• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis' extra cheats.dll now on the LEX

Started by xxdita, November 17, 2009, 02:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

After searching online for over an hour for the extra cheats.dll, originally introduced by buggi in a Simtroplis thread years ago, only to find all of the links outdated and now invalid, I asked the BSC Custodian if we could host the file here at SC4D, as we have other Maxis files. After creating an installer, to avoid any confusion as to where the file should be placed, it is now available on the LEX.

The extra cheats.dll not only provides ways to cheat (moolah is my favorite, just don't go too crazy with it, or you end up bankrupt.), but also gives a lot of very useful tools, such as the ability to plop any lot or building.

As Maxis never provided a readme, I haven't either. Mostly because after all this time, I still don't know what everything does. (Just promise NEVER EVER EVER to use the plopallbuildings or plopalllots cheats!!! You've been warned.) I will try to type out a list of all the cheats, and what they do over the next few days. (Unless somebody else wants to?)

To open the cheat panel ingame, simply hit Ctrl-X. Right-clicking on the cheat box will open a list of all possible cheats you can use. Just scroll down, click the one you want, and hit Enter to select the cheat you want to use. Some require you to add information, like moolah, himynameis, whereyoufrom. Others, like plopbuilding or ploplot, open a dialogue box so that you can choose which you want to plop. Same deal, scroll down to the one you want, click on it, and then hit enter.

extra cheats.dll on the LEX

adroman

Excellent, makes things easier to find...

The installer sure makes things easier  ;)

Thanks xxdita!
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

xxdita

The complete list of functions the extra cheats.dll provides.

superhands

this was long overdue and needed. great work xxdita :thumbsup:

-dave

rooker1

Thank you very much xxdita for taking the time to get this done.
It really is a very usful tool!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Andreas

I don't know if there's a list of what those cheat codes are doing, but here's what I found out so far either by reading threads or making experiments myself:

Adv - unknown
Barstuck - unknown, maybe related to the RCI bars
BuildingPlop - opens window where you can select every building in the game for plopping, nice as plop cheat or for testing BATs
Casper - ghosts appear on the cemetery lots
Controllers - unknown
CreateException - crashes the game immediately (caution!)
DollyLlama - changes the faces of the advisors to llamas
DrawPaths - shows automata paths on network items, useful for NAM debugging
Effect - unknown
FPS - unknown
FightThePower - the city doesn't need power anymore
Flora - unknown
ForceIdle - unknown, maybe for letting the game running in idle mode?
GOL - game of life, green splotches appear and "dance" in your city (probably a graphics performance test) 
GP - unknown
HeapCheck - unknown
HelloMyNameIs <Name> - changes the Mayor's name
HidePaths - disable paths that have been activated by "DrawPaths" cheat
HowDryIAm - the city doesn't need any water anymore
LotPlop - opens window for selecting every lot individually (similar to "BuildingPlop")
Moolah <Value> - sets the current budget to the value you entered, easier than any other money cheat
NoCSI - unknown, apparently crime-related
PlopAllBuildings automatically plops all buildings in your city (caution, very resource intensive!) 
PlopAllLots automatically plops all lots in your city (caution, very resource intensive!) 
RP - unknown
Recorder - opens recorder window for capturing an image sequence, you can compile a movie or animation with those screenshots
RenderProp - unknown
RiskyMoney - unknown, maybe a money cheat with unwanted side effects
ShowTime - opens a small window with the current system time, useful if you don't have a watch and want to keep track how many hours you spent in front of your PC again ;)
SimDate <Value> - changes the in-game date to the value you entered, this is useful for testing seasonal props
SizeOf <Value> - zooms the game to the value you entered, this allows "fractions" of zoom levels which might reveal more details
Snow - snow appears on the mountains (like with the Christmas easteregg)
Stopwatch - apparently stops the internal clock
TastyZots - hides the zots for "no road access", "no water" etc.
TerrainQuery - adds coordinate values to the cursor
Tutorial - unknown, apparently tutorial-related
WatchMeMove - unknown, apparently, it encourages more sims to move into your city
WeaknessPays - adds §1000 to your city coffers
WhatTimeIzIt <Value> - changes the in-game clock to the value you entered, this is useful for testing timed props
WhereRUFrom <Name> - changes the name of your city
You don't deserve it - unlocks all rewards, use this either as cheat or for testing the visual appearance of reward lots
Zoneria - hides undeveloped zones, this is useful if you have undeveloped zones, but don't want to show them in your major diary
csitrigger - unknown, apparently crime-related
toll - unknown, maybe transit-related
udriveit - unknown, apparently UDI-related
Andreas

Jonathan

udriveit means after entering it you can click on a vehicle and then you can drive it around. (It's a single use cheat, so its not like drawpaths which stays on till you turn it off)

toll is some sort of invisible toll booth you can plop on any network though I have never seen any income from this.

riskymoney adds $10K (or might be $20k I cant remember) but theres a chance of an earthquake instead (better to use the Moolah cheat)

and if you enter a number which is too big for Moolah(the limit is something like 1 trillion - 1) it will simply remove all your money and it becomes a - and you are told to run for Senator.

