• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big E and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shark7

Seems I have 3 updates to comment on.

A little disclaimer, as to me, I am a big history buff, and my main interest is the Second World War.  I play many historically based war games.  My specific interest is the Pacific Theatre.  That is why I am knowledgeable about such things.  Your MD has simply moved into an area of specific interest to me.  :)

First:  I really enjoy the historical pictures you include with your updates for the above reason.  It gives us a chance to see what life was really like long ago.  The city in winter could be any city...its rather amazing how similar cities across the world can be.  As to the photo of the air force training cadre, (with what appears to be Tachikawa Ki-9s?) it gives some one like me a quick glimpse at just how things were.

As to the city itself...it is growing quite nicely.  Starting to get more crowded and the addition of the rail line should make its industrial areas expand even further.  The farm fields are slowly being converted into residential areas and commercial zones, much as such things happened here in the US.  I also notice a small airfield or air craft factory with what appear to be A6M2 fighters, your city is moving very quickly into the industrial age and preparing for what is to come.  I must commend the way that you are presenting things from a historical perspective.

Finally a bit of history others may not know of, since you bring it up in your MD with the comparison of rural areas.  In the 1950s my grandparents still did not have indoor plumbing here in the US, and that was more common than most people know.  It was so much more so in the rural areas and farms.  In these cases most families had an outhouse which was some distance from the main dwelling.  You always had to be alert for rattlesnakes (this is Texas after all) so it could be quite the adventure.

Another great series of updates Dantes.  &apls

Dantes

Thanks for commenting.

Replies:
@art128:Otouto-chan  (little brother) :) Thank you for your comment. Sitlermoto City will be no large town, and she does not have enough space and no major industry. Furthermore, the city is but change, and prepare you joy.
@SCWTC4:Thank you that you like the city again. Unfortunately there were no cars for SimCity that are so old. I thank you that you look across about this error.
@Shark7:I was just writing the new updates, as was your comment. Therefore, even a response from me. I'm really excited about you and have great respect for your knowledge. I have relatives in the Czech Republic (Europe), these have still a Plmpsklo. And everyone can see who's on the toilet.
The Second World War is a very difficult issue and I will show no battles in the Pacific or the crimes of which the nations have done to each other. In East Asia the situation is very difficult, unlike in Germany, France and America, there was still no work-up.
Japan, Korea and China still throw themselves in front of the deeds have been a generation ago.

I hope you understand that I am because of the situation and neutrality because nothing shows on the 2nd World War. Tomorrow begins the postwar period.

Old Japan: 1945

On 15 August 1945 the Japanese people hear for the first time the voice of their emperor Hirohito.
On 6 August saw the first ignition of a nuclear bomb on a target.
Hiroshima was zero hour of nuclear war.
3 Days later a second atomic bomb hit Nagasaki. Shortly after the Japanese Empire collapsed, the leadership committed suicide the most part.

On board a U.S. warship, the capitulation was signed and implemented a democracy.

More information can be found at this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_of_Japan

Many large cities were damaged by air attacks on the country and many refugees were living under very bad conditions.
The construction began ...

The next update is coming tomorrow!

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism
. :)

Shark7

Dantes, I completely understand and support your skipping the actual war years.  I merely find it interesting from a historical perspective and no disrespect or offense was meant.  I am looking forward to the next updates that will take us into the latter half of the 20th century.

unit2981

I meant to say that for the era, certain buildings in the MD seemed out of place. It wasn't until after the war that they started making prefab houses.  Japan was predominantly made of wood buildings before that time, and it was either the kura or in the big big cities that they used fire-proofing. I love stressing the tiny details ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_architecture
Come and visit Kita-Kaikyo Prefecture!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14462">

Dantes

Outside it is very cold and snowy. * ugh *

Replies:
@I find it very interesting the 2nd World War. The topic is tricky, but it's fascinating, which was used technology and how people lived back then.  :'(
I would love to continue writing to you about this issue. From which country do you come from, anyway?  :)
@unit2981: Hello, please do not forget that this is a game. All this need not be perfect. I strive for authenticity and originality.
It is a game and everything you want is not possible. I would be happy if you are presenting images, and perhaps an MD. All the best

Dantes  $%#Ninj2

Old Japan: The big boom (1955/Shōwa)

The postwar years were difficult and hard. Then began the economic miracle. Many Japanese who lived in the countryside for the cities and Japan produced many for export.

1.And the entry of new citizens in the city apartment blocks arise.

2.The 1950s were marked by change. Many were still living in old houses and new buildings seemed strange.

3.At the little port is a popular residential area for cheap housing blocks.

9. Welcome to the new development area. For new residents, a new district was built.

10.The old police station has been replaced by a modern police headquarters. A playground was built for children.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.
:)

art128

Newly developments looks great, Onii-chan! All those blocks are wonderful.

And here no signs of Snow. Just this darn Rain that is falling down for 4 days now. Looks like another Grey, rainy Christmas is coming.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

Great work. I like the shoreline and the tram layout. &apls

SCWTC4

cold and snowy? here in Rome still no snow but temperatures average had dropped by 10-15 deggres celsius in less than 3 days, so it's cold here too.. seems that this long awaited winter finally come...

about today's update:
i like the new buildings, thats a good feeling of change in your pictures, you recreated the atmosphere well
may i ask you where did you find all those apartment blocks?
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

carlfatal

Since yesterday night it´s snowy here too (Frankfurt), ahh - more muddy...
It is horrible!  ???

