• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

No. The tunnels are hardcoded into the .exe file. The ANT is a network tool that Maxis never finished, obviously they were planning for tunnels and gave the ANT that ability, but never got the chance to make a tunnel portal.

And NO, there is currently NO way to make a tunnel portal without "cracking" the .exe file, which would violate the user agreement and be illegal too.

zakuten

Sorry, I was just asking. I know I've seen some custom portals floating about for such things as HSRP and I believe roads too, so I thought it could be done. I guess I musta saw something else.

Edit: Actually, it was a European-inspired rail portal on the STEX, made by Fukuda.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Shadow Assassin

The tunnel portal models can be changed. The functionality of the tunnel itself, however, is hard-coded and cannot be changed.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

zakuten

Ah, OK. That makes it a bit easier to understand. I'm not sure if it holds traffic, due to the placement of it in the city, but if you say it's not correctly functional as a tunnel rather than just graphically glitched, then nevermind it. I just don't know much about these things, sorry.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Crissa

Technically, it's not illegal to crack an exe on your own harddrive; what is illegal is to decode anything that may be encoded securely or retransmitting it.  This law may be unconstitutional, however.

Either way, it's sad.  But it's possible to make pieces to perhaps transfer ANTs to other tunnel types.

-Crissa

RebaLynnTS

Note: If someone cracked the exe, and altered it, the only way they could share it, would be with written permission from the holder of the rights to the game.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

nerdly_dood

Which we all know will come when hell freezes over, cause this is EA, not...ok, who can come up with a nice generous corporation who would give us permission to tinker with their EXE file and distribute the tinkerations for free?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SC4BOY

I'm not a team member, so I'm just giving an outsider's opinion... but I think you have the right idea about re-organizing.. there have been so many ideas and development in such a short time.. plus it has a LOT of interest.. so it's getting pretty messy.. Your outline looks fine to me, but the team will no doubt have better observations.

Filasimo

we apprectiate the proposal joe and we are talking about it. but its a great idea  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

JoeST

another suggestion would be to have a board for each different project, and having the development thread sticky'ed. This would allow for people to just post their questions in the board below, kinda thing...

Maybe not..

Thanks for taking notice tho, especially as your all busy developing ;)

Joe

Shadow Assassin

Here's what I think:

The NAM board simply isn't active enough to justify such a reorganization. That is, while quite a few people come through and post, the number of threads in the forum index of this board isn't enough to really justify splitting everything up. If anything, it will cause a lot of confusion to people where things aren't where they expect them to be.
New Horizons Productions

JoeST

It makes more sense for some of the support threads to be out of the NAM CREATIONS board tho....

Shadow Assassin

I agree, though, about NAM support. But it should be say, in another group of sub-sub-forums in this board...
New Horizons Productions

JoeST

or in the root of the NAM team board... that would make more sense. That's pretty much what i suggested to start with...

blahdy

I believe the current setup we have is fine and it's best that we just leave them as is until sufficient user traffic warrants justification.

superhands

Request to nam or ram members!

is the GLR system going to be made or thought of for streets/roads? (like avenues but with track along the same path as cars?)

or is this immpossible?

jplumbley

@bighead...  This is possible by puzzle pieces, but the problem is we need someone who is going to do it.  There are more problems with these types of puzzle pieces than you would think though and it is not likely to happen for quite sometime, if ever.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!