• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simtropolis down again? Or is it me being stupid

Started by Wiimeiser, October 12, 2017, 01:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Is it just me, or is Simtropolis down again all of a sudden? I'm getting an error saying "The request could not be satisfied." when I try loading it...

EDIT: I didn't notice the sticky (Last post in 2011 BTW), and I did do something a bit stupid yesterday (Ask why one lot in a set wasn't working on slopes)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

We're a lot more relaxed about the old policy on ST downtime discussions now, in part because the whole dynamic surrounding them is a lot different than it was in the days when that old thread was active.

Simtropolis was indeed down for a moment, but it is back now for me.  Seems to be hiccuping between on and off, however. 

-Alex

AsimPika3172

Oh great.... Simtropolis going shut down for random error....  :'(
I hope will be OK anytime if lucky.  :popcorn:  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

Wiimeiser

Doesn't look like I'll be able to access it anytime soon. I didn't see anything on their Twitter so it could be my ISP or something for all we know...

AsimPika3172

UPDATE!!!

Simtropolis website is now back online! :D

AsimPika3172

Simtropolis going down AGAIN!!!!  ()sad()

QuoteThis site can't be reached
community.simtropolis.com took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_TIMED_OUT

From Is It Down Right Now website:-  http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/community.simtropolis.com.html

Look likes something wrong that website or just updated forum software etc....  :crytissue:

Tarkus

Site does appear to be down for me as well.  No word via their Twitter account (@Simtropolis), which is usually a pretty reliable source for this sort of thing.  Wish them the best on getting back up and running shortly!

-Alex

AsimPika3172

Is going up now, Tarkus! :D

UPDATE 1!!!

Down again? YIKES!!!  ???

UPDATE 2!!!

Is online again, but loading was slow... Anyway is OK right now.  :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters

Site was loaded yesterday, but very slowly, more than a minute. I noticed that the site is loaded every time more slowly.  &mmm

AsimPika3172

Wiimeiser

Down for me again, but it might not be for anyone else. It appears Australia might be blocking specific European sites, I can't get onto Derpibooru or Cookie Clicker either...

EDIT: Simtropolis works now, but not the others... Others are working, probably just my ISP messing up...

Andreas

It might be worth to note that Simtropolis isn't a European site, though, but a Canadian one. ;)
Andreas

AsimPika3172

Error again???  :'(

Waiting for fix.....  :popcorn:

AsimPika3172

Simtropolis website got error 525 - SSL handshake failed was appear....  ()what()

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

AsimPika3172

Simtropolis down again with error 522 or 524 (timeout)....  ()what()

Tarkus

It's back up now.  Seems they tend to go down a lot late Saturday/early Sunday in the US/Canada timezones (which would be pretty much all day Sunday in Indonesia).  They've periodically had a scheduled maintenance period over the years--not sure what it is at present, but that could be it.

-Alex

Kitsune

I believe it has to do with weekly backups that occur Saturday nite - its been mentioned in the past somewhere on simtrop.
~ NAM Team Member

AsimPika3172

markussaage

It's been down since yesterday already on and off... Hope, it's not serious and that they get it fixed soon. &mmm