And now back to topic: it´s nice to see no snow here!  :)
And better: war is over!  :)
Never i had military in one of my regions but i like these old industrial buildings You use for the base. Now it´s nice to see the town growing. I´m a lottle bit sad cause i loved this old police building, but concrete is commonsense and new is beautiful.
But best of all is the railway connection and the tramway from Your older update before the war. I love this little depot for the tramway.  :)
Greetz, Carl

noahclem

Awesome work Dantes! You keep so busy! Japan's history continues brilliantly here  &apls &apls

unit2981

I'd guess I talked myself into a corner :-[, I'll put up my attempt at city building within a month then ;D
Come and visit Kita-Kaikyo Prefecture!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14462">

Dantes

Many thanks for the many comments. A great Christmas present.

Replies:
@art128:Thank you little brother. Unfortunately, here the snow melts away even now. I hope you'll still have nice holidays.  :)
@nbvc: Thank you nbvc-sama  :)
@SCWTC4:The last few days it was here 7 ° C or 3.5 ° C. In a low mountain range which is enough for snow. Only now it's starting to rain and the snow goes away.
The blocks I do not remember where I herhabe, I am very sorry. We can exchange email addresses and I could send the data.
@carlfatal:Frankfurt is very beautiful. Frankfurt What do you think? Too bad the snow is gone.
Thank you for your comment. I'm always happy to write to you. I like the train depot for the tram itself very well, I built it myself from a few props.  :)
@noahclem:Thank you for the great praise. I am trying to stay as far to the original as possible.  :)
@unit2981: Right  :P

Old Japan: Previously ...(1975/Shōwa)

Just in time for 24th December ends my series. I hope you liked it all. I purely brought in "Old Japan" many new ideas and new ways to build discovered. I hope you will find them in Tottori meet again soon.

New is below my signature, I hope through this promotion a few more readers to win. Also new on the first page is a table of contents (now in construction).

1.A small police station in rural Totori

3.In addition to the police car in which two police officers still have a bike.

4.At the old market since the 60s, a department store has its business.

5.Coca Cola in Japan since the 70s very popular among young people.

6.The police headquarters of Sitlermoto City is not very nice and very functional. The building belongs to the overall concept of the new district.

7.Many people live in tight space. Most workers travel to the neighboring city or nearest city and work there.

8.The first supermarket in the city. The shop offers everything in one building and the seller is at the checkout. Each customer has been looking for his own.

9.The supermarket is open 24 hours a day.  :)

10.Are pubs, restaurants and beverage market is still in the new district.

11.Ten years ago the old school was demolished. The new building fits the new district and all are very proud of the new school.

13.Overview

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

art128

Lovely update, the over view is very beautiful, Onii-chan! I really like the block estates! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Skimbo

Another couple of high - quality updates =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

SCWTC4

another nice update, whatever comes next i'll follow it
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

carlfatal

Hi Dantes,
Again it was a nice update, i love the little police station with the bicycle, this is so typical!
Now i´m curious what comes next!
Greetz, Carl

Dantes

Thank you for the comments. On Saturday the series ends, I hope you enjoyed.

Replies:
@art128:My Otouto-chan  ()stsfd() Thank you that you like the new district.
@Skimbo: Thank you Dragonboy
@SCWTC4:Many thanks to my Italian friend for your comment. How to celebrate Christmas in Roma anyway? Distributed the gifts because a witch? I had to craft two new projects, do I tell anything yet.
@carlfatal:I love the small police station very well. Maybe I should even make a few funny stories about the police. I think you will like the new update. It has again changed a lot.

Old Japan: Today  :) (2011/Heisei)

Welcome to the present.  :) It was a long way until then. It took 800 years to the small settlement was made ​​a city.
I hope you liked this project and had fun. On Saturday, ending the project.

1.The old shops are gone. Sitlermoto City is changing into a modern city.

2.Today the bank has a branch, where was formerly smoked fish and rice sold. On the grounds of the farm, a large supermarket was built.

3.The municipal government has decided to fill them, the rice field and build a city park to the public.

4.The children now have a playground, old people can recover and there are public toilets.  :)

5.The city park is to take the rural out of town and make the city presentable.  &sly

6.At the rail station has to be a discount store.

8.A small supermarket is to discover, on the main road.

9.Those old cobbled streets it only in the old town. Modern roads are better for cars and motor scooters.

10.Old & new District of Sitlermoto City
->Please click on the image and it is bigger!

11.School on the main road (with train for Skimbo  :P )

12.Overview

jmdude1

excellent work! your town is progressing nicely and the growth adds to your story.  i like the dirt playground, quite realistic.

RickD

Sitlermoto City has changed so much. I will read all updates again when the series has finished.
I have one little criticism, though. In pic12 I think a diagonal coastline to the left would have looked better.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

carlfatal

The town has a complete new face now, wow!
It´s interesting to compare the overviews of this series, to look back and remember how all these changes were made.
I´m waiting for the last part,
greetz Carl