• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Is it just me or does it seem that the A and the M in the Atom logo seem to be hovering in mid-air?

Regardless... everything looks good, but I'd like to see more people on the streets. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

nedalezz

Wow, amazing MD you got here. You certainly have a definite eye for detail.

I was wondering where I can find those walls seperating the beach from the town...they are great! Atleast thats how you make em look!

vester

Not sure if you got sulf the problem with the resolution, but here is it:

"C:\Games\simcity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CustomResolution:enabled -r1440x900x32 -f -intro:off

Great MD  ;D  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Hey, congratulations on reaching 600 comments, emilin! Islas Gemas is certainly the definition of "Classic!" I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next 600 comments! Until then, my friend!

Berethor

Wonderful update as always  &apls  and congratulations for your 600 comments. 
Loooking forward for more   :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

emilin

Personal replies:

M4346: Hey Marius! How wonderful to see you around again. Are you going to start your old journal up as well?

patfirefghtr: Thanks! I never thought that I would actually use that BAT, but then I thought "What the heck!" and just threw it in there - and I think it looks alright next to an amusement park like that... but it sure is one strange building, hehe...

thundercrack83: Thank you! It's always so nice to see you stop by around here.

rooker1: Thanks a lot! Never underestimate the older BAT:s, hehe...

kwakelaar: Thanks! Funny thing is, I didn't even remember downloading that plaza. I found it as a growable in the lot editor and turned it into a plop landmark. I don't even know who originally made it, but I really like the look of it.

Schulmanator: Yup! It's already started, soon all the beaches will be turned into open sky mines and every building will look like that. :P

ryalmighty1: Wow! Thank you so much!

bat: Thanks, as always, bat!

pvarcoe: Thanks! That is very kind of you. I'm eagerly awaiting more development of Teton, by the way...

Nisha: Thank you! My own cat sadly isn't half as cute - a 5 kg "backstreet mix" whos main interests are scaring the dog and complaining about the lack of food. ;D

flame1396: Thanks! I would have never compaired myself to those people, so that is very kind of you. I don't really remember what those buildings are, but they are nonfunctional landmarks, so I think they are probably pretty old and probably from the STEX.

Shadow Assassin: Thank you! Hmmmmmmmm... I think you are right, they are hovering in midair, hehe... not much to do about that though. ;D

nedalezz: Thanks! Those walls are CSX's Malta Waterfront, and they are available on the LEX.

vester: Thank you! And yes, that did work... never did think it would be that complicated, but I guess with older games like this you never know. ;D

Berethor: Thanks a bunch!

Celebrating 600 comments!

Let me just savour it a minute, will ya? ;D 600 comments is probably about twice the amount I expected to ever get when I started this journal. And, also, being the first (or second if you count 3RR... don't know if David's refering to it as a journal these days... if it had still been a journal we would all be helplessly behind for sure ;)) journal on this site to get to that number seems quite unlikely to me. But - we're here now, and I just wanted to say "Thank you so much!" to each and everyone who has stopped by and left a comment or more during the time Islas Gemas has been around. Thanks!

Click here for large (2 mb) night mosaic of Playa del Paraíso.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Schulmanator

&apls Great job on 600!  &apls

Here's to 600 more!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

thundercrack83

Congrats again, my friend! I thought you were the first to 600, but I wasn't sure! And that celebratory mosaic--simply amazing! And there's only 390+ more comments until 1000!

Pat

Emilin a biiiiiiig congrats on 600 comments and also that mosaic is stunning i love it... its kinda funnie though about Captain jacks how the deck is over hanging over the road lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Oh wow, I just realised I posted comment #600. :P

Congratulations, by the way. :P

Beauty of a mosaic, too.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

NikNik

610!
490 to go!

Wowzers, it's been 4 pages since I visited. Time flies.

Thanks for Club Nick-Nick.
Here is a inside picture:

Wow that mosaic looks stunning!
The use of old (almost ancient bats) and new ones is very well done here. Great that nite pic, all colours come out great now.

Where do you find the time Emil to play so much SC4?

Take care.

Nik-Nik

Strechnitz

My sincere congratulations with this wonderful milestone.!!! &apls
There should be a new category for MD's like your's emilin.
How about "legends" ?  ;D

your updates look great as ever! :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

bat

Congrats about 600+ replies! And the mosaic at night is superb! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rooker1

Congrats on the 600 plus comments for this super Md and I'm you'll double that in no time!

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

threeswept

Yes, congrats on reaching such lofty heights with the comments. The journal is fantastic and I'm so glad to see such wonderful classic BATs from so long ago...some of which have long disappeared from other exchanges. The Playa del Paraíso mosaic is really, really great! What an awesome night shot!!

Badsim

Hi emilin ,

Cedric the Bad is back ... $%Grinno$%
OK , I've been half surprised half entertained by this tribute and subtle allusion to my quasi-exclusive interest (at least work so far) for urban environment . Thank you ... but take care . ;D

I love everything since my last visit comment ... I  was on "Lurker Mod" these last weeks . I can just say like SA that it's a pity about no more people on the streets ...

Congratulations on the 600 comments milestone , this MD is a success and that's totally deserved . &apls

To the next . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

nova vesfalo

&apls :o :thumbsup:
Well I haven't commented for a long time .... let's explain that with the Summer Heat  :-\ . Well All is so GREAT, love the landscapte , you"re a craqueur, love the last mosaic, it's something I wouldn't try myself but you"ve succed and you've created a coherent urban-style !!!! Bravo !!!

kimcar

&apls &apls Congrats for your 600 comments. With great update and very nice mosaic like you done , you are in route for another 600 . Good luck and keep it up.

Yoman

Congrats, now its time to name something gigantic after yourself ;)

thundercrack83

Quote from: Yoman on August 30, 2007, 06:22:56 PM
Congrats, now its time to name something gigantic after yourself ;)

I agree! It's time to honor yourself, my friend! You've definitely earned it and deserve it!