Jonathan

RippleJet

Nate, you're a hero! :thumbsup:

There are also a number of hidden cheats which don't show up in that list...
Qurlix did some research back in 2006, and his Cheat Research is still available.
That thread still contains quite a lot of useful information!

EDIT:

Quote from: xxdita on November 17, 2009, 02:54:11 AM
I asked the BSC Custodian if we could host the file here at SC4D, as we have other Maxis files.

Since Buggi was the guy who got the file from Maxis, and since Buggi does have an account on the LEX, and since the Extra Cheats are in fact known his "his cheats", I also talked to BSC Custodian and got approval to change the uploader from BSC Custodian to Buggi. :)

Diggis

Quote from: Andreas on November 17, 2009, 10:12:54 AM

Zoneria - hides undeveloped zones, this is useful if you have undeveloped zones, but don't want to show them in your major diary

If I recall correctly this cheat also triggers the water graphics bug.

benelux

mrbisonm

Have a question....maybe two. &Thk/(
What exactly is the difference with Buggi's cheat.dll. I looked at it and so no difference, maybe I didn't look in the right place. Just curious.... %confuso

Then for my second question, maybe not directly implicated with this cheat, but years ago I knew how to plop several Rewards in the same city, but I haven't used that cheat since then and I completely forgot how to, does anyone remember how to do this?
Thanks

Fred/ mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

callagrafx

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 18, 2009, 08:00:53 AM
Have a question....maybe two. &Thk/(
What exactly is the difference with Buggi's cheat.dll. I looked at it and so no difference, maybe I didn't look in the right place. Just curious.... %confuso

er........

Quote from: xxdita on November 17, 2009, 02:54:11 AM
After searching online for over an hour for the extra cheats.dll, originally introduced by buggi in a Simtroplis thread years ago, only to find all of the links outdated and now invalid, I asked the BSC Custodian if we could host the file here at SC4D, as we have other Maxis files.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Andreas

There is no difference - it's the same file. ;) I think most people at ST refer to it as "Buggi's cheat.dll", since Buggi was the one who got it from Maxis and uploaded it somewhere to his thread, instead of posting it at the STEX right away. But the actual filename is "SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll", so it doesn't really have any connections to Buggi after all. It is a Maxis file, you can check that by reading the "details" or "version" tab of the file properties, which says "Copyright 2002 Maxis". 2002 was the year when Maxis announced that they're developing SimCity 4, and most of the "cheats" are intended for debugging the game, actually. :)
Andreas

mrbisonm

QuoteThere is no difference - it's the same file.  I think most people at ST refer to it as "Buggi's cheat.dll", since Buggi was the one who got it from Maxis and uploaded it somewhere to his thread, instead of posting it at the STEX right away. But the actual filename is "SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll", so it doesn't really have any connections to Buggi after all. It is a Maxis file, you can check that by reading the "details" or "version" tab of the file properties, which says "Copyright 2002 Maxis". 2002 was the year when Maxis announced that they're developing SimCity 4, and most of the "cheats" are intended for debugging the game, actually.

Thanks I kinda thought it would be the same, because I opened both of them ingame and didn't see a difference. I knew that Buggi got it from Maxis.....I was there at the time, but it is more known as Buggi's cheat anyways, that's why I named it so here above. Thanks Andreas, hab' 'ne schoene Woche noch.

Then for my second question, maybe not directly implicated with this cheat, but years ago I knew how to plop several Rewards in the same city, but I haven't used that cheat since then and I completely forgot how to, does anyone remember how to do this?
Thanks

Anyone got an answer for this? Thanks

Fred

Thanks but I found the solution by trying all kind of things last night. Finally remembered. For those who want to know also:

Multiple Rewards.
Right click on the reward and hold down, choose the location for the plop, and left click  to place...repeat. I think there's a limit of 5 or so.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

tamorr

Isn't the FPS cheat just to show the Frames Per Second on screen... This is just a guess, as it has been used in a few other games by microsoft, Bullfrog, and a few others to show the Frame rate in one of the lower corners of the screen.
   If it needs a value then it is possible that it sets the Frame rate, but I believe that might be unlikely...

Just figured I would mention this. :)

I've only heard of this cheat to be able to plop more than one Rewards, but don't remember as it was long ago that I came across a post saying something like that in another forum... Wish I could remember, but not something that really would like to do...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Silur

I think - We know about SC4 CHEAT CODES minimum ...
About 50% of command words we must understand as - UNKNOWN, may be these positions must delete from this Extra Cheats MOD ?

Andreas

Well, "unknown" also means that we simply don't know the parameters. As I said, many of those aren't cheats, but actually debug features, so they are not really useful for playing the game, but rather checking the stability and such. And I guess nobody really want to crash the game to the desktop immediately when activating this "cheat". ;)
Andreas

ohyes247

YOU best dude Thanks!!!!!!! i love if u were not here i would die and be with my moms dad who died of cancer when i was 7 or 6  :( i miss him he had a nice house in country side of missouri  &apls

alexr19

I tried that WatchMeMove cheat but didn't notice any thing. Can anyone confirm that it actually encourages growth?