• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK GLR Trains

Started by vester, June 24, 2008, 09:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Wow! This tram looks really great Vester, You model looks promising !
Can't wait to see more of it,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

praiodan

A very nice model, Arne. I'm looking forward to some more skin variations of it and hope that I get my hands asap onto them... Even though it is currently perfectly impossible to play the game for me!  ::)  ;)

vester

Thank you.

Here is a in-game picture the first tram:

Bergen Lightrail, orange version.

Yes there is other skins on the way as well

vester

Here is some more screenshots:

Bergen Lightrail, white version.

London Tramlink (Croydon)

London Tramlink (blue version)

Amsterdam GVB

Helsinki, olivengreen/yellow

tag_one

Lovely work Arne! They've become very nice :thumbsup:
Will be hard to decide which one I'm going to use  :-\

io_bg

Great work on these trams! My personal favourite are the last two ones :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jmouse

The trams look great, Arne! I've never used GLR before, but you've given me the inspiration I need to learn more about it. So I'll put my order in for a red, a blue and a green one, please! :)

Later...
Joan

vester

Glad that my work can inspire you to use GLR.

I did a little extra model for the trains and here is what one of the trains looks like after Jan have done his magic:

Thank you Jan.

Andreas

Well, I told you this in private already, but I guess I should post it here as well... I really liked Arne's (vester's) new tram model, but admittedly, I didn't like the gap between the cars, so I asked if there was something to prevent that. This was when Jan (Swamper77) stepped in and offered his help, with an amazing result as pictured above. Splendid work, you two - you are truly the masters of custom automata. :)
Andreas

vester

Thanks Andreas.

I still haven't got the files from Jan.

Have finished one more skin:

Inspired by the Metro in Prague, Cz.

Working on one more skin.

Comments are welcome.

jplumbley

Vester! That is awesome... no more gaps.  Keep up the good work buddy.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

rooker1

Hey Vester,
I haven't been in here for awhile....I feel very bad, especially after I look at all these great pics.
I do wonder, though, if it's possible to add some sort of texture so they look not so brand new.  And the white sometimes looks too bright.  Other than that, I love how they look.
Great work my friend.  &apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

vester

Hi Robin and Jp. Thanks for our comments.

Robin: I will give it a try to make the trains more "dirty".  I did give it a try, but maybe I need to make them more "greyish"

Jmouse

Looking forward to seeing these in my own region - you've done a fine job, Arne!

Later...
Joan

inspecter

Nice trams my friend. I wonder if there would be more skins?

tag_one

^^ Don't worry, knowing the tram master there will be plenty of new skins in the future to chose from  ;)

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

jeanmi

joelyboy911

These are really great vester. It's hard for me to choose a favourite one. I wonder if you would consider making a replica of the trams in Bordeaux, France. They use a ground level power supply (so no need for the catenary aerials). The look is similar to some you have already produced, but not quite the same.

Though it has a push-me-pull-you type system, I think I speak for the collective when I say that no-one minds the fact that this is impossible to achieve in SC4.

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian