• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Hello everybody,

It's finally the time for a real update   :)

10. LIMBOURG - AYWIERS

Aywiers (pronounced "a-wir") is a small village of the municipality of Limbourg, located on the Hogne valley and near the A14 motorway.

(You can click to see the next pictures in HD  ;) )

Hope you enjoyed it  :thumbsup:

REPLIES

Quote from: Gugu3 on March 09, 2015, 07:26:38 AM
It looks amazing!can't wait for thee next update :thumbsup:

Thank you very much  :)

Quote from: vester on March 09, 2015, 07:38:42 AM
Another beau-ti-ful update!  :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!

Quote from: benedict on March 14, 2015, 12:49:25 PM
The rail line looks amazing. So pleased you're back with a new update.

Thanks Ben. Hope you enjoyed this one  :thumbsup:

Quote from: belfastsocrates on March 15, 2015, 05:21:12 AM
Love that river scene, some fantastic MMP work. Very impressive overall as well, I'm surprised I hadn't commented in here before.

There is a first time for everything. Thank you.  ;)

Quote from: jeckyll on March 15, 2015, 06:43:34 AM
Yeah, moody country town. I wanna more  :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Here it is  ;D

romualdillo

Great pictures!! The village looks fantastic!  &apls

Gugu3

Great set of pictures :thumbsup:Always nice to have a look at your CJ

vortext

He's back!  :bnn:

Great landscape and quaint atmosphere.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

benedict

Yes, I do like this new update - the rail bridges in particular look amazing.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Fasan

An excellent landscape design!
:thumbsup:
These are simply stunning images.
As I look out for hours.
:popcorn:
WOW

feyss

Hi everybody,

Some pictures of the centre of Limbourg. Other pictures will come soon  ;)

11. LIMBOURG - OLD TOWN (1)

(click for real size)

Hope you like it  :thumbsup:

Replies

Quote from: romualdillo on April 08, 2015, 09:24:07 AM
Great pictures!! The village looks fantastic!  &apls

Thank you my friend  ;)

Quote from: Gugu3 on April 08, 2015, 09:39:54 AM
Great set of pictures :thumbsup:Always nice to have a look at your CJ

Thanks! Always nice to see you here  :thumbsup:

Quote from: vortext on April 08, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
He's back!  :bnn:

Great landscape and quaint atmosphere.  :thumbsup:

Thank you vortext  ;) The city has really grown, so I think I will be able to post more  :thumbsup:

Quote from: benedict on May 30, 2015, 06:24:02 PM
Yes, I do like this new update - the rail bridges in particular look amazing.

Thanks Ben. Nice to see you like it  ;)

Quote from: Fasan on May 31, 2015, 12:21:16 AM
An excellent landscape design!
:thumbsup:
These are simply stunning images.
As I look out for hours.
:popcorn:
WOW

Thank you. Nice to have this comment from you  ;)

Themistokles

What a wonderful town! Your work on the slopes really makes it come alive. And I would assume that the view from the castle is something out of the ordinary... A pleasure to read, as always! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

belfastsocrates

Wonderful work! Superb use of the city walls and slopes.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

feyss

Hello everybody,

Today, I will show you some other pictures of Limbourg, but not the same neighbourhood  :thumbsup:

12. LIMBOURG - LIMBOURG-GARE

QuoteLimbourg-Gare is not the first picture that comes into mind when one thinks about Limbourg. It is indeed a busy an industrial neighbourhood, built -- like its name 'Limbourg-Station' suggests it -- around the main train station 'Limbourg-Ouest' on the other side of the river. Tourists often only stay here a few minutes to take another train, a cab or a bus to join their hotel in the historical centre. Nevertheless, this neighbourhood can also offer nice perspectives from above.

(Again, you can click to see the real size pictures)

Hpe you like it! See you soon  ;)

REPLIES

Quote from: Themistokles on June 07, 2015, 10:51:02 PM
What a wonderful town! Your work on the slopes really makes it come alive. And I would assume that the view from the castle is something out of the ordinary... A pleasure to read, as always! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comment  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Schulmanator on June 13, 2015, 05:20:43 AM
Great pix! I love it!

Thank you too  ;)

Quote from: belfastsocrates on June 13, 2015, 06:03:43 AM
Wonderful work! Superb use of the city walls and slopes.

Thanks a lot my friend  :)

Vizoria

What a lovely European city, the MMP forested areas are great to look at and the river is smoothly executed.

manga rivotra

Great work on this update.  &apls &apls &apls
I especially like the photo No. 3 with the station and its very realistic surroundings (the small square and parking are perfect here).
Pictures 5 and 6 are also superb, especially the arrangement of the river bank with the MMP and the path which invites walks.
And I love the way you manage the relief preserving free and public spaces while multiplying bridges and levelings to better conform the slopes.
The result is very realistic!  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

art128

Seems like I've missed several updates since the last time I commented. As always you're doing some fantastic work on your cities. The overviews during the night are superb.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

I love to see how you are able to develop your zones on the hills...Fantastic job my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Unconstantean

great work, this could be any city in central or eastern europe. love the MMP and the tunnels.  &apls

feyss

Hello people!

It's time for some news. I will not call this a real update, but more a 'work in progress update'  ;D

I indeed rediscovered Olsènes, so I will pause Limbourg for a moment. It's quite funny for me because I didn't really want to play on this city again. I was indeed not satisfied of my work. Now, after one year without playing this city, I want to change a lot of thing... A lot of work in perspective  :D

Here's how the city looks like for the moment:

I worked a lot last month on a new neighbourhood called 'Mazy-Notre-Dame' on the northern shore of the river. I tried to build all the building I have in my building with the 'buildingplop' cheatcode.

I also worked on the different networks, the thing I was the least satisfied with my city.

So here's the planned new metro system:

When I began the city, I planned to build a lot of tramways and a premetro system (in white on the map). For those who don't know what a premetro is, this is simply a tramway driving into tunnels. It was supposed to go under the city center, but I was not really satisfied. So, I will now build a simple metro system with 3 lines and put the premetro at the street level. The idea here is to connect the city centre and the CBD. This explains the triangle made by the metro lines and the two lines going on each side of the river.

Here's also the planned train network (with new station in yellow) and the 'ring' motorway:

Well, I hope to be able to show something soon as possible, but we all know that I'm really slow  :D

ps: bonus from 'Mazy-Notre-Dame' (you can click to enlarge the pictures)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: Vizoria on September 02, 2015, 05:52:32 AM
What a lovely European city, the MMP forested areas are great to look at and the river is smoothly executed.

Thank you my friend  :thumbsup:

Quote from: manga rivotra on September 02, 2015, 02:24:58 PM
Great work on this update.  &apls &apls &apls
I especially like the photo No. 3 with the station and its very realistic surroundings (the small square and parking are perfect here).
Pictures 5 and 6 are also superb, especially the arrangement of the river bank with the MMP and the path which invites walks.
And I love the way you manage the relief preserving free and public spaces while multiplying bridges and levelings to better conform the slopes.
The result is very realistic!  :thumbsup:

Thank you! I think the station's surroundings are as much important as the station itself. For the relief, it gives me a lot of difficulties but it gives a real indentity to the city.

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 02, 2015, 02:36:37 PM
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!

Quote from: art128 on September 03, 2015, 10:04:49 AM
Seems like I've missed several updates since the last time I commented. As always you're doing some fantastic work on your cities. The overviews during the night are superb.

Thank you Arthur! Always nice to see you here  ;)

Quote from: kelis on September 03, 2015, 01:21:40 PM
I love to see how you are able to develop your zones on the hills...Fantastic job my friend  &apls &apls

Thank you too my friend  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Unconstantean on October 12, 2015, 04:34:07 AM
great work, this could be any city in central or eastern europe. love the MMP and the tunnels.  &apls

Thank you! My idea was not specially to build a central or eastern european city as you can see with the city's name I use, but how could you not use all those fantastic BATs ?  :D

Seems you have a good eye for placement of buildings, especially combining 19th century buildings with those from early and late 20th century. Also, your new metro plans for Olsènes make sense to me. Please don't worry about the work-in-progress-update, sometimes it is more interesting to see pictures of your city when it's not complete yet than seeing a completed city.

manga rivotra

Your new neighborhood called 'Mazy-Notre-Dame is really very successful.  &apls &apls &apls
I love your idea to bring greenery in this dense neighborhood via the tram route. The perspective of pedestrians on the impressive statue column and the rest of the "promenade" must be breathtaking from the tram station: a fine example of town planning  :thumbsup:
Great night pic too !