• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Wow. Your suburbs and woods are...indeed incredible. They look so real, especially this photo, for me looks like a real photo taken from a drone or helicopter:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/7597/174Uf4.jpg

Anytime I watch your updates, I find them so incredible, that I feel, like I watch them for the first time, discovering all the details you put into them.

By the way, it's the first time, I see somebody using Hollywood sign landmark. The cheapest one in the menu, didn't get attention before, but you've put it here in an extraordinary surrounding  :thumbsup:

And good luck with your training! You plan to become a teacher? I was one for one year and I've found it as a great experience. I hope you'll do well! ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

I agree with kbieniu7, your pictures are very photo-realistic.
It's something I often notice in cities, the downtown doesn't fit that well with the rest of the map. However in your case you make everything blend together nicely. Wouldn't mind a GTA game set in your city.

Only critics I have to say, the wheel should be located away from the downtown so you can have a very good view of the city from it, instead of being in the middle of a skyscraper forest. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Replies:

reddonquixote: Thanks! Thankfully most of the Hollywood landmark was MMP-able.

noahclem: The MMP work took an insane amount of spare time to complete. I had to infill woodland and grassland areas for about 1/3 of the city tile, it took a six week period where I would go to work and then come back home just to spend most of my time adding MMPs and working up to 11 to 12 (at midnight).

korver: Thanks a lot!

Tarkus: Even without teacher training I still would have stopped playing SC4, it was simply a case of doing something different. Anyway, everything you see in each picture is a product of the various mods, bats and lots which are available. I do not do custom lotting.

Mikey Knox: No map; I don't play the game that way. Instead I create a random city tile and work on it.

vinlabsc3k:thumbsup: As for the custom letter set, well it requires using the Lot Editor and I don't use that.

kbieniu7: Thank you very much! As for the teaching I plan to become a teacher of maths in further education (in the UK), I'm really enjoying the teacher training course.

art128: Thanks, with the photoshopping I can make the textures a bit more realistic. As for the ferris wheel, well there are views from some angles.

{---}

Entry 73: Victoria's Quarter

This next entry from Erinsberg is from a more older part of the town. Quite a bit of it is pre-20th century buildings with modern road networks running through.

{---}

{---}

Next entry is something more rural...

kbieniu7

Nice effects with photoshopping! :) But my favourite photo is no 5... because of the small bushes dotted around... the perfect how to "draw" open green areas (I'm always never satisfied with my open grass areas - or I put too much MMPs or the terrain texture doesn't fit or something else...).

But there's a one thing I'd like to mention there is the older area. It is quite visible, that the w2w's repeat. This particular set of Ferox's tenements is one of the best, but not enough big. I would suggest to look at SimCityPolska download section: "BAT,LOT" -> "W2W Buildings". Some of positions might have missing images (yes, I know, we need to fix it), but the best of them still do have :)

And good luck with your future math teacher career!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ok, there's more photos missing, that I thought... :/
I could just suggest downloading and looking at these ones made by Kontrabass:
http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=266
http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=263
http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=258
http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=96

These are XIXth century gray and brown tenements, really good quality plugins. They are in residential and landmark version.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

belfastsocrates

I haven't had the chance to read through the recent entries until now. Some truly fantastic work, I've no idea where you find the time, I can barely find a minute to load the game never mind create such fabulousness!  I applaud you &apls

The transitions from rural/semi-rural to urban are very nicely executed and look superb. I've yet to work on any rural so I'm picking up inspiration as I view the images. Game corruptions and crashes are sapping my enthusiasm for urban work so I may start to work on some rural and sparse suburban areas to restore my enjoyment.

I'm liking your foray into image editing as well, the flipped images work well and give an alternate perspective and some of the cloud work is very nice. I'm not overly keen on some of the other effects, I think they're a bit over powering but I appreciate you're still in the early stages of image editing.

Looking forward to seeing more :)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

reddonquixote

Your attention to detail is astounding and the result is such incredible realism. I hope you can find a little bit of time on the side to keep updating your cities and sharing them with us, we will miss them greatly.  :)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Vizoria

Just a note that the next entry will be posted this Tuesday. I have been rather busy with the teacher training course.

There will be another entry towards the very end of this month for the OSITM, and then a few more for December.

Thanks.

Ln X

Vizoria

Replies:

kbieniu7: Thanks for your comment! As for the W2W repetition, if I had known about those buildings I would have used them, but the lack of pictures...

belfastsocrates: Thank you! The truth is I completed Erinsberg about four months ago, I just took my time uploading the entries. Glad you found some inspiration for rural scenes.

reddonquixote: I only have a few more updates to go for Erinsberg. Then a montage of pictures for each year this MD/CJ was active, finally a video montage. Then I'm done!

{---}

Entry 74: Flander's Hills

Hills. Pasture. Grassland. Woodland.

Enjoy!

{---}

{---}

Since my spare time is more limited, I will be posting one entry a week.

compdude787

Wow, nice update! Awesome as usual! &apls
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

FrankU

Impressive, to put it with an understatement.

Silur

And it works - or all Plop with Photoshop?

Vizoria

I would like to say that the next entry will be posted this weekend, I have been very busy sorting out coursework and planning lessons.

So Flanders Hills is the final entry for this OSITM period, I managed a total of four entries and I did promise several entries so I covered my obligations.

Thanks a lot for your comments and the great reaction, without a doubt some of my finest work was on display in those four entries and you saw the very best from Erinsberg.

Thank you.

Ln X

Vizoria

Replies:

compdude787: Thank you!

FrankU: Cheers!

Silur: Yes it works.

{---}

Entry 75: West Erinsberg

This area is a mixture of commie flats, apartments, shops, light industry and of course the Staples Centre.

{---}

{---}

Next weekend the next entry will be back to the countryside and to the mountains...

_Michael

I love the integrating of all the networks - MHO, roads, streets and rail. Truly spectacular, and once again subtle, but effective photo enhancement. :)

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Themistokles

Awesome! You've brought life into the grungy old apartment houses.

And dat railyard... Always makes one speechless!

Cheers! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

metarvo

It's good to see the more top-grade views of the region of Erinsberg, Vizoria.  :thumbsup:  You truly have skills for both rural and urban areas alike!  The pastures with cows and the logging scenes bring the rural scene to life in Flander's Hills.  On the flip side, West Erinsberg is nicely done in an urban sort of way.  It's good to see some under-highway parking; it creates a perfectly believable inner-city vibe.

Nice work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

manga rivotra

These latest updates are superb.  &apls &apls &apls
Your style is always one of the most realistic either with MMPs or in urban areas. A real pleasure to watch!
I can easily imagine live in one of your bipin's house on theses forested hills

Vizoria

Replies:

michae95l: Thanks a lot!

compdude787: Cheers!

Themistokles: Thanks! Praise must be given to Simmer2, his lots were some of the first I placed when building Erinsberg.

metarvo: It sure does- thanks for your comment.

manga rivotra:thumbsup: The realism comes from the spacing, the fillers and the MMPs.

{---}

Entry 76: Chunder's Mound and Griffith Observatory

This is the final entry from Erinsberg. While Chunder's Mound, the tallest mountain in the city tile, was one of the first areas I worked on when I began MMPing the north of the city tile, I feel it is one of the more interesting rural areas of Erinsberg.

Due to the layout of Chunder's Mound this entry has A LOT of mosaics; fifteen in total.

{---}

This was the first area I began MMPing.

Mosaics are the best way of appreciating the scale and layout of Chunder's Mound.

Griffith Observatory. Yet another famous landmark in the north of the Erinsberg city tile.

The building can be found here- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30905-griffith-observatory/

Another rural-to-urban mosaic.

The scenic look-out can be found here- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14809-peg-mtp-scenic-views/.

The northeast part of the city tile.

A cloudy day in the forest.

A VERY cloudy day in the forest.

The east side of Chunder's Mound.

A flyover of the east side of Chunder's Mound.

And the top of the mountain itself.

The peak of Chunder's Mound is marked by a trig point, gravel and a cluster of stones. This is VERY British!

The west side of Chunder's Mound segues into the east part of Flander's Hills.

A big part of the challenge of MMPing the north of Erinsberg was creating distinctive themes for each area.

The flora from the tree controller only gave me so much to work with. I had to create organic gaps in the tree line by bulldozing areas of woodland in a natural pattern; this gave Chunder's Mound its distinctive look.

The view from Chunder's Mound at night.

And at day.

Cityscape...

On a large scale... For SC4!

{---}

The next entry will be taking a selection of some of my favourite pictures from past entries of this CJ/MD. It will start with the first ten entries, then the next ten and then working all the way to the latest ones. After that there will be entry with a video montage and several new pictures.

Since some of you haven't seen the earliest entries from the CJ/MD this is an opportunity to see the origins of my various city-building styles. Plus all the selected pictures will be photoshopped too.

metarvo

That fog in pic #24 adds a mysterious but contemplative vibe to those dirt trails.  I wonder if those people out walking can see where they're going.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.