• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Republic of Karasem: 2022 Holiday Traffic Report (22/04/30)

Started by Nanami, March 18, 2011, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krasner

An interesting entry  :thumbsup: Certainly quite a lot of work in LE to make some of these dense blocks of houses and shacks. Do you take inspiration in a particular South-east asian city ? I don't know much about the cities of this part of the world.
ANARCHIST !!

kbieniu7

Quote from: Nanami on March 09, 2017, 10:21:07 AM
Thank you! well as I said above, I never though that it will be fit with current condition in northern hemisphere since I just do it based on pictures in the internet.

East Asia do have a lot of beautiful places... As much I would like to backpack there as well which I never done it yet beforehand. Also, SE Asia also do have some nice places for summer experiences and rather far cheaper than east asia...  :P

Ah, yeah, although flags of our countries are very similiar, the climate it's so different. Up-side-down, one might say :D

However, with those words you made me think... how much do I really know about Indonesia, SE Asia and generally this part of the word? Like Krasner wrote -  not so much. Mostly what I know from movies, internet, etc. . I reviewed photos from your previous updates and made me think even more. How far those views are to me.. How many things and references do I miss or do not recognize in your pictures? For me (and probably many other people from Europe and America) it's hard to spot all differences in the lookout between Asian countries. And maybe a next question, how do our - European styled MDS - look to you?

That was a bunch of deeper questions... followed by conclusion, that is so great, to see so many different point of views from around the globe on one forum :)

By the way, I think you should make maps of your train routes, I see that you give a significant attention to railways in your game, but it's hard to follow them only with text ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

feyss

Lovely Japanese and Indonesian pictures on the last updates.

I especially liked those slums with that dirty river  :thumbsup:

Nanami

Replies:

Quote from: Krasner on March 09, 2017, 03:34:09 PM
An interesting entry  :thumbsup: Certainly quite a lot of work in LE to make some of these dense blocks of houses and shacks. Do you take inspiration in a particular South-east asian city ? I don't know much about the cities of this part of the world.
Thank you! yeah if compiled from the beginning of Karasem, it is 6.5 years progress until today where I started to create the lots for SE Asian Cities. My Southeast Asian City mostly inspired from Jakarta where is literally just several metres border from my current apartment in Depok... well not only the main city but mostly the metropolitan areas while rural part of Karasem took inspiration from most of area alongside the north coast of Java. So yeah most of Southeast
Asian work in SC4 is based what I see daily... well atleast this 7 years backward.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 10, 2017, 10:50:09 AM

Ah, yeah, although flags of our countries are very similiar, the climate it's so different. Up-side-down, one might say :D

However, with those words you made me think... how much do I really know about Indonesia, SE Asia and generally this part of the word? Like Krasner wrote -  not so much. Mostly what I know from movies, internet, etc. . I reviewed photos from your previous updates and made me think even more. How far those views are to me.. How many things and references do I miss or do not recognize in your pictures? For me (and probably many other people from Europe and America) it's hard to spot all differences in the lookout between Asian countries. And maybe a next question, how do our - European styled MDS - look to you?

That was a bunch of deeper questions... followed by conclusion, that is so great, to see so many different point of views from around the globe on one forum :)

By the way, I think you should make maps of your train routes, I see that you give a significant attention to railways in your game, but it's hard to follow them only with text ;)
Well yeah our flag literally upside down each other...  :D It is kinda complicated how to describe the references I have in my cities, at this moment my southeast asian major city just follow the 'generic' low-middle class view on Jakarta with several landmarks like Jl Saika Raya in Cibebek and Jl Pamekasan Raya in Meriah heavily modeled after Jl Sudirman in Jakarta. In future I might try several variations such as a major high wealth residential area like Kelapa Gading in my city, but it do need several preparations like adding more lots etc....

TBH back in 2010 when I start to active in this site, I find the European city rather similar with characteristic of classical w2w stuffs. at that time I cant recognize the Mediterranean city, France, Germany etc. But later on, I learned much about European cities and started to know if this city have a certain theme. and finally today (atleast I think) I can recognize if a city belong to a certain theme, this mostly thanks to the google maps's feature: Google Streetview which I used since 2013 to travel around other countries cities. Not least, I also learned the differences from several work in SC4 which includes from this site.

Anyway long reply, thanks for the comments... the suggestion will be used in this update ;)

Quote from: feyss on March 10, 2017, 12:36:48 PM
Lovely Japanese and Indonesian pictures on the last updates.

