• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

I don't have David's diagonal textures (what are they anyways?...and who is David?)  installed, at least that I know off, and for the customlots that don't fit with this darker texture, I have to double check it, once I get home from vacation, but I saw a difference just before I left. I always use the Maxis texture in the LE.

Thanks for replying, but my questions was if that texture problem in NAM will be fixed or not.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Swamper77

Mr. Bison,

David is Dedgren, the author of Three Rivers Region. He's made numerous advances in realism for the game, including wide radius rail curves and railroads that don't follow the game's default 45 and 90 degree angles.

It will be up to the rest of the NAM Team if they decide to remove the darker rail textures.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

dedgren

Heh, Fred- It's me, remember?  Your Alaskan friend- David.

I'll PM you in a bit as to how to fix your problem.  I'm working on a global fix to the issue as this is written.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mrbisonm

Quote from: dedgren on January 23, 2009, 07:54:13 PM
Heh, Fred- It's me, remember?  Your Alaskan friend- David.

David

LOL.....again.....lol.....sorry David, Geeez, there's so many Davids on so many forums and sites that I loose control once in awhile (not only Davids)....hey, nothing to do with Alzheimer, ya got that?..lol
I know who you are and I'll make sure NOT to forget anymore.....lol
Thanks for helping.
Fred

........btw, are there any other Freds out here?

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

andreharv

I cannot get all 8 rotations from the rhw 8 inner curve.  I checked the controller and all the code seems to be ok.  Is anyone else getting this problem?

As I was typing this post, my office chair broke in half and I nearly had a romantic moment between the steel closet door next to me and my face! ?=mad)=

pilotdaryl

Many of the newer features seem to be unavailable for me.  This includes some new el-rail over road pieces, the new TRAM and the entire FAR/FARR set.  In some cases, such as the new el-rail over road pieces, only the old pieces show up and I get none of the new ones such as the curves, intersections, etc.  Other times, this goes for TRAM and FARR, I can click the button but all I get is nothing at all. I've thoroughly checked my plugins folder for any possibly conflicting mods and added a "Z_" prefix to my NAM sub-folder.  Is there anything that could be causing this, I.E. missing dependencies, old mod conflicts, etc.
Never mind, i just read about this in the FAQ thread.  I'll do some more investigation, reinstall the NAM and hopefully things work out.  I suspect that I have an old RHW lying somewhere in my plugins folder... or the Fenced_GLR dat that Cogeo developed that I think I may have downloaded a long time ago.

Tarkus

Quote from: andreharv on January 24, 2009, 12:26:40 PM
I cannot get all 8 rotations from the rhw 8 inner curve.  I checked the controller and all the code seems to be ok.  Is anyone else getting this problem?

Yes.  I accidentally mispelled the "Transpose" command as "Tranpose", which is causing it not to work.  Late night modding. ::)

I've got it fixed here on my end and the fix will come out the next time we update NAM Essentials.

-Alex (Tarkus)

andreharv

k thanks...I'll just dig my grubby little hands into the controller file and fix it myself.  Man I shouldn't have read your post.  I need to go to bed early tonight.
Quote from: Tarkus on January 24, 2009, 05:32:53 PM
Yes.  I accidentally mispelled the "Transpose" command as "Tranpose", which is causing it not to work.  Late night modding. ::)

I've got it fixed here on my end and the fix will come out the next time we update NAM Essentials.

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

Odd bug here, (not actually related to the NAM) but all the vanilla menu items have ltexts of their file name ie: "Ut16x10_SubwayStation_0359_$500"

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

FrankU

I have been wondering quite some time about this, but never found an answer to it, so here I go.
Is there someone who can tell me what the difference is between the Ground Highway Onramp 01 and the Ground Highway Onramp 02? They look identical. I never know which to use and why I shouldn't use the other one....

And another question: I am very happy with the new Ground Highway onramp. It is just such a pity that it isn't slope conforming like the older on- and offramps. Now I cannot use it to make a good Highway Intersection.

Picture... explaining my question....

Swamper77

Frank,

I believe the difference is the direction of the OneWay Road at the end of the ramp. I'd recommend drawing the OWR in the direction you want and then try to place the Ground Highway ramps. The game will pick the correct one for the direction of the OWR road.

One of the NAMites with knowledge in the RULs will have to answer about the new ramp problem. It has something to do with how it is setup in the RULs.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Haljackey

Quote from: FrankU on January 26, 2009, 02:03:37 PM

And another question: I am very happy with the new Ground Highway onramp. It is just such a pity that it isn't slope conforming like the older on- and offramps. Now I cannot use it to make a good Highway Intersection.

I actually like the fact that the new ramps are not slope conforming because it makes them much more realistic.  Seeing the old ramp climb a 15 meter slope in about 1 tile (16m) gives it an angle of about 40 degrees, which is not even close to the steepest slopes found in real life.

If you allow two extra tiles on either side of the highway, the OWR will be able to smoothly climb up the slope, creating a realistic interchange without consuming too much land.  The new RHW type "A" wide ramps (the one with a 1 tile gap between the RHW and the MIS) was made for a similar purpose. 

Again, if you don't like this, you can always continue to use the OWR old parallel ramps which don't take slope into account.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

Best,
-Haljackey

smoncrie

FrankU, I checked the RULs for that puzzle piece and they specify that the ramp can have a modest slope.  I tend to agree with HalJackey that this is not a problem, but I also found that this puzzle piece was a bit hard to use with a sunken highway, so I will bring it to the attention of the rest of the NAM team.

FrankU

Thanks for the answer.

Yes sure, the slope is completely out of range, realistically speaking. But that is for the whole game... The RHW (which I do not use out of a layziness) corrects this, like the new FARR does for rail. Beautiful etc. I like it a lot. But well, as an alternative to the existing slopes (where I have this unused road end) I like the new onramp a lot. And in that sense it is a pity that it isn't slope conforming like the other non-realistic onramps.

And about the difference between onramp 01 and 02: they are both in the same direction. I find them indentical as far as my possibilities to find out can help me...
Who knows the difference? The NAM-team is far from stupid, so there must be a reason!

Jonathan

FrankU,
I was also annoyed with the slope so I changed (I stupidly deleted it though) maybe I can recover it.

Those labels aren't very descriptive at all, I think it's best if you plop one in an empty space with drawpaths cheat on, and then you can see which one to use. Maybe arrows could be added to these pieces?

Jonathan

cogeo

Quote from: pilotdaryl on January 24, 2009, 02:26:18 PM
Never mind, i just read about this in the FAQ thread.  I'll do some more investigation, reinstall the NAM and hopefully things work out.  I suspect that I have an old RHW lying somewhere in my plugins folder... or the Fenced_GLR dat that Cogeo developed that I think I may have downloaded a long time ago.

The fenced GLR puzzle pieces is a "normal" NAM plugin. A NAM patch was included in the first release (NAM_Override_FencedGLR.dat), but this has now been removed. It was needed only for NAM version Jan 2007. But in newer versions not only it's no longer needed (as the necessary RUL entries were already incorporated in NAM's main controller since version Jun 2007), it causes conflicts too. NAM's cleanitol file removes this patch. You can search and remove NAM_Override_FencedGLR.dat manually if you don't want to run cleanitol and reinstall NAM. The fenced GLR plugin (Fenced_GLR_PuzzlePieces.dat and the Props subfloder) can be installed without problem. And that's why the patch was put in a separate datfile, ie in order to be possible to be removed without problems.

If you have fenced GLR puzzle pieces installed you don't need to uninstall it and install it anew. There isn't really a "new" version (the only "change" is that NAM_Override_FencedGLR.dat is no longer included in the pack). You only need to delete NAM_Override_FencedGLR.dat, if you haven't done so already.

And take a look at Railway Fence Props, it contains additional fence props. Not only you can select the fence prop(s), you can also use multiple fence props in the same city at the same time. Enjoy!

io_bg

Well, after playing with the RHW I noticed a problem with the paths (there's a pic below). As you can see on it there are problems with the RHW6C type B exits.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MAS71

Hi again friends. :)
I'm so sorry, I have to do a disappointing report about latest NAM(ver Jan,2009) today. $%Grinno$%

I got this report from Avels san in our wiki.
NetworkAddonMod4.dat make misdisplay with some CAMeLot.

We already confirmed tahat about 2 kind of models now.

R$$_Stage13_Cobb Tower (Model in COBB MEGA Props Vol05.dat)
  Cs$$$_Stage13_JadeHotel (Model in  JadeHotel-0x5ad0e817_0x4d424f8e_0xa0000.SC4Model)

We can see this problem with only one direction of builidings in Zoom level 5.
I think that a cause is IID of models in a Custom Interchanges which added in this version. (maybe)
and It's not easy to solved a problem in this case.  &mmm
I'm looking forward to the next update the NAM. ;)

#################### Edited ####################################

Avels san found one more thing and repoted to me again.

IM-5_PerkinsFurnitureCompany

#################### Edited ####################################

Thanks for reading.
-Mas'71