• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Jeroni sir there is no words to exclaim here in Mallorca!!!! I cant wait to see what happens next thats for sure!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Even though construction is sometimes temporary, you have truly put the best effort into the construction lot.  If that's a shortcut, then I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed lot, because I have a feeling that it will be great.  Keep up the good work, Jeroni!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

If that's not realistic I really don't know what is! Utterly marvelous!  &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

danielcote

Very nice pier is it custom made?  &apls  &apls

jeronij

Hello again dear Mallorca visitors  ;D ¡¡¡

Better later than ever....  ::) ... I finally found enough free time to prepare and post some more pictures about the Port de Soller development. Since the fishing harbour and the navy base are more or less completed -still some ships  missing yet  ::) - Mayor Jeroni decided to move inland and try to reproduce a RL ammo bunkers existing in this mountainous area of Port de Sóller, keeping in mind the unavoidable game limitations...  $%Grinno$%  :D  :D

First some replies to your always encouraging feedback  :thumbsup:

Matt, thanks for your comment, I am glad you see it this way, the way it really is  ;)

Arthur, thanks for your always kind support  :thumbsup:

Guillaume, HD, HQ...  ::) ... who cares...??  $%Grinno$% ... the result is the important thing here  :D :D

Stijn, thanks for the compliment, I am glad you like the second pier, it took a while to find and put all the props and textures togheter, but the result wasnt that bad  ;D

Kimcar, thanks for your ongoing feedback and support  ;D

Luke09, thanks, it is always hard to keep the section's quality standards.... but I am on my way to this  ;)

Pete, thanks for your feedback ¡¡

_maciex_  ;)

Luciano, thank you, this was a very special model, and I like the final result as well  ;D

kelis, Gracias ;)

David, thanks for dropping some feedback, and well, what can I say?, I live in a (most of the time) sunny island  :thumbsup:

Pat, also thanks for your feedback. I hope you like whats coming next  ;)

metarvo, thanks, I mentioned that this construction lot was special for me, and I am really glad you like it.... what will it grow from here...??... we'll see ...  $%#Ninj2

nerdly_dood, thanks for the feedback, I am glad you find it realistic  :thumbsup:

danielcote, yes it is a custom made lot, which includes several custom made props, besides some other excellent props from BSC & SFBT

UPDATE 15   -  THE "HIDDEN" AMMO SILOS

Before we proceed inland, I wanted to post this picture, because it shows some changes from earlier ones, since I had to rework the area, and also modify some lots and remove some props which were lost during my plugins folder update. I hope the new result is equally good as the previous one...  ;D
\/

So, lets start moving... this is the mountainous area mentioned above. I left the grid on so you can better appreciate the terrain contours....
\/

Some network infrastructure was needed to give access to the area... it also helps to create some "buildable" terrain, and spot the better locations for the incoming lots...
\/

Initially a multiple bunker was placed in the only flat terrain area there... it is the same lot used in the navy base, and perhaps there is too much wall texture there, but it is the best placement I was able to accomplish  ;D . Also a small maintenance hangar and some officces are place in the main area.
\/

After this I searched some other alternative placement for additional bunkers... after all, in real life they are as much dispersed as possible...  ;D
\/

I created a variant from the original bunkers lot, and I found some additional places for them, which are more or less credible, and also difficult to access in case of an hipotetical aerial bombardement....  ::)
\/

I added some trees here and there to help camouflage, and this is the final result, clockwise.... in this view there is not much that can be seen from the bunkers base... a bad approach path in case of bombing raids....  $%Grinno$%
\/

Turning left, this is the most exposed side of the area... but even so, and attack from this side wouldnt be able to harm one of the bunkers....
\/

Turning left again, only one of the bunkers and the hangar-offices building could be hit from this side...
\/

And finally my favourite one...  ;D ... where are the bunkers ??? ??  :D :D :D
\/

I hope you like the new update  ;D. I really enjoyed building it  :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for your visit. I hope you enjoy it  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

That is pretty sneaky Jeroni :thumbsup:

I haven't popped into Mallorca for a while but I have been lurking around on previous updates. As always my friend, I love the attention to detail and realism!

This bay area is simply beautiful.

Can't wait for more ;)

AJ

Sim City 4 Devotion

io_bg

Looks great jeronij! Nice job! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

BarbarossaS

Great work on those bunkers, quite realistic besides the wall texture, that is too high in my opinion. Maybe you could try and make a texture thats more like the rock mod your using, so it would appear that your bunkers are really built in the hill, just a thought.

Though I say it again, it's already great work!

-Stijn-

danielcote

Beautiful city it has that hilly south american feel.

metarvo

Very good, Jeroni!  The piers look great.  I can't see the bunkers in the last picture, but I'm guessing that they're on the other side of that hill, which would really place them close to the center of the pic.  Placing the bunkers inside the hill is quite realistic.  Keep up the good work!

&apls
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Nexis4Jersey

Nice , Port DE Soller update :thumbsup:, are you going to do the Soller - Palma Tramway and tunnel?

Ps. I might go to Palma this Summer for a 8 vacation !

kimcar

&apls &aplsGreat work. i like the type of bunker that you have done.

art128

Looks wonderful Jeroni !! It's always amazing how you put the streets along the mountain my friend. Aso, the bunkers looks very realistic where they're placed.  :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:

PS - 333th replies !  :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Great work on the 15th update there! Nice pictures of that beautiful town! :thumbsup:
Nice work on the bunkers, too! :thumbsup:

futurama2506

&apls  &apls  &apls

I never knew you had a cj until now, this is fantastic! Bravo

jeronij

Hello to all again  ;D

Thanks for the kind feedback  :thumbsup:

I have not much time for replies today  ::), so I'll go direct to the point  ;)

As mentioned some time ago in a previous update, I have the luck to be able to test some of the new amazing terrain textures created by Ennedi and Rayden  ;D

This is a Sandstone mod which fits quite nicely with the real mountains around the area...
\/

Adam (Ennedi) also provided me with some detachmentn textures, which give some interesting ways to "decorate" the terrain...
\/

Another nice example....
\/

I placed this picture simply because I like it so much...  ::)
\/

These are the cliffs under the Cap Gros lighthouse...
\/

And an overall view on the bay... from this zoom level the rock mod looks magnificent  ()stsfd()
\/

This is how it looks like on the other side of the bay, on the harbour area... some details have been blurred purposely...  ;)
\/

And finally another example about the versatile detachment textures...
\/

I hope you like the new terrain features as much as I do  :thumbsup:

I'll try to reply you and post a regular update as soon as possible  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

io_bg

This rock mod is great and fits really well! Can't wait to see more!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

Those rocks are beautiful, Jeroni!  It will be interesting to see what secret you might have for us in the blurred area.  :)

&apls

Ennedi

The coastline looks really great Jeronij, I'm glad and honoured you decided to show our poor attempts in so exclusive place as Port Soller  :thumbsup:

This rock mod is a bit repetitive now. Those repetitions will be removed in future versions, but it will take some time - it needs changing a few game parameters which affect other textures too, so we will have to make new terrain textures. But now I have a little tip: You can remove some repetitions by tricky sculpting the coastline  ;D. You can take a terraforming tool (I suggest God Mode ones with decreased size and strength - especially the soft valley, soft hill and softening tool from the levelling group (Shift 2 -4, Shift F3 -F5, edit: switch to Zoom 4 or 5) work good in this task, and move the tool over repetitive formations here and there. This way you will distort a bit some of them and they will not look so repetitive. The same can be done on flat surfaces when more than one texture appears - very subtle softening, raising or lowering the terrain can help to show more textures. Personally I like very much this kind of playing with terrain textures. Of course you must take care about anything which was built around  ;D

Adam

Edit: me and Silvio will think about a few terrain textures for your terrain mod to harmonize them better with the coastline. As I remember from Ibiza, rocks and ground near the sea are rather yellow/grey, and the characteristic red ground is visible mostly inside an island. We will try to make something similar.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

art128

Simply stunning my friend, that rock mod make that area looking extremely realistic. I like the picture blurred.
Looking forward to more and more !

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog