• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monkey Island

Started by Schulmanator, July 23, 2007, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Update 1: Welcome to Monkey Island

A medium sized island located off  the coast of the Banana Republic, Monkey Island is home to one of only a few civilizations known in the Sim Universe to be led by non humanoids. This society is ruled by a benevolent group of monkeys. The leader is King C. George III.

King C. George III

His son, Prince Baby Monkey, helped to design the town they live in.

Prince Baby Monkey

The town is centered around Ooo Ooo Aah Aah Square, which in typical monkey fashion, is actually a circle.  You can blame Chief Architect Bonsai for that one!

Ty Bonsai, Simian SimArchitect

The square. Obviously, geometry is not taught in Monkey Island Schools!

It is surrounded by groves of yummy bananas. Across the square/circle ("squircle"?) is palatial Monkey Manor, home of the island's government. The King lives in the manor and all government functions are carried out in the building. King C. George does not stay cloistered in his mansion. He is often seen riding about on his yellow steed around the town, waving to the townsfolk and tossing bananas to the crowd.

Hi ho, yellow.... Awaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Monkey Manor has fine, manicured lawns. It also has pedicured windows and botox-injected doors. At the rear of the complex is the Monkey Island School. The school focuses on the basics in monkey education: banana appreciation, vine and tree climbing, and poetry (haik-oo-oo-aa-aa).

The town is laid out roughly in narrow rectangles. Homes and businesses are in close proximity, and everyone is close to their own patch of bananas.

In this broader view of the island, it is easy to see that the industrious monkeys were able to make good use of the hilly land. On one end of the town, small non-banana farms are clustered near the shore. Sometimes, you just need a break from bananas!

Grassy walkways connect the shoreline with the town. The crest of Tarzan Ridge has several walkways connecting to the shore. You and I would not enjoy that steep trek, but monkeys like to climb. And, when in season, they can also swing up and down on vines.

When we explore more of Monkey Island next time, we will see one of the most important farms on the island and find out what transpired there. And, there will be a guest author on the show!

Tune in next time!! Same Monkey Time... Same Monkey Channel!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Fledder200

:D
i like it!!!!!

now i'm hungry for a banana!!  :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

thundercrack83

Very clever! I can't wait to see more!

Pat

Verry Verry Banana's LoL....  Its a very good start man them sims have to be monkeys to climb that steeep hilll up...  I will be monkeying around to see more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Monkey Island is looking great so far! Wonderful pictures, Schulmanator! Looking forward to more...

dedgren

Hey, Bruce- About time you brought some of your great work over here.

Monkeys...  who'da thunk it?

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Yoder7652

huh, monkeys eh? well, looks good so far...I'll stay tuned to the same monkey time and channel  :D

Nardo69

Shock the monkey to life
Shock the monkey to life

Cover me when I run
Cover me through the fire
Something knocked me out the trees
Now Im on my knees
Cover me, darling please
Monkey, monkey, monkey
Dont you know when youre going to shock the monkey

Fox the fox
Rat the rat
You can ape the ape
I know about that
There is one thing you must be sure of
I cant take any more
Darling, dont you monkey with the monkey
Monkey, monkey, monkey
Dont you know youre going to shock the monkey

Wheels keep turning
Somethings burning
Dont like it but I guess Im learning

Shock! - watch the monkey get hurt, monkey

Cover me, when I sleep
Cover me, when I breathe
You throw your pearls before the swine
Make the monkey blind
Cover me, darling please
Monkey, monkey, monkey
Dont you know youre going to shock the monkey

Too much at stake
Ground beneath me shake
And the news is breaking

Shock! - watch the monkey get hurt, monkey

Shock the monkey
Shock the monkey
Shock the monkey to life

I am not sure if your inhabitants like Peter Gabriel - or at least that special song of him ...

So, when do we meet Guybrush, Elaine and LeChuck?

Take care and make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

vester

I will sure me tuning in again on the Monkey channel.

Schulmanator

Fledder200   Wow! You are my first replier. It has been a long, long , loooooooooooong time since I had a first replier!!

thundercrack83   Thanks! Glad you like it thus far.

patfirefghtr    Thanks! I am looking forward to monkeying around with this from time to time!

Bat   Thanks! Glad you decided to pay Monkey Island a visit. I hope you enjoy it as much as Schulmania.

Dedgren   Thanks! I won't be able to have quite as much of a whirlwind on Monkey island as I do on Schulmania. Monkey Island is my diversion when I get tired of painting over cars in my pix! I wanted to have a little something to plant the flag over here on 4D. Monkey Island started as a bit piece on a thread at ST, but it was a tad lost and so I thought I would revive it here and see how it does on its own. Glad you stopped by!

Yoder 7652   Please do come back! Monkey Island has it all.... Bananas, more bananas, and.... bananas!

Nardo69   Wow! You know their national anthem!!! Lol!

Vester      Monkey Island will be back with a new episode soon! So tune back in!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Fledder200

yes i know...so i thought...why not? :)
i hope to be the 2000th replyer aswel :)  :thumbsup:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

TheTeaCat

What an unusual idea :D. I like this seems sorta fun &apls. I shall tune in same time same place on the Monkey station.

Do the monkeys like Tea?
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Mighty interesting and innovative terraforming you have going on here. I'll enjoy watching this region develop.
And would somebody pass the fruit salad please?

Until next time...
Joan

Schulmanator

Fledder200   Yep! Now YOU are #1!!!

TheTeaCat   Thanks! Glad you like it thus far. The monkeys love tea, by the way. They like theirs with 2 sugars and a banana!

Jmouse    Thanks! It is a bit different than my usual stuff. Fruit salad—yummy, yummy! (sorry, an awful Wiggles reference!) Come back to Monkey Island anytime!

TheTeaCat

How about some Banana Tea - it really does taste superb :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

emilin

Steep hills and silly jokes - the trade marks of a true Schulmanator journal. &apls

I think I'm going to love this. Can't wait for more. Really... give us more! ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Schulmanator

TheTeaCat  Sounds great! I'll be right over!

Emelin  Glad to hear from you again. I miss seeing you in Schulmania. I have to say - you noted my trademarks quite accurately!!

Pat

LoL tooo bad im alllready there lol... i hope to see an update soon - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Looking forward to the second update... :)

nova vesfalo

^fair trade bananas :)
Wow-ing , Mokeys rule !! and the city is nice looking ! Banana trees everywhere :) and cliff to climb !!