• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LHD Version Update Mod

Started by ebina, July 04, 2008, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebina

LHD Version Update Mod(LHDUP) is a fix for LHD version of SC4. I started this project since EA/Maxis didn't add an option to switch the position of signs/stoplights for LHD version players. Here's a screenshot of a few intersections included in the first beta.

More intersections have been modified. Try beta version and post bug report and suggestions here. Files are attached to this post. Please read the following part(readme is not included).

"$Deal"$ Where to install: After unzipping the files, you'll see files are separated by folders. It tell you where to install files. Copy the files according to those separated folders.

LHDUpdate_Props.dat, z_LHDUpdate_Texures.dat and zzzz6_LHDUpdate_Euro_Textures.dat are in the first attachment named LHDUpdate_Essentials.zip for these three files will not be updated for the present.

LHDUpdate_Props.dat - This file contains additional props modified from Maxis' prop. It does not replace anything, existent items including custom lots should not be affected.

1 and 5 are already in game. This time I have added 3 and 7 which are flipped models of 1 and 5 as the new props for the LHD version. By this modification, green plate in the arm always can be turned to the same direction as the stoplights are facing to.
2, 4, 6 and 8 are shortened models of 1, 3, 5 and 7. These are used in the roads. There's a small graphic glitch in 4 and 8. Look at the top of the pole, it's corrupted a little as you can see. It's a side effect caused by manually shortened S3D. And this glitch may not be able to be fixed.

z_LHDUpdate_Texures.dat and zzzz6_LHDUpdate_Euro_Textures.dat - These files contain textures for railroad crossings. First file is for standard road textures. Second file is for SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod. Second file doesn't include textures for avenue and street, so it needs to be loaded after first file(and other ERTM files). If you are not using ERTM, don't install second file.

z_LHDUpdate_NetworkLots.dat - Network lots(aka type 21 exemplars) are in this file. New network lots will appear on the newly laid networks. Of existent networks, simply redraw them with appropriate network tools.

z_LHDUpdate_PATHs.dat - Updated SC4PATH files are in this file. I don't edit actual paths that define how pedestrians and vehicles can commute. I have added only stop-points for the LHD version. Thus your sims shouldn't lose their commute route by installing this file.

Last update: April 12, 2009
- At the moment modified tiles are Maxis ones only, excluding one way road, highways and diagonal road. These and NAM tiles will be modified in the future version. Also I haven't yet edited stop-points required to activate animation of stoplights. Current version is merely eyecandy. A few stoplights are working with Maxis' paths at some intersections, though. I'll modify them later.
January 19, 2009
- LHD level crossings for heavy rails have been merged into the NAM January 2009 release. They have been removed from the LHDUP.
April 12, 2009
- New railroad crossing textures for dedgren's rail textures has been released.

For people who want to play in LHD mode but have RHD version, follow this tutorial by RippleJet.
SC4 Registry: How to Switch Languages and Driving Sides

Andreas

While I don't need an LHD mod, I couldn't help noticing that you placed the stoplights for road intersections in front of the intersection, like it is common for Europe. I certainly know how much work it is to modify the T21 Exemplar files, but I was wondering if you could create an Euro RHD mod for those as well, now that you extracted the T21's anyway... :)
Andreas

ebina

Quote from: Andreas on July 04, 2008, 12:49:20 PM
While I don't need an LHD mod, I couldn't help noticing that you placed the stoplights for road intersections in front of the intersection, like it is common for Europe. I certainly know how much work it is to modify the T21 Exemplar files, but I was wondering if you could create an Euro RHD mod for those as well, now that you extracted the T21's anyway... :)
Someday, may... ::) If I start it, I'd like to use different signs/stoplight armpoles, not only moving props. Do you know any nice props?

Andreas

Hmm, royal once tried to BAT a German stoplight; there's an "Ampelanlage" file in his folder in the SFBT Testcenter, but I don't know if it's the most current version. I'm sure that there would be quite some interest for a mod like this, so I should drop him a note about this. :)
Andreas

ebina

I know I'm bumping an old thread...
Small update. This time's is not actual update, I just removed textures and a few T21s.

I wonder how many LHD members noticed this... If you installed the NAM's left hand version plugin come with January 2009 release, you should get LHDfied level crossings for heavy rails. It also includes supports  for diagonal streets that were not in the LHDUP V001.

Of euro version of road textures, it will be included into the next version of the Euro Road Textures Mod. I already sent textures to Andreas.

V001a is not a new version. If you already have V001 you don't need to download V001a.

ebina

Since I created LHD level crossing textures based on the Maxis version, even if you installed dedgren's rail textures level crossings were overridden by the NAM's Left Hand Version Plugin. To resolve the issue I created a mod. This is a byproduct from the new version of the One Way Railroad Crossings Sidewalk Mod (OWRRX) which is being revamped for dedgren's rail textures.

The mod contains only LHD textures for the standard roads, the euro roads and the diagonal streets at this point. You can add grasses to diagonal tiles as well as the OWRRX by installing optional files. A sample picture below is a combination of the LHD Euro Road and grass option for low density zones.

The mod can be downloaded here :

EDIT: Removed the download as of July 24th 2009. Please download the Railroad Crossings Sidewalk Mod.

jdenm8

I'm not sure if I'm beating a dead horse here (and I know it's been a loooooooong time), but is this going to be updated for NWM and TuLEP compatibility?
I love this (I can actually see what's happening now) and am just curious.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

pierrebaptiste

Hello have you a news about MTR v4 euro road/rhm texture in lhd version ?