SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

NAM 36 is here!

Author Topic: Tyberius Lotting Experiments  (Read 10436 times)

Offline jaredh

Re: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:13 AM »
These canals are pretty fantastic.

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:13 AM »

Offline noahclem

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
Really interesting project! Hope the canals can help me with my city--I'm having a heck of a time figuring how to handle water above sea level as I really haven't done it in forever. It started when my computers (3 and 4 computers ago) struggled to run a city full of stuff and I intentionally kept lots of game water in large tiles to keep things manageable  :D Thought I would use JENX poseidon stuff for most uses but am disappointed with the look and options with the lake paint lots and the "rain effect" water is so difficult and unpredictable to work with that I'm now just planning on raising the sea level when I work on that part of the city  :facepalm:

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »
Hi everyone!

The preveiously showed Heretic-Tariel Various Plaza set now is available only on STEX (at this moment):

Heretic-Tariel Various Plaza Lots

Huge thanks to tariely who put a lot of work into this project and made the nightlights on these lots and also made a lot of new plaza variations to our joy. The pack contains altogether 21 lots, 18 medium plazas 2x3/3x2/2x4/3x4/4x3, and 3 large plazas 6x5.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

P.S: the next couple of days more stuff will be coming, more plazas, and canals etc... :)

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »
I double my own thread, sorry for that! :)

Hi everyone!

New day and I'm bothering you with a new release again. Still stick with the plazas and an other team-up with Tariely brought the Heretic-Tariel EBLT Plaza Expansion (Mirror Pieces) set up to the surface. It's available on the STEX.

Huge thanks to Tariely who put a lot of work into this project and made the nightlights on these lots and also made a few new plaza variations to our joy. The pack contains altogether 17 lots made a nice addition to io_bg's original EBLT Plaza Set. Special thanks to rivit for the extra overlay texture.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

P.S.: In the following days I will release two of Paeng's stuff, which have never been released on the STEX. One of them is the Urban Recreational Canal set, originally was released on SimPeg... Other is a used to be possible forum attachment the Paeng's PEG-PPOND Tahoe Pontoon Boats (on picture).

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »

Offline Unconstantean

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2017, 07:16:03 PM »
The boats - already love'em. One question, can you release the boats as water ploppables or mmp?

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2017, 07:16:03 PM »

Offline mrbisonm

• The Nexian
  • CL: In Fred We Trust
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
Wow, beautiful boats, only one problem.....they're definitively way too big as shown. Nice though. ! Hope you'll resize them?

Fred

Back on the Job, starting slowly  again to model (.........Finishing the MFP1)

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

Offline Tyberius06

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
mrbisnm/Fred and Unconstantean,
Thanks for the comments. These boats are not my work. Probably they were made by Pegasus, in this form they haven't been released officially yet, probably they appeared to the first time somewhere in Paeng's Support/Development topic over at SimPeg as a forum attachment. The original models in the CDK3 Rec-Boats resource.dat, and the merged CDK3 Superpak and Paeng made new prop examplars from them for this release.
Anyway, I won't modify anything on these or the canal set (I don't have permission to change anything, nor the necessary skills), because what I'm up to right now, is a restoration work, since the demise of SimPeg page, these files are no longer available.
So the boats will come as you see on the picture at the first time, however I'm about to make an expansion for the Urban Canal Set, which will use these boat props on some of the lots.

Although I have a question to more skilled players and modders. Is there a way to change these props such a way to not being offsets/overhanging? Other thing, I don't see problem with the size of the boats, as I see these are party/restaurant sightseeing boats (probably there is a better expression for them, but my limited english vocabulary...), but if I want to change the size I would need to use the model tweaker tool, I guess, but I don't really have experience with that, specially that uses some kind of factor measurement instead of percentage, and the last time I saw a guide for that tool, the picture links were broken.

So, this will come as is, to restore Paeng's work, the models/props can be found in the above mentioned packs...

- Tyberius

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Offline vortext

« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2017, 01:29:55 PM »
Although I have a question to more skilled players and modders. Is there a way to change these props such a way to not being offsets/overhanging?

yes, the modeltweaker can actually do that as well.  :D

Also, don't be intimidated by the scaling factor. I'm not sure either what exactly is meant but often times I treat it as were it a percentage and usually comes out fine. If not, remember what settings you used previously and just try again with slight difference.  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2017, 01:29:55 PM »

Offline mattb325

• CL:
    SC4D Housing Authority
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »
Great job on the new lots  &apls

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »

Offline reddonquixote

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »
I don't think I've seen this thread before, these are really beautiful. Well done  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »

Offline Simmer2

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »
Well done Tibi &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

Latest News

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 77 queries.