• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCWTC4

like those paved paths, the village looks better and better every update.
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

noahclem

Save a beer at the pub and a bed at the hostel for me  ;D

Another nice update  &apls  Nice work on the paths.

Dantes

301 comments to my MD. Thank you. Page 15 that's a small birthday. Thank you !

Replies:
@Carlfatal:Thank you Carl. Slowly we are approaching the medieval Japan that everyone knows and loves.
@SCWTC4:Thank you my Friend  :)
@Noahclem:Thank you. A bed and a Sake are available for you. tomorrow you will bring a horse to the prince.

Old Japan:New houses and religion (1575)

The small settlement is well on its way to town. The village is getting bigger and more complex.

1.In the west of the village is to cut down forests to create space.

2.The new part of the village offers more farmers living room.

3.To date, the Board oversaw the village rice stores and paid the taxes to the clan Sitlermoto.

4.A tax officer monitors the charges and inventories.   &sly

6.At the large rice field, the craftsmen of the forest spirit and demons have built a shrine.
-> Please click on the image and it is bigger!

7.Pilgrims visit the shrine and pray for protection on their journey.

8.Overview

The next update is coming tomorrow!

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism. :)

art128

Nice update, onii-chan! I liked a lot the picture with the shrine, it has something that caught my eyes more than the other pictures.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

wow! Your MD is developing very fast!

I liked seeing the process in which the wood is converted into farmland.  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Dantes

Thank you for comment.

Replies:
@art128: Otouto-chaaan  ;D Hello my brother. Thank you for your comment. I hope you had a nice St. Nicolaus Day.
@Kergelen:Thank you that you like my MD. Every day there is now an update. I also hope to show you a new update soon. I love your pictures.
@RickD: Thank yoooouuuu  :)

Old Japan: Church and Trade(1580)

The village has grown and is increasingly important. A new religion from abroad has built a temple. The tourist trade is increasing and merchants opening shops.

1.Gaijn have built an unusual temple. He looks completely different. Along the main street was a commercial street.

2.The temple is called the Roman Catholic Christian Church.Many of the new faith is dangerous.

3.Merchants who settled along the main road.  :)

4.Nightshot

6.A business sells boxes for export of goods and a trader sells barrels for Sake, beans and other things that are beautiful in barrels.

7.A shop sells smoked fish.  :)

8.A rice trader shop.  :)

9.Overview

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.
:)

rambuckel

Wow, you are updating really fast :)
I love your last two updates!!!!! This village on it's way to become a more complex community has such a special charm with all those details ...

- rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Dantes

Only one comment. I am very sad. If the advent calendar too full?

Reply:
Rambuckel:Thank you for your comment. I hope that you still like it. The series is now on speed and we rease in the Industrial Age. Thank you and a merry Christmas.

Old Japan: Fire and Creation (1585/Azuchi-Momoyama)

1.In Japan, we Christians persecuted. The missionary had failed after japan prince of Japan have recognized the harm the new religion of their culture.

2.Thousands of Japanese converts to Christianity have been hunted and killed. The foreign temples were destroyed. Japan's government decided to isolate themselves.

3.With the end of relations with Europe began a new wave of culture. Temples and palaces were built, and Japan continued to develop independently.

4.The clan of Sitlermoto has decided to build a new castle.

6.Overview

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

Shark7

Another nice update.  You are also very well educated on Japanese history...people can actually learn from your MD.  &apls

I have a feeling that castle is going to look good when construction is done.  I have always like the look of Japanese castles.

art128

Excellent update, Onii-chan! Also, gomene ( sorry ) for not leaving a reply on the previous one, I kinda forget to check it out, so i'll comment the two now.

previous: I like the arrangement you made to the town, really good looking. But i found the church a bit too colorful for a Japanese colony.

Actual one: Another great addition to your MD my friend, nice to see they destroyed the church. Also, looking forward to the construction of the castle.

I kinda like the way you managed to put an update with only one or two things changed, it's not a lot but that way you attract more the attention of the viewers.. I mean At the moment i'm thinking this: " ... hmm now what will he bring us tomorrow ? Maybe the finished castle... hmmm "

Keep it up!

-Arthur.

Props & Texture Catalog

SCWTC4

quite a good lession of japanese story in this update.
don't now really what else to say this time, i think i'll wait for the castle to be completed  :)
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

kelis

You did a great job here Dantes, the new style, more old and more historical, looks amazing, I can't wait
to see the new castle, for sure will be a great addition to the village. Keep up the good work my friend !

PD: Right now I'm also working on my new Japanese region and your work is very inspiring for me, thanks  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

Four comments thank you.

Replies:
@Shark7:Thank you. Today the castle is finished presenting.  :)
@art128:Hello little brother. You've seen through me. Today you get to see the castle. Ever so slowly, larger time leaps, I hope that's okay.  :)
@SCWTC4:Many thanks for your comment. I'm curious about your opinion of how you like the castle.  :)
@Kelis:Hello, I must thank you. Your Md "Prefecture of Yokusawa" and my own research has added much what I needed to know to implement. I hope you continue to look into my MD. I look forward to your new MD and hope you have fun.

Old Japan: Dawn of the modern time (1600/Edo)

After 25 years of construction time is the new castle was completed and the time of the Warring States is finally over. The Edo era begins and with it the dawn of the new age.

1.Castle of Sitlermoto clans

2.Kyūdō

Kyudo is the art of archery. At the beginning of the 16th Century, the firearms come to Japan, but the arch remains the most important weapon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%ABd%C5%8D->Click on the link to learn more.

3.Here you see a school that has focused on archery. Outside in the garden you can see the targets.

4.The first houses of the nobility and wealthy merchants built. The castle has many new merchants and businesses in the village which is now a city.

5.Factory Tofu: Tofu is made ​​here! From soybean milk is boiled and one by a dry lime is formed on the surface of a layer: Tofu! The tofu cloth are hung and dried and then cut into shape and sold.  :)

6.The new district for servants

7. Overview

art128

As usual, onii-chan it's very interesting. The little history lessons you give us are a real pleasure. The Castle looks very good and fits very well with the style of that town. I think, with some more life it would be even better.

Take care,

-Arthur. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

Hi Dantes,
yes, tofu, this hellish white stuff making people complete addicted to, and then it´s made from soy and plaster - no, i´ve eaten this some times, but i´m not sure, i will not die sometimes from all the consumed plaster.  ???
I more like fish, like dolphins or so... makes the special spice of tuna...  :P
But away from this: i love the pictures!  &apls
This Church isn´t wrong here, a typical baroque building for colonization reasons. And yes, well done to destroy it as fast as possible. Today it only were a landmark, expensive and useless.  :P
And also those priests wouldn´t tolerate girls like You show here sometimes, it´s not too hard to miss them here. Build more bathhouses instead!  :P
More serious: mostly i like the pictures where thy build the castle and when it´s finished.  &apls
It looks so real...
Greetz, Carl

Yan077

Very special and original MD here  :)
Please don't be disheartened, you deserve a lot more comments for sure, I love all your pictures !
keep up the good work  &apls

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Dantes

I'm sorry I have not released yesterday, I was sick.

Replies:
@art128: My Otouto-chaaaaaan  >:( Many thanks for your chosen communications hopefully good. The clan has a good overview of the area. Appropriate time when I have Sims to work with LE LE not detected. Only later did I get tips from carlfatal. Therefore, it sees on the streets a bit empty.  &mmm
@carlfatal:Hi Carl, many thanks for your long comment.  :) You are very funny again.  ;D Soon I will give you tofu, then you have to eat it.   :P
Currently, for any anime pretty girl in front of the update because it is very historic. I also hope you have fun it.
@Yan077:Wow, someone from the VIP team. Thank you for your comment, I am encouraged every day a new update to present. I hope you'll continue to read along and have fun.  :)
@kelis: Thank you, Kelis-sama  $%#Ninj2
@Skimbo: Thank you neightbour  ;D

Old Japan:New district and the theater (1630/Edo)

The village is now a city. Through the castle, many citizens are drawn and have built a new neighborhood. The district is very different than the rural district.

1.The houses of the citizens are w2w.

2.The new district has a theater. The theater plays alongside itinerant artist Nō theater.

The No Theatre is a very unique art form and can be compared with anything in the world.

The Noh theater is listed with masks and is very ritualistic. Some performances once took up to 8 hours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noh ->Click on the link to learn more.

3.Back of the theater

4.Especially living in the new district merchants and service providers.

5.The district has its own Sento (bathhouse).