• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callbat

Very nice work, the town is very beautiful and I like the planning that goes into it.
I personally do not find the big walls very attractive but nevertheless the town looks splendid!

I can't wait for your next update!

Glenni

That beach reminds me of a small secluded beach i once stumbled acrros on Tenerife, nice and dark sand ( Volcanic?) burt nobody there &mmm Wonder why, it was much better than that trashy beach in Puerto De La Cruz...

bat

Great work on building on slopes there, jeronij! And wonderful pictures of that hill!! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

metasmurf

Well, this is certainly what you would call pushing the game to its limits. I think you are on to something, and I can't wait to see how you will push the envelope even further with your outstanding work.  :thumbsup:

Yoman

Now that is an excellent application of the games limits my friend. Those retaining walls are incredible as well, very realistic in my opinion. I've enjoyed following this project and my joy has no diminished at all throughout, but increased  :thumbsup:

Pat

Jeroni that is a great step by step on how to fix a bad parking area and also a slope problem, thank you for showing the best stuff at work!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Jeroni,
You must know me well by now, I hope.  ;)
I think your overall layout of the island so far looks great.  I am not one for building on such terrain as I don't usually like the out come of certain situations.  The only problem I see so far is the very high retaining wall in the last update.  I think it looks unrealistic and I'm not saying that, that is what you are going for or not.  But......I'm just saying in this case I don't like how it looks.  Maybe if it was lower and could be hidden from sight by the buildings themselves, than it might look better.  ;)  It just seems too high.
I really envy those that have the patience to build on such terrain as yourself and I know I could not do any better myself.
I do look forward to your next update.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bigberta

I'm pretty sure you could make anything look good on a slope :) Great job  :thumbsup:

warconstruct

splendid works all is very well to organize , and to control you several type of program I that I congratulate you, of share one needs much time for all to implement .

I like the style architectural used here and especially impressing it personal number of batches created here  &apls

hasten to see your next update  ;)

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

jeronij

Hello again dear Mallorca visitors  :thumbsup:

alfred, I used a modified version of my MBEAR Residential lots  ;)

rooker1, since this was my first success with that technique, I'll leave it the way it is.... I just hope I will be able to get better as I can practice a bit more   ;D

To All:  the beach texture I am using in the pictures is not very similar to the real beach in Port de Soller, but I havent found a satisfactory solution to this yet.... give me some time   ::)

Thanks to all for the feedback so far  :thumbsup: , today I will post some more pictures in the hilly town in Port de Soller.... more building on slopes.... ;D

No, with no further delay, lets go with the pictures  ;)

As we climb the hill, we use the recently created new terrain....

Those old houses grew quite soon and nicely here  ;D

And slowly slowly the area starts to take shape.... however still too much rock texture yet

From other points of view, the cliffs are not so evident, and the town looks more dense  ::)

It is a matter of filling all the available space.....

And as we arrive to the top of the hill, some "standard" zoning....

I was too lazy to modell the real church that is placed here in RL, but this one is also nice.... some parks for the childs are also always welcome  ;D

And finally an overall look to the actual situation....

More building on slopes in the next update  ;)

I hope you find the development interesting  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

Like that hilly town in Port de Soller! Great work there! Looking forward to more building on slopes in the next update!

tcx

this is amazing, those houses on slopes look really great, I'm waiting the next update!

thundercrack83

Hey, jeronij!

Someone above said something like, "You can make anything look good on a slope." I would have agreed wholeheartedly with that statement before seeing these latest pictures, but now, I think it's a bit of an understatement! You continue to impress me, my friend! Excellent work!

Dustin

praiodan

This is amazing work jeronij. I've been trying similar slope constructions lately, but they are nowhere near your work...  &apls

rooker1

Great update my friend.  I look at these pics with amazement, I really envy the work you do and the ability to build on such terrain.  I always look forward to updates from you of any kind.  &apls
As for my previous comment, it was just my opinion of what I saw.  I wasn't asking you to actually change it, but maybe keep it in mind for next time.  ;)
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Ennedi

Your buildings on slopes are very interesting for me. The best thing in your updates is showing your "workshop", planning and erection techniques. Sometimes the terraforming and buildings look a bit strange during the creation process, but everything is reasonable and the final effect is very original.

For now I especially like the 6th and 7th pictures because of their interesting perspective. But I'm sure other views will look at least such excellent after some work with flora. It is interesting how much can we done playing with rock and trees together, isn't it?  ;)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

figui

amazing building on slope &apls

looking forward to the next update ;)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Jmouse

This is a most interesting process to watch, jeroni. Thank you for sharing your progress step-by-step.

Until next time...
Joan

panthersimcity4

I love the city on the slopeside, it looks so gorgeous and mediterranean.  ;D

Simpson

It's very good and it's very difficult to make what you do in the mountain.
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas