• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

WoW

you astound as ever &apls

That is some very tight building space you have to deal with and the hill will certainly be a challenge ;) :D

I like the start you have made to the base too.
this is a project to rival 3RR particularly as you are solo'ing it :D :D

Can't wait to see what you do next
ok I'll put the kettle on while I wait :)
have this one on me Jeroni

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sebes

Port de Soller is turning out the be a true jewel Jeronij. I love the atmosphere in the town. I hope it's as nice in RL too!  The military cape is looking great....and I am loooking forward to see how you finish that cape.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

c.p.

Very nice!  I especially like the military area and the spring/canal.  It looks like a challenging terrain to work with, but everything is turning out great so far. :thumbsup:

bat

Great result on that town in the hill! And also wonderful starting of the military base!
Looking forward to more of it...

Jmouse

Ah yes, many buildings in a small area - a frequent topic of conversation among my teammates since we live in three essentially different worlds! Your work is, indeed, a very interesting process to watch and I am especially intrigued by the way the streets and roads are shaping up on the slopes.

And at last there will be a military base - a long-awaited development! ;)

Until next time...

Joan

Pat

Jeroni you never ceast to amaze me, great and wonderful update here!!! BTW are you planning to release any of the custom stuff you have made so far for Mallorca???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Speloncato - Corsica (France)

Living myself in a mediterranean country ( How lucky we are , isn't it ?  ;) ) , I have to say that your work about this theme is the finest known ... Thanks to Mickebear , Odd from sweden & frogface too .

Building on slopes , zoning on rocks , learning to fly ... you would be good enough to build one of these small villages of Corsica - one of my dreams - . Hehe , why the greatest and most interesting challenges are always about the smallest things ?  ::)

Your mastery feeds my interest ( which really needs to be fed currently ) for this game , again & again ... Thank you Jeroni ! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

P.S. ; I went to Palma in the 80's and I remember its splendid cathedral ( for Debussyman ? ) but not to Port de Soller (the name sounds french  ()what() ) . That's looks a beautiful and very scenic place . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Alfred.Jones

I cannot believe how good you are at building on slopes!! $%Grinno$%

Mine always turn out like... well you understand ;D

Awesome work as always Jeronij!!

Looking forward to more mate :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

rooker1

I find your game style very intriguing, always.  Your ability to build on slopes and still have it look realistic is outstanding.  I have always said I have no patience for this type of terrain, but I have been challenged to do my next region on something a little more less flat.  I think I may try, but no where near like yours.
I can't wait to see the stream coming down from the mountains.  I hope you may have some pictures from that area as well next update.  ;)
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jeronij

Hello dear Mallorca visitors  ;D

TTC, thanks for that cup of tea. Really welcome   ;)

sebes, c.p., bat, Alfred.Jones, thanks for your kind comments and support  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡, you make this MD worth it  ;D

Pat, I plan to release most of the custom content I am making for Mallorca, it is just a matter of time  ;)

Badsim, this is a really nice challenge  :thumbsup: . I can already visualize a SC4 Spelocanto's version ...  $%#Ninj2 ...  ::) .I have to agree with you about the smallest things being the hardest to achieve  ;) .Also,  I want to specially thank you because of your mastery when it comes to create lots  :thumbsup: . You really opened my mind and made my cities creation "easier"  $%Grinno$%  &apls &apls

Rooker, it will take some time until I develop that stream... I hope you find the waiting time enjoyable as well  ;)

Now, with no further delay, some more pictures... before I continue the military base, which will require many custom content, I noticed that the docks area near the train station was not finished yet....

Port de Soller - Finishing the Docks

This is the area being worked.... I placed an industrial tower as a placeholder....

The first lot was a TE connection, which included the end for the docks...also some boats props here and there.... I also placed one of my old Shore Conforming Seawalls to set the break between the different docks areas....

I also BATted a small semi-diagonal piece to fill in the other remaining lot....

.. it starts to look better, but far from what I wanted... but I decided to continue with the other fishing docks...

... I created some more custom models and lots, and started to place them....

... they dont look exactly as expected (again  ::) ) but it gave the desired look to the area...

.... some perspectives on the work in progress...

.... I hope you like them...

... and some overall looks on the whole situation...

... from the military base point of view...

... and I decided  to go back to the diagonal docks.... I hope you can already notice the change...  $%Grinno$%

... well, I guess here you can see it better....

... I decided to re-BAT the filler piece again, and this time it covers all the tiles...

.... this way I could add some additional details, like the concrete pylons and some other stuff...

... and the whole area looks more "solid" now....  ;D

For those who didnt notice what I am talking about,  :P ,this is the final lots combination I used for the area.

I hope you find those pictures nice and interesting  ;D

Feel free to share your feedback  :thumbsup:

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

&apls

The amount of time and effort you put into each area is amazing! Shows how you make such good looking cities :)

I am in love with those seawalls!! :D Cannot wait for them to be released!!

That diagonal looks much better now, it blends in beautifully!

Thanks for the update! Now i must go update my sig :P

Sim City 4 Devotion

Ennedi

Hola Jeronij,

Looking at your new updates is always a good playtime and an excellents source of inspiration for me!  :thumbsup:
Especially tracking the development of your "buildings on slopes" area is fascinating (the reason is obvious - I have some hills in my region too  :D)
And your BATing achievements are really fantastic, both more "serious" objects and all this small stuff which adds a lot to the general look of the area!  &apls
The finishing work is often most time-consuming, but it usually decide if the area looks alive and realistic or not, and you know it very good

It's a great pleasure to visit you here!
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Details  &apls
its all in the details as you say  &apls

And my, how you really put time and effort into getting them right.
I always enjoy coming here and once again this time was no exception,
the whole area now looks so much better and the final bat to cover the whole area- amazing

All in all another superb update,
I off to stick the kettle on- fancy one?

:satisfied:

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

vester

I just enjoy this, all the details you put into it, just like you always have done.

paroch

It's great to see Port de Soller develop.  And the fact you show us your step by step pictures just makes it all the more interesting.  That filler Bat/Lot really does make the difference to the overall look - congratulations.

bat

Fantastic new update there, jeronij! And like that work on that area! It's looking beautiful!

dedgren

More beautiful Mediterranean wonderfulness.  You can just feel the sun on your face and hear the lap-lap-lap of the little waves on the side of the harbor.

Vacation time!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

OMG Jeronij simply wonderful and I love those filler lots!!!! WOW I cant belive the realizm you are doing here and what David said its time for a wonderful Spanish Vacation!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Excellent work. Now there is a way for drivers to access the boat ramp and those BATs you created really bring that area together. Impressive work and great detail. I'll be waiting to see what comes next.
-Matt

thundercrack83

Incredible work, my friend! Absolutely incredible! The amount of time you spend and the attention to detail that you maintain is fantastic!

I'll will definitely be on the edge of my seat, waiting for more!

Dustin