I especially liked those slums with that dirty river  :thumbsup:
Thank you!

+=====================+
Well this update rather inspired by kbieniu7 comment about my work on railroad. This update rather than showing certain area in city, it shows several stations in Cibebek Metropolitan Area which I've made in game so far since 2010. Also if you notice the first page of my MD, I made a plan for future update which include an update focused on rail system. so stay tuned ;)

Update 42: Stations...

https://www.youtube.com/v/3FkTTMybxLM

Cibebek Metropolitan Area which includes Karasem's capital city Kota Baru is Karasem 2nd largest metropolitan area after the former capital Kota Meriah with population of 11,271,420 people in 2010. Cibebek Metropolitan area has the largest and most used railway in Karasem. As for 2016 it has average daily usage 1,305,357 people, higher than Meriah urban railway (504,302) even with M2RT (Meriah Mass Rapid Transit) combined which is 711,700 people in 2016.

Cibebek Metropolitan Area Local-Commuter train service Map.

The history of Cibebek railway started in 1900 when Dutch Malaya (now Karasem) built the Narrow gauge (1,067 mm) railway from New Breda (now Pondok Daun) toward Tandjoeng Doeren (now in Kota Baru) in order to transport the industrian goods between city. Current network built in 1940s when Japanese Occupation where Kamogawa (Cibebek) works as a strategic location in Malaya Archipelago area as it become the governing central of region. After Karasem independence in 1949, Kamogawa left as the national 3rd largest city while have the largest urban rail network in overall. Electrification of urban route done as early as 1943 where rail between Krajan Station to Kota Baru electrified later massively implemented at 1978  as the preparation of Kota Baru as new capital of Karasem.

Ciasem Station, Ciasem. The only station with "original" Dutch architecture now in Cibebek Metropolitan Area. Built in 1912, today it is the terminus of Local Ciasem Line and serves intercity trains toward Tanjung Pojok.

In 2005, the rail system started to modernized with the order of used Tokyu 8500 8000 series (8001f, 8005f, 8009f, 8027f, 8041f) from Japan which has same rail gauge. With the completion of Bridge from Kasem Island toward Cikulon Island in June 18 2006 first train from Meriah arrived at Cibebek Raya Station marking the start of inter-island train service. In late 2016, Cibebek-Kota Baru Railway expected to new trains batch (5000 series) start in 2018.

Cibebek Raya Station (Formerly Kamogawa Station) originally built in 1900, renovated in 1942. It's the city main terminal with the largest number of lines served as well as intercity trains. Local Commuter Trains served mostly at platform 4-8 while the intercity trains served by platform 1-3. It is the largest train station in Karasem and 3rd by daily average usage of 45,034 people.

The urban railway system currently has 7 main lines and 1 feeder line serving Cibebek Metropolitan Area. The Kota Baru Line is the most crowded line in the system serving between Cibebek Raya Station to Petamburan Station. Second most traveled line is Cibebek Loop line looping Cibebek City with the turnpoint at Minami-Kamogawa Station where the train going back forward. Ciasem Line is the next in term of passengers. It serves northern part of Cibebek Metropolitan area with terminus at Ciasem Station although several train only go to Sadang Station.

Padang Tengah Station, a station in Southern Ciasem city where it has rather rural-looking surrounding. Although it seems to be in middle of ricefields, it actually serves a lot of worker at nearby industrial area as well as the suburban commuters in southern Ciasem.

Cikaas Line originally serves from Krajan Station-Cikaas Station via Pasar Biru Station, now this line which serves Northeast part of Cibebek Metropolitan area mostly serves from Cikaas Station toward Cibebek Raya Station via the new shortcut done by 2007. Cipayung line which serves eastern part of metropolitan area was rather less traveled line in the system with headway averaging 20 minutes. Tanjung Duren Line is the line serves mostly Kota Baru area with its end service point at Tanjung Duren Station toward Minami-Kamogawa Station in Cibebek.

Cikaas Station, main station of Cikaas city. Originally built in 1900, renovated in 1943 this station formerly serves the inter-city trains which since 2009 stopped at Bukit Pesona Station instead. Now this Station which is the 4th most crowded station serves only Local-Commuter Trains. There is a rail depot in the north of the station.

