adjoining cities also which are the ones with the black marks showing on them. Nothing I do seems to get rid of them, I have been having to revert to a backup of the region folder but obviously this causes me to lose the time i spent working on things.

what is the exact process to avoid the initial issue where the streets all appear black in region view ? if I can avoid that, then I can probably work around my issue.