• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HabLeUrG

Oh My God! those beaches look very realistic and well done!! you are the man... I like how you plopped everything perfectly, again excellent work!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

... WELCOME TO PAGE 24! ... BIENVENIDOS A LA PÁGINA 24! ... BIENVENUE POUR PAGINER 24 ...

Shadow Assassin

Mmm, looks good. Can I buy a penthouse there? :P

Preferably with a direct view to the beach.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Khiyana

Oh, I love this wonderful beach, I wish I could spend my next holidays at this place!

Strechnitz

Just stunning Emilin.

Midsummer is one thing. your beaches are even better ;D :thumbsup:

I love those beaches. and also the little wooded cape with the lighthouse. very convincing.

Strechnitz

Snaper

Wonderful update, very beautiful seaside resort   :thumbsup:

The beach magnificiently is well made, I love

Bravo my friend  &apls

Yoman

Its interesting that I look at this update right now, in the middle of a decision on where I should go to vacation :P Can I go there, looks quite nice. Reminds me of the Gold Coast.

kimcar

&apls &apls Wow what a lovely beach you have done. So real .Great pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

Like the rest of your followers I think the beaches are the best, looking very beachy and making me feel miserable here in the rain in late June in Holland.

The resort looks like a typical example of these kind of places, which you can probably find all around the world these days.

A nice update

emilin

Personal replies:

Air6: Thanks! Actually, the weather over here in Sweden is quite good right now, but I'm expecting it to start raining very soon. It always does, hehe...

thundercrack83: Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked the beaches so much, because there is plenty more of them to come.

flame1396: Hehe... *brings out the eye brush and eye paste. :)

Badsim: I already answered that, but of course: thank you for commenting!

Eddie: Thanks a lot and welcome to Islas Gemas! It's quite a long way from the graphics presented in your excellent comic style journal, I know, but we all do it our own special way. Good to know that the beaches were appriciated, and hope to see you around.

HabLeUrG: Thank you so much, and thanks also for opening page 24!

Shadow Assassin: I'm affraid that most of the waterfront property are hotels, so you would have to rent a suite instead. ;D

Khiyana: Thanks! You would be very welcome! ;D

Strechnitz: Thank you! Making the lighthouse area was actually the most fun part of this area, so I'm very happy that you liked it.

Snaper: Thank you so much, Snaper!

Yoman: Thanks! The "Gold Coast"? Where is that? Is it a place or another CJ? Just curious...

kimcar: Thank you!

kwakelaar: Thanks for visiting, and sorry that I made you feel miserable. That was certainly not my intention. ;D

The rest of Paloma

So, let's have a look at the rest of Paloma before we move on to Playa del Paraiso. This update will be mostly about the time share condos, but also the "party district" (that is considerably smaller than what will come in PdP), and the botanic garden.

Oh, and it looks as if we're closing in on 500 comments pretty soon. At the current rate I'm expecting to hit the mark in 1,5-2 weeks. I know I haven't been too generous with honours in this journal, so I thought I have to make up for that. And why not do it all at once. ;D So, everyone who has 10 or more comments noted when we hit the 500 mark will get something named after them in Islas Gemas. Don't miss the opportunity to have your very own beach, a restaurant, a hotel or perhaps even a mountain. ;)

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

flame1396

Sweeeet Update. Nice usage of SOMY's condos!   &apls &apls
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

dedgren

Best. Beaches. Ever.

That's it, my friend.  We will just put out the "Need Not Apply- Position Filled" sign in the beaches category.  You have set the standard.

You know, I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't matter what you place in your cities- it's how you place it.  Stuff I've looked at in the past and thought, "Oh, interesting...but what would one do with it?" you use seemingly as a matter of course and it always looks marvelous.

I have a ratio here of about nine lurks to every post.  I'm taping a "shame on myself" note on my monitor right now.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Eddie

Wow! Islas Gemas definetely has that desert-tropics feel. The ground texture is remeniscent of a dry Mediterranean climate, but the trees really add to the lushness of the environment. Very tropical. I'm impressed as always.

Yoman

Oh my, I can't imagine Pdp is any nicer. Because that is one of the best theme based cities I've ever seen.

And about your questions, this is the Gold Coast in Australiathis is the Gold Coast in Australia.

Snaper

:o I love ... Frankly I think that all is there, very well done, and the result is splendid  &apls &apls

But the direction of your roundabout is in the bad direction  $%Grinno$%

Shadow Assassin

Mmm, sexy. :P I agree with David, that position's been filled. :P

That's a beautiful place. Shame I can't get that penthouse, though, would a small "monetary payment" change your mind? :P

Oh, and drop the file size of your images. Since you've got Photoshop, use Save for Web at 60% quality. It'll give you pictures that look good at just one-fifth to one-quarter of your original image size.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

nova vesfalo

the seaside updates are wow-ing, love the diversity of building'scale ,the beach , do I have to say something on it, since everybody is agree, are the most wonderful one I've ever seen on SC. The road to the light house is charming. The houses ( green-blue roufed and the more 60s-70s styled) fit well in your world ! And the commercial zone with all the parking is sooo "american-feeling", reminds me California :)

As Snaper said, your roundabout isn't well oriented .. :)

thundercrack83

Well, great update, as always, emilin! The row homes in the residential areas look very realistic and that night shot of the lighthouse is one of the nicest pictures I've seen in a while! Great job, my friend!

kwakelaar

These are some excellent images again, I like the combinations of the taller structures and what happens at ground level, also the outside Botanical Garden is looking very nice with the different trees and palms.

Pat

Emilin OMG OMG OMG and WOW WOW WOW there is soooooo much that im in total
aww dropping expriance here... such masterful and very skilled area... so many buildings
i see that i want but to point to the would be tough lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

emilin

Quote from: Snaper on June 30, 2007, 05:54:02 PM
But the direction of your roundabout is in the bad direction  $%Grinno$%

El Snapper Belga - the Belgian Snapper

Many people have noted the "unconventional design" of a roundabout in central Paloma. The mayor of the town has been ignoring the complaints about traffic chaos for a long time, but has now been forced to deal with the issue. The officers of the Paloma police station (located right next to the infamous roundabout) protested loudly that they didn't have time for anything besides filling out accident reports.

Earlier this week the mayor's office ordered the redirection of the roundabout. Some British protesters objected to this "discrimination of left hand people", but the police was there to protect the workers during the repainting of the asphalt.

As an extra feature the old midpiece statue was exchanged for a new, modern, work of art by Gemas based artist Andres Galleano.

The piece is called El Snapper Belga (The Beligan Snapper) which refers to the famous 19th Century Belgian corvette, The Red Snapper, that was one of the first ships to ever reach the shores of Antarctica. On the way home she was badly damaged by a storm and drifted to close to the Zafíro shores where she finally crashed against the shallow rocks outside Paloma and sank. Nobody in the crew survived, but the wreck still lies on the sea floor 35 meters below the surface, and it is now a popular spot for Scuba diving.

Most critics have, however, stated that they don't understand how the fairly abstract monument has anything to do with the old warship.

----------

Just goes to show that I do appriciate when people point out my mistakes. ;)

Also, this can be seen as a small preview of what's to come for everyone how has 10 or more comments noted in this journal when we hit #500 comments (or has been generally helpful to the development of Islas Gemas in other ways).

Now, I'm off to Gothenburg to visit my mother for a few days. Real updates are in the pipeline for when I get back.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine