• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No road traffic showing in cities

Started by Deli9022, November 21, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deli9022

I have recently re-installed SC4 Deluxe edition plus NAM add on and for some reason after running NAM setup I do not see any traffic on the roads or ELR in my cities.

I tried removing SC4 and NAM and re-installing SC4, but still no traffic.

What have I done wrong?

Tarkus

There could be a number of things at play, and it also depends on what you mean by "traffic".  Are you referring to the appearance of vehicles on the Roads/ELR, or that the Route Query and Traffic Congestion/Volume DataViews are now showing a volume of 0, where there once was usage?

If it's the former--which I'm guessing it is from your description--it may be related to the option you selected for the NAM Automata Plugins.  I believe the default (selected automatically if you don't do a Custom Installation) is a "24-hour" option, which means that the vehicles (automata) will follow the 24-hour game clock, and will tend to be heavy during peak morning and evening commute hours, but lighter (to almost nothing) during off-peak hours.  Re-installing and going to a non-24-hour option will give you behavior more similar to the game's default.  There are also "Radical" and "Persistent" options, which can be selected in conjunction with 24/non-24-hour settings, and those will actually up the amount of automata (and the time they appear visible) beyond the Standard option.

Note that for such a re-install, you can simply run the installer again, without having to remove/uninstall the mod.  The installer should (in most cases) remember your earlier options this way, and all you'd have to do is change that one checkbox in Custom Installation and go from there.

Hopefully, that at least gives you a starting place.

-Alex

Deli9022