• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeTram

Some more recently informations about my known problem , perhaps it may help ...
Well , i tested once again , and the problem seems to focus on Avenues and Rails...
I agree with sithlrd98  , that the delay is NOT so much , but it is about 1-2 minutes...( i dont know if it is normal)
But the worst of all is the fact that i suddenly do NOT see any train on rails , and my stations capacity falls into zero...which means that i dont have rail tranportation at all!....Perhaps this last problem has to do with the whole problem ...I think it must have a connection , because whenever i unistall NAM April 2008 , and install again NAM June 2007 ( which i found again in my back ups) , the problem in whole dissapear!!....
i hope that i helped , everybody who is willing to help..
thanx and waiting forward....( i  have left my project in the middle)
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Anthony

@VeTram: does your traffic graph query show that you have a rail line?
this no-rail-line issue happened to an existing city of mine when i copied it together with the plugins folder from my laptop into a brand new pc.
traffic query on trains=0, train station usage query=0, and traffic graph query shows that i don't have a rail line at all in that existing city.

i have not gotten around to resolving the issue as the new pc had to be overhauled due to an issue on sound card-CPU incompatibility so... i hope this problem will be resolved just in case i encounter the same again when i get around to installing SC4 on that new pc  :)

wes.janson

I posted not too long ago and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that would correct this current situation of mine.

My old copy of SC4 Deluxe got trashed (When your roommate is 3 years old, CDs left out tend to get used as frisbees); so I bought a UK version of SC4 Deluxe on ebay. After installing it, I changed it to a right-hand drive version using RippleJets Tutorial, and this is when I noticed my problem. The road turning lanes appear as they should, but the avenue turning lanes apparently assume I have chosen the left-hand drive version of NAM. I un-installed my entire NAM folder and re-installed, but to no avail. Any help will be appreciated.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

VeTram

Anthony:  In my Traffic Volume Graph shows that there is NO Freight Train exist at all! ....in Data View also Freight Train Volume Data doesn't exist....in Route Query in some pieces of rail line says "freight Train:21" and in other pieces of rail line says "freight Train : none .....and finally i have three freight stations , and in one of them that is my Container Seaport fuctional as a seaport in game ( from Peg) says that the capacity used : 21 while the other two Freight Stations say the capacity used : 0%.... :'(
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Anthony

^^ well... as i said it seemed that the game in that city of mine did not recognize the rail line i built so queries do not show any activity at all.
anyways, good luck on resolving your problem  ;)

simonut

I have installed the new NAM, but when I start up the game, most of the roads disappear. The buildings soon become dilapidated. Anyone know a solution?
Here's a pic:

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
-Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom Trilogy

Come visit us over at 

Andreas

Maybe you forgot to install the Road Turning Lanes plugin?
Andreas

simonut

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
-Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom Trilogy

Come visit us over at 

simbox

Hey guys,

You might remember that I posted a while ago about a problem I had with the highways, monorails, and el rails freezing.

Well, I got the Highway to work again by unclicking the turning lanes option for it during the downloading.

But, the monorails and el rails continue to freeze.  I'm basically out of ideas at this point.

All files were installed in the correct order: NAM (NAM Essentials is not needed for the april 2008 one, but I've tried it with and without), Bridges, Rural Highway, then SAM.

I've run cleanitol, and it didn't detect any older files.

I deleted, rather than uninstalled, the previous NAM folder. I had turned it into a DAT file using the DATPacker.  Could that be the problem?

I'm really not sure what files to hunt for and get rid of to get the monorail and el rail working again :-(

CommodoreTech

I have gone to the NAM page, clicked on the BSC link and.... absolutely nothing happens. My computer bleeped and that's it.... what do I do?
-Ben-

jay88

Hi guys -

I'm hoping you can help me out here.  Since installing the NAM, my sims wont use any mass transit at all, except for buses, and the subway. Even when it's the only way to get to work.
For example, if I connect a small residential zone to an industrial zone with just some rail, they wont use it; the houses will have No Job zots and they abandon (except for one household who work at the train station lol)

Also, having rail cross over a road at any point will act as if there was a break in the road, and any houses dependant on the section of road after the crossing, will become abandoned. If I use an overpass instead, the overpass acts as the break; it won't be used and again, any houses after the overpass become abandoned.

Once I uninstall the NAM, everything is fine again.

I've tried reinstalling the NAM, and also installing using just the core plugins, to no avail.

I'm hoping there's a solution... I love the NAM and simcity, and having just come back to the game after a long break I'm eager to get back into it!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-John.

Swamper77

Do your Sims drive on the left? If so, you need to install the Left Hand Plugin for the NAM. It's one of the options in the Installer.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

jay88

I just tried reinstalling with the left hand drive plugin and still no luck.  &ops

I spose I should mention, I'm not running any additional plugins/mods.

VeTram

-I am always facing my known problem ( see below and previous last pages ) ...and i am still waiting for an answer...  %wrd....I have tested everything several times , but the problem dissapear only if i reinstall previous NAM version June 2007....what's happening finally ...i am really curious to know...is there a bug in NAM ver April 2008 ??? ()what()... ()what() ()what()....of course i can NOT even use SAM Mod , as in dependancies mention that must be installed the last version (2008) of NAM...

