• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper

Started by wouanagaine, December 15, 2006, 12:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash

Hello All,

I loaded a map file and created a large region, but when I opened the new region in SC4D I can't see the whole map. It is there but invisible.

frdrcklim

Can someone help me here. I have SC4 Mapper v2.0. Anyway, I was able to use this on before and I was able to get regions out of it. That was before and it has been a while. I downloaded a region sometime before and decided to make create it to a region. It seems that I have forgotten how to create a region.

The first thing I do is:
Press create
click SC4M
choose the SC4M file
Click Save region
I leave the region name as is
then a dialogue error box appears

Error with saving region
A problem has occured while creating the region folder. You should enter a valid folder name as region name

I hope someone replies soon. I tried in Simtropolis but there hasn't been an immediate response.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

What is the name of the region ? In order to work, the region name should be a valid folder name, because SC4Mapper will try to create such a folder under the MyDoc\SimCity 4\Regions folder

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

frdrcklim

It came out as NHP_canary, so I retained the name. It didn't work so I tried the ones that worked before. I got one from the NHP island map pack 01. I got the amarco map. It came out as amarco. To my disbelief, the same error ()what(). I don't know how something worked before and now it doesn't.

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

Quote from: frdrcklim on December 16, 2007, 06:55:48 PM
It came out as NHP_canary, so I retained the name. It didn't work so I tried the ones that worked before. I got one from the NHP island map pack 01. I got the amarco map. It came out as amarco. To my disbelief, the same error ()what(). I don't know how something worked before and now it doesn't.
I don't know myself ??? Maybe you already have a 'NHP_canary' or 'amarco' folder in your Region folder ?

Can you try the following in SC4Mapper
- Open one of your region
- Export it,
- Create a new region from the exported one ( change the name to something you know you don't have )
and see if it is working and report the result here please

Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

frdrcklim

It didn't work ()sad(). Oh boy. Something must've happened. Oh well, I'll just redownload it.

Yep, I still got it.

frdrcklim

I tried downloading it again but it didn't work. So I decided to use my desktop computer. It worked. I guess I forgot to mention, I just remembered that the SC4 Mapper worked in my desktop computer and I was trying SC4 Mapper on my laptop. I have no idea why it's not working in my laptop. As to why I'm using my laptop, well, my desktop computer is running out of space and so I'm actually moving all my stuff. I still feel sad it doesn't work in my laptop. Still, as long as something is working I wouldn't complain.

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

Can you check if you have a SC4Mapper.exe.log in your SC4Mapper install folder on your laptop ? and if yes, throw the content of it here please

Edit : Is it you that sent me a PM on ST with an error log about 'UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 25-27: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape' ???
Anyway can you tell me what is your full path name to your region folder ( starting from c:\ ) please ?

New Horizons Productions

frdrcklim

This is weird. The one in my desktop is SC4Mapper.exe.log but the one in my laptop is SC4Mapper.exe. I guess that's it.

I didn't ask you about the codes. My problem was the one I mentioned above with the steps. No one answered.

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

Can you tell me what is your full path name to your region folder ( starting from c:\ ) please ?

New Horizons Productions

frdrcklim

Oops, I knew I forgot something.

C:\Documents and Settings\bess lim\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

Quote from: frdrcklim on December 18, 2007, 02:21:16 AM
Oops, I knew I forgot something.

C:\Documents and Settings\bess lim\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions
Nothing wrong :(
I found a bug in my code, I'll update today but I doubt it is related to your problem. Watch this space for update notice

New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

a new version is availabe

New Horizons Productions

khoianh94

Quote from: Brightstar on June 30, 2007, 09:08:40 PM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong - I have downloaded and installed SC4Mapper just fine.  Only problem is when I try and open it up it - well - it seems to ignore me............ %confuso
I know I have all the files in system32 I need - I checked carefully.  I also checked all the threads on all the forums I could find to see if someone else had a solution.
The text file created with the error says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1006, in OnClose
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1009, in ShowMain
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 278, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-4: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

Also my pc insists the program is running when I restart it - but it doesn't show up in Task Manager.  I am running Vista and have 1.5gb of RAM installed

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  There are some great regions I would love to use!!!

I have the same problem - newest version from 12/18/07 and Vista 32 Bit.  ()sad()

wouanagaine

sorry but I give up on unicode and the \U bug. That really piss me off and I think I've tried almost everything to circumvent that bug. without the possibility to reproduce it myself I can't do more.
Very sorry

New Horizons Productions

sffc

Does SC4Mapper work with Windows 2000?  Because I use a Mac (with SimCity for Mac), I have Windows 2000 in a Windows simulator program.  I installed SC4 Mapper successfully, but when I tried to install a map from the STEX, the "Save Region" button seemed to do nothing other than ask me for the region's name.

wouanagaine

I don't know if it works under 2000

New Horizons Productions

XL2007

QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1007, in OnClose
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1010, in ShowMain
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 277, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 25-26: malformed \N character escape

This is what I'm currently dealing with.  Can anyone help me out here?

wouanagaine

arrg :( :( :(
Does your user account name start with a 'N' ?

New Horizons Productions

XL2007

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 20, 2008, 12:35:50 AM
arrg :( :( :(
Does your user account name start with a 'N' ?

Actually, it does.  &mmm

Could the "malformed character" problem be related to that?  I'll just try it in C:\ and see if that works.

Edit: it doesn't.