Most of lines in Cibebek-Kota Baru Railway shares the track with inter-city trains. The Ciasem Line shares with the trains toward Tanjung Pojok, Cikaas Line shares with the railway toward Pondok Daun, Tanjung Duren Line shares with railway toward Kota Meriah via Pulau Panjang Bridge and Kota Baru line share with trains toward Bankalan Station. Some expection is Cipayung line doesn't share its line with inter-city services and Ciluar line which formerly old airport rail link.

Camatciut Station in Ciasem Line.

The system currently planned to expand its network toward several point. As for Cikaas Line will expand toward Cisarua Station with all of preparation done expect the station platform itself, Ciasem Line toward Cikopo Station which currently working on the catenaries. Inter-island expansion also planned by done the electrification toward Cibengkok Station in neighboring North Cikulon Province. Kota Baru Line in future ultimately will replaced the intercity train toward Bankalan Station as the expansion of the metropolitan area to the southeast. the industrial line of Pasir Gagak will also planned to be served by a feeder line toward the loop line. A 1.2 km Airport rail link also currently constructed between Petamburan Station toward airport fixed the missing link for the new Kota Baru International Airport.

Pasar Biru Station at night

In future, Kota Baru will also served by Kota Baru Metro, a Subway/MRT/Metro system in Kota Baru. the system will also constructed to Cibebek to improve the connectivity between lines in the metropolitan area.

Tanah Baru Station at night

Thats all for today hope you enjoy :)

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Nanami

Replies:

Quote from: korver on March 18, 2017, 02:07:20 AM
Great update - love your building selection and those super crowded streets. The railway map was a nice touch as well, keep it up :thumbsup:
Thank you for coming by!  ;D
Quote from: Akallan on March 18, 2017, 11:53:06 AM
Very nice! ;)
Thank you!

+=====================+
Say, back to Nakahara to check the spring?  $%Grinno$%

Update 21: Crystal Snow

https://www.youtube.com/v/4IoZkdEYPuo

By mid of March 2017, winter just passed from Nakahara and spring just came by. Warm wind has just flow and the tree started to becoming green again. 9am today, its 11 degree celcius. it will go warmer up to 18C at the noon and steadily back to 10C at the evening.

Nishirenka Station of Saikei Line (西京線) in Nakagawa Ward, Mikawa.

"Next train should be around 3 minutes, I think I need to be hurry now if I don't want to be late again. It seems the cherry blossom start to bloom now although it still very few. In other hand it seems that snow and winter already completely gone from this city now."

Takasemezuka-cho neighborhood which located in the south of Nishirenka Station.

Saikei Line crossing a road in Nishirenka-Hiyama-cho.

"Ah-choo! uhh, it seems that I have a cedar hay fever. Well, it's that time of the year again. Although it should not that bad since Sugi (Cedar) trees not that many around here. Hopefully it wont affect my work much."

Nishirenka-Shinohara-cho area

northern part of Nishirenka-Shinohara-cho area

Renka Intersection in Nakagawa-Ward, Mikawa. Its the meeting between Minamifushimi Dori with Fukuyama Dori.

"The season of flower viewing will be very soon here. hopefully this year will be better than last year!"

Minamifushimi Dori, a major road in Nakagawa ward, Mikawa

Another section of Minamifushimi Dori

Minamifushimi Intersection.

Area in Minamifushimi-Shimohida-cho, Mikawa

Hiyama Temple in Nishirenka-Hiyama-cho

Nishirenka-Inaba-Cho area in Nakagawa Ward, Mikawa

Nishirenka area

Northwest of Takase area

Northern part of Takase area

Minamifushimi area

Thats for today update, thanks for watching!

PS: Mikawa is intended to be modeled after Kyoto which is rather failed to be done IMO because the city being too much modernized  :-[ . Any suggestion will be very welcome.

Silur

Beautiful paintings. Great job - everything looks perfect - 100%.
Thank You and Good Luck.  :thumbsup:

vortext

Yaay spring! Though the pollen can be annoying indeed . . :crytissue:

As for de-modernizing Mikawa, in the pictures shown I'm kinda missing larger, monumental structures - be it historic governmental buildings or open public spaces. Maybe look at the history of Kyoto for inspiration?  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

_Michael

feyss

I like the promenade next to the railtracks. Great pictures  :thumbsup:

Akallan

I do not like Japanese cities very much, but here for the blow it is really beautiful! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

kbieniu7

I looked at your railway map of Cibebek-Kota Baru network, I followed your photos and descriptions of each station. You really give a great attention to all the details of the lines and even rolling stock! Really good job on that matter!  :thumbsup:

