• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

It is US textures NAM 35. I never installed NAM 33 or 34.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

Can you confirm that the method shown in the video is what you are trying though. Because it's working fine with my NAM 35 install, which shouldn't be any different to the release version. It looks like a texture is missing, but that would be kinda odd. In which case you could try seeing if the 8S fix attached to this post helps. Although that should have been included in NAM 35.

Kitsune

I followed it just now ... it worked, for one rotation. It seems to affect the other 3. My method is to draw out the 6s and then use starters to get it to convert.
~ NAM Team Member

Kitsune

Also found another bug: The type B1 narrow exit overplop will not overplop the deprecated B1 ramp. The A1 however still works.
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on April 23, 2017, 08:08:35 AM
Also found another bug: The type B1 narrow exit overplop will not overplop the deprecated B1 ramp. The A1 however still works.

I don't think that one has ever worked, and my previous attempts to fix it met with abysmal failure.  It's probably just going to be removed from the menu.

I'll investigate the other issue later, once I'm at my desktop PC again (currently on my phone in a hotel in Arizona).

-Alex

mgb204

I was looking at it again last night (8S D2 Wide), oddly it seems I just happened to pick the right (or wrong) rotation when I made the video. But indeed there are problems in the other rotations. Sometimes I can get a preview texture to appear when hovering over the missing tile. But I'd have to assume this is a code issue, since it's only affecting three rotations. It you keep the 8S as a 6S after the interchange (so that's 6S with 4S branch, opposed to two 4S networks from the ramp), then all four rotations work. Otherwise the normal D (non wide) and E (diagonal) variants seem fine too. So I'd use one of those as a work-around for now.

Kitsune

... the interchange itself has two unflippable tiles but its such a nice interchange that I'm just living with it. You should btw buy a lottery ticket :). On the narrow b1 front, could the lane exit/entrance just be shifted a tiny bit? As if you use the RHW Disconnect 3 times from the straight portions you can get the flex fly to fit perfectly to the ramp except for the textures not lining up:

~ NAM Team Member

Wiimeiser

Is there a way to get inside ramps without having to use the deprecated ramp pieces? If there is then I can't seem to find it anywhere. Doing it the normal way just deconverts it to a RHW-2.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Back now from Arizona (and I did indeed buy a Powerball ticket while I was there ;D).  Lots of absolutely gorgeous freeways there--the Loop 101 and 202 are amazing.

Regarding the 8S D2, if it's working in only one rotation, it likely points to an INRUL issue, rather than a RUL2 issue.  RUL2 doesn't look at absolute cardinal directions, but relative directions, so something partially broken there likely would likely result in either the exit or entrance version malfunctioning.  The cosmetic pieces--and the overplops, especially, are kind of unofficially legacy items, since they're puzzle-based (and many aren't even on the P57 scheme).  I'd say an alternate implementation--perhaps tying in with the FTLs--would be more likely at this point.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 26, 2017, 06:15:50 PM
Is there a way to get inside ramps without having to use the deprecated ramp pieces? If there is then I can't seem to find it anywhere. Doing it the normal way just deconverts it to a RHW-2.

If you're using the Draggable Ramp Interfaces, the Inside Ramps have separate patterns from the Outside Ramps, mainly due to the fact that the MIS orientation on the base RHW-2 version causes issues if the same pattern is used.  This chart from woodb3kmaster shows the Inside Ramp patterns, along with all the others.

Additionally, the A1 Inside and B1 Inside setups also exist in FLEXRamp form, at the end of the FLEXRamps button.  The base network for both FLEXRamps is MIS.  The D1 Inside and E1 Inside only exist as DRIs presently, though are planned to receive FLEXRamp treatment in a future release.

-Alex

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on April 26, 2017, 06:39:15 PM
Back now from Arizona (and I did indeed buy a Powerball ticket while I was there ;D).  Lots of absolutely gorgeous freeways there--the Loop 101 and 202 are amazing.

Regarding the 8S D2, if it's working in only one rotation, it likely points to an INRUL issue, rather than a RUL2 issue.  RUL2 doesn't look at absolute cardinal directions, but relative directions, so something partially broken there likely would likely result in either the exit or entrance version malfunctioning.  The cosmetic pieces--and the overplops, especially, are kind of unofficially legacy items, since they're puzzle-based (and many aren't even on the P57 scheme).  I'd say an alternate implementation--perhaps tying in with the FTLs--would be more likely at this point.

-Alex

cool. I love these ramps as they allow to depict a 1930's era expressway that has had little modification done to it since. Sharp corners, narrow exits / entrance (somtimes without slip lanes...) and even a random street intersecting with MIS before or after it meets the road/ave.
~ NAM Team Member

Wiimeiser

Has there ever been a way to split this RHW setup? I don't see one, which is strange considering such an option exists for the 10S...

Seaman

Quote from: Wiimeiser on May 07, 2017, 12:55:59 AM
Has there ever been a way to split this RHW setup? I don't see one, which is strange considering such an option exists for the 10S...

Yes, there is such an option. It's the 8S A2 outside ramp. You can look it up here. Be careful to drag the pattern exactly as shown in the table (note that the colours indicate the order to drag as described above the table).

matias93

Do you have any idea about how to do this more reasonablily? My first thought was to use a RHW-2 flexfly, but it doesn't exist (it is because of the bidirectional pathing? now I'm curious and that's why I post this here).

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mgb204

The lack of support for the RHW-2 flexfly is actually a technical one, it ensures the overrides are more stable. In short by not supporting the base network (RHW-2), it means once the game sees the override network, it has no code that could cause the override to revert to the base network. This in turn makes them work much better for every other network, at the cost of RHW-2 support, which isn't really so commonly used for interchange building.

What I'd do is use Drag/Flex based WRCs for the RHW-2, moving things such that the networks crossing it did not do so as part of the curves. Using two 45° bends in this way, with a strech of diagonal where the overpasses are would work. It might require some changes to the placement of other networks though, but the basic curve pattern (R1) is a pretty small footprint), so it really depends on what curves you want.

It might be helpful to see exactly what other connections/networks will eventually be used here. Right now it's not so clear how the entire interchange will come together. As such, it's hard to factor into the advise given. It might be a solution for example to split the MIS to the outside and not the middle? But I can't be sure this is even helpful without an idea of the whole.

matias93

Well, that seems like a very logical reason...

I ended keeping the weird double curve because it was smooth enough, and built the intersection around it. Certainly, on the previous image it is hard to discern what is happening, but I guess this one is much clearer.

The super wide avenue is meant to reduce its median after this interchange, and to go over a rail yard, so there will be more on-slope weirdness ahead. It is truly impressive how many things one can do with your tools, guys; once again, you are our Mod Heroes!  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Wiimeiser

Could this perhaps be worked around with WRHW2 support in the (unlikely) event that WRHW2 is ever made draggable?

mgb204

Since it's an override network, yes there would be no problem supporting it as such, IF it was made draggable.

Wiimeiser

That's why I said unlikely. It'd most likely be part of the RHW FTLs if at all...

j-dub

Quote from: mgb204
RHW-2 support, which isn't really so commonly used for interchange building.

Oh no? I still favor RHW-2 use for at-grade cross junctions featuring turn lanes without traffic signals, but I feel I've seldom seen others use it. It comes in handy.

Wiimeiser

Can we get some inside ramps for DDRHW? I'm surprised they're the only RHW network that doesn't have them (other than the C networks for obvious reasons...)

Also, is it just me or is the RHW FlexHeight the only puzzle piece that destroys things to the side when it's demolished? I can't find anything else that has rail in it like that...