Tarkus

Quote from: simbox on June 07, 2008, 09:48:44 PM
I deleted, rather than uninstalled, the previous NAM folder. I had turned it into a DAT file using the DATPacker.  Could that be the problem?

Having a DATPacked NAM will cause issues, and for that reason, DATPacking the NAM is strongly discouraged

Quote from: VeTram on June 16, 2008, 04:56:35 PM
-I am always facing my known problem ( see below and previous last pages ) ...and i am still waiting for an answer... 

My apologies for that--much of the team is dealing with RL right now (including myself to a degree), so unfortunately, we're not always able to deal with support issues immediately, particularly more complicated ones like you seem to be facing. 

I do have a few other questions for you:

1) Do you have anything in the other Plugins folder (not the My Docs one, but the Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 one)? 
2) Would you be able to show a pic of your Rail lines with the DrawPaths cheat turned on? 
3) Are you using any sort of Slope Mod?  If so, which one?

Also, I'd recommend switching your Traffic Plugin from the "D" Plugin you're currently using to one of the "A" or "B" options.  They are more recent additions, the result of additional research by jplumbley and mott into the Traffic Simulator, and not only promote better pathfinding, but tend to be less taxing on system resources. 

We'll get to the bottom of this eventually. ;)  I don't think it is a bug with the NAM, as very few people seem to be having this problem.

-Alex (Tarkus)

VeTram

Tarkus , first of all , thanks for replying and all your efforts , and here are the latest news and the answers to your questions.

Well , i decided today to unistall the whole game , and make a new fresh installation , with NO plugins at all , in order to have some more safe answers and conclusions..

so, here they are...

1) The game without NAM , and after a fresh installation and in the same region where my city belongs , everything was O.K
2) The game with NAM June 2007 , ( and nothing else's in my plugins folder ) and after a fresh installation and in the same region where my city belongs ,  everything was O.K
3) The game with NAM April 2008 , ( and nothing else's in my plugins folder ) and after a fresh installation and in the same region where my city belongs , was ....NOT  O.K

And when i say it was NOT O.K i mean that , there is NO volume in Train Traffic , and the Train Stations are empty , and finally there is no train anywhere.....

I just tested in Passenger and Freight Stations.. these are the final conclusions .

As for your questions now...

1) I did not had anything else in my Program files\Maxis\SimCity4\Plugins ,because as i wrote before i made a new installation

2) There is no meaning to show any pic of Rail Lines , because i used completely new RL lines ( if you insist i can send of course)

and 3) Yes i used a sort of Slope Mod , but in the new installation in my documents\SC4\Plugins was only NAM 2008 as i wrote before. In case you need to know the kind of Slope Mod that i used before i can find and write to you in my next post.

That's all...i hope that i helped as i could ....waiting forward for news , and i really wonder if i am the only one having this problem..

thanks anyway

P.S : You recommended switching the Traffic Plugin from "D" to "A" OR "B' options..Did you mean the Traffic Controller files when we choose components in Set Up of NAM 2008?   If yes , i already selected "Simulator A Easy"  if that was what you wanted to mean.

HandsOn

I can't claim to be an expert, but one thing I do find odd is your writing of
Quote\Maxis\SimCity4\Plugins
. My own experience points to leaving that folder empty except for the four background JPG files. All plugins and custom content ought to go to (if you are on XP) to ..\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins or (if you are on Vista) ..\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins. If you have nothing but NAM installed it ought to look like the pic below.

Another thing I noticed with NAM is that train traffic, both passenger and freight, only really begins to develop when connections to another city exist. One more thing you can try out is to use the attached train generators from Swamper77 (I only attach them directly as I think they came from ST) - just plop one next to a track and trains ought to appear right away. This is not a solution, this is just so you can extend your testing.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

VeTram

HandsOn , thanks for the interesting ...I read carefully your post , but i would not agree in all ...
So, here we are..

1) At the point that i mention about .. Program files\Maxis\SimCity4\Plugins was mentioned by me , because Tarkus asked me to describe it in his previous post. As i mention , there was nothing else but the four background JPG files ( the ones you mention) , because i made a completely new installation of the game

2) I am not either an expert , but i am absolutely sure that whenever i install NAM version June 2007 , and with NO connections to any other city , there is Train  Traffic and i see also the trains. So , i dont think that a connection with another city must exist for developing trains. If anyone knows anything different ,please write it.

3) See , my pics below , the one is from NAM 2008 FOLDER and the other is from NAM 2008 PLUGINS FOLDER... As i can see there are some differences than your pic .. I suppose someone could say us if everything is O.K

4) I didn't know about Swamper's77 train generator. Thanks for the information , i will have it in  my mind for later, because i agree with you that this is not the solution to the problem.. Thanks again for all

This is from NAM 2008 FOLDER in my DOCS\SC4\PLUGINS

AND this is from NAM 2008 PLUGINS FOLDER

HandsOn

What I don't see might be interesting - just offering suggestion, nothing more:  &mmm

There is no Automata file in your folder. Might this be the reason? I know this is tiresome but did you get a correct download from the LEX?

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

VeTram

Automata file?  isn't the second one in my plugins folder?

Correct download from LEX? WHERE HOW?  ..If i am not wrong the latest update is 2008/04/24..