In the update #21 I also admire those cherry trees giving a beautiful charm of japanese spring (although I have never seen it with my own eyes, just in the pictures ;). However, after the previous update, I couldn't help looking for trains and wondering where they are going and how many passengers are on board in them right now  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vinlabsc3k

&apls &apls &apls Great updates!! &apls &apls &apls

For the next one I would view on overview of the region or city. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Nanami

Replies:
Quote from: Silur on March 21, 2017, 12:45:48 PM
Beautiful paintings. Great job - everything looks perfect - 100%.
Thank You and Good Luck.  :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Quote from: vortext on March 21, 2017, 02:06:12 PM
Yaay spring! Though the pollen can be annoying indeed . . :crytissue:

As for de-modernizing Mikawa, in the pictures shown I'm kinda missing larger, monumental structures - be it historic governmental buildings or open public spaces. Maybe look at the history of Kyoto for inspiration?  :thumbsup:
Thank you for coming!

Well, Mikawa in last update feature a typical neighbor instead of a landmarks which why there is no such buildings with exception of several minor temples and shrines. As for the suggestion thank you! I've read it beforehand and already make the real former capital area featuring the former imperial palace although it isn't ready yet.

Quote from: _Michael on March 21, 2017, 03:10:54 PM
That's really very lovely!
Thank you for coming!

Quote from: feyss on March 21, 2017, 04:14:39 PM
I like the promenade next to the railtracks. Great pictures  :thumbsup:
Thank you! actually that promenade is a typical to my cities in order to fill gaps between road and railway.

Quote from: Akallan on March 23, 2017, 10:23:51 AM
I do not like Japanese cities very much, but here for the blow it is really beautiful! &apls
Thank you!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 25, 2017, 12:25:43 PM
I looked at your railway map of Cibebek-Kota Baru network, I followed your photos and descriptions of each station. You really give a great attention to all the details of the lines and even rolling stock! Really good job on that matter!  :thumbsup:

In the update #21 I also admire those cherry trees giving a beautiful charm of japanese spring (although I have never seen it with my own eyes, just in the pictures ;). However, after the previous update, I couldn't help looking for trains and wondering where they are going and how many passengers are on board in them right now  ;D
Thank you! well I like to design the public transit (actually transportation network in overall) of a city which make me enjoy every second in creating that update. As for the details of that system, I do plan to release the overall wiki-styled page to describe the whole system on Cibebek City as well as in Meriah or other cities that I create but that might have to wait until I have enough time for that. :) Special mention on detailing rolling stocks, I do like to mention more of it actually in my last update if the automata available (I want TRTA 3000 series, Tokyo Metro 5000, 6000 and 7000 Series, Tokyu 8500 Series, and JR 209 Series) or maybe I just post several real life pictures since I have a collection of rolling stocks here (you can call me a train geek for this  ;D ).

I can call my self same as I havent see the cherry blossom with my eyes until now. I feel that it is the icon of spring in Japan and maybe in Korea as well (idk). About the train in Mikawa, I really have no plan to create similar update like in Cibebek at this point but I've plan to do for some of my Japanese Cities (Akashima, Katajima, Shinkyo etc) so stay tune ;) .

Again long reply. Thanks!

Quote from: korver on March 27, 2017, 05:25:51 AM
Beautiful pics as always :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 01, 2017, 10:12:42 AM
&apls &apls &apls Great updates!! &apls &apls &apls

For the next one I would view on overview of the region or city. ;)
Thank you! I'm not really do it in this update but I might consider to do. Although it might be just for one city as I work in multiple regions,  about 6-8 separate regions which I work whatever theme that I want to do.

+=====================+
Almost 2 months without update, a lot of stuff going on here. First as you might not know, I currently in late semester in university, doing undergraduate thesis which takes me plenty of time lately. Secondly, in empty times I play other games instead of sc4 which include Stellaris, EU4, ETS2, CIV5 and Cities Skylines as well. in future I might try to post CSL pictures here as well but nothing interesting since I play mostly without mod and my PC and Laptop cant really handle population above 100k.
Despite all of that, I still do SC4 over other games above actually so don't worry about me stop my SC4 MD here anytime soon. ;)

Anyway lets go to the update. This update actually takes place in early april btw....

Update 22: Zōkadearou to shita mono

(This update shows area close to Update 13 and 20)
Nagatsuka (長津田町) is an area located in northern end of Minamiyoko City, Watanabe Prefecture bordering with Chiyoko City in the same prefecture. Located just north of Okusawa, Okusawa Station is the main station serving this area.

Nagatsuka-cho area

A close up in Nagatsuka-cho

Another close up in Nagatsuka-cho

As in the middle of spring, Cherry blossom in the full bloom at this moment. Same as the prediction, the bloom in Shinkyo Metropolitan area (including Minamiyoko) starts in the end of March and now it's already in the peak of it.

Kamiokusawa-cho (上奥沢町), as suggested by the name this neighborhood its located in upper section of Okusawa (presented in update 20).

Okazawa Highway (岡沢街道) continue from Okusawa in Kamiokusawa-cho

A park in Kamiokusawa.

Not really everyone have time to enjoy it, as some people just a little bit busy with their own job or maybe not really enjoy it for some reason?

Northern portion of Nagatsuka-cho

Moreover, Okazawa Highway in Nagatsuka-cho

Some people see the bloom of cherry as the new page as it new school year.

Takanosu-cho (鷹巣町) featuring Takanosu Highschool (鷹巣高校)

Eastern part of Takanosu-cho featuring Chioka-Kaido (血岡街道) road (from left to right from picture) which named after the nearby forest.

In the other hand.... errr.....(sorry I'm out of story about cherry blossom here  :bomb: )

Kitanagatsuka-cho (北長津田町)

Anyway atleast this area (and other part of Minamiyoko) still able to show the beauty of nature, mixed with the low density residential area.

Kitakaneta-cho (北欲田町), in the east of this neighborhood, lays the Kaneta hill

Minamiyoko-Chiyoko region in overall can be considered as the northwest end of Shinkyo Metropolitan Area. In this region can be see transition between the suburban residential area with rural agriculture areas. Although, Shimizu City which located in the north of Chiyoko sometime also considered as part of Shinkyo Metropolitan area.

Kaneta-cho.

Western portion of Kaneta-cho.

Kaneta Shrine (欲田神社) located in Kaneta hill

Still in Kaneta-cho

Yet another picture from Kaneta-cho

Development of this area as implied in update 20, start to grow rapidly since 1960 where Okusawa Station is opened. after that, Nagatsuka cho alongside with its neighboring area slowly turning from agriculture area into residential areas.

Takanishi-cho (高西町) neighborhood in the west from Nagatsuka.

Although, some area is still barely developed as it left as a dense forest area.

Okazawa Kaido crosses Chioka Kaido in Takanosu-cho

Sekichi-cho, just in north of Nagatsuka, part of Chiyoko City is one of the example of barely developed area.

Sekichi-cho (関地町) bordering with Kitanagatsuka-cho

Beside this area hold a mystery down from the 14th century. Legend of Shinodake-clan and its house (see update 13 for detail about this)

Sekichi-cho

North of Sekichi-cho, it became more rural.... as enter Kusuki-cho, its more common to see rice field but.... east of this area still a very dense and dark forest......

Kusuki-cho (楠木町) just in north of Sekichi-cho

Okazawa Highway in Kusuki-cho

Overview of Kaneta-cho, Kamiokusawa-cho and Nagatsuka-cho

Overview of Kusuki-cho and Sekichi-cho

Thats all for today, hope you enjoy!

_Michael

What a lovely little area. I certainly love the cherry blossom and that urban power line caught my attention too - great work!

praiodan

:o

What a fabulous composition! There's just so much to discover. Beautiful. Just beautiful. I can't actually say why, but I like picture 17 the most. So serene and yet lively with the little sakura spots.  &apls

Also good luck on progressing with your thesis! I am, too, currently very busy working on mine as well, which pretty much eliminates my chances to play the game. At least, BATing is a little less nerve-racking than building a new plugins folder.  :D
Also nice choice on other games, EU4 and Stellaris in particular (I'm a sucker for Paradox's strategy games! Consider me a CK2 and Victoria 2 crack as well  ;D)

Mikey Knox

What Tree Controller are you using or is this all MMP work?

Vizoria

Good stuff! You got the Japanese suburbs down to a tee.

vinlabsc3k

Greaaaat!!!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
I love it!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quote from: Nanami on May 17, 2017, 10:10:11 AM

Thank you! I'm not really do it in this update but I might consider to do. Although it might be just for one city as I work in multiple regions,  about 6-8 separate regions which I work whatever theme that I want to do.

It's OK. I would only view an overview of the zone. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Dantes

So many new updates! All updates so impressive. I need weeks to watch them with enough time. I like your style! Your are an amazing SC4-Player!