• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air6

A lot of custom contents for a wonderful MD &apls Your work is excellent. Bravo ;)

Khiyana

Wow, wow, wow! I can't find the right words to explain your amazing work!
I love your islands and the stunning details.
And your Port-tutorial is really great!  &apls

emilin

Personal replies:

bat: Thank you!

thundercrack83: Thanks a bunch! I can't say I've been to 20 Springsteen concerts, sadly. More like three. He doesn't come to Sweden all that often.  ;D

sebes: Thanks! Yes, they do look pretty decent for an early BAT. The size is the major issue, not the look.

jeronij: Thank you. It's good to know I'm not making a complete mess out of your country. ;D

kwakelaar: Thanks a lot! And yes, I have increased the detail of those lots a bit. I'm glad you noticed.

Badsim: Thank you! I'm not sure they are harder to work with, actually. They are a little harder to place side by side, I guess, but since I'm going for a "messy" street network I don't worry about everything fitting perfectly. I'm not quite ready for that overview shot just yet, but it might come with the next update.

Zaphod: Thanks! Colorful is what I'm going for here. And it's going to get even more like that when I build the suburbs.

nova vesfalo: Thank you so much! You might be right about the palace, but I'll have to think a little more about that. I'm quite fond of the all-things-cramped-together-look too.

Yoman: Thanks! Yeah, it looks a bit odd from that particular angle, doesn't it? I don't really know what happened there, since it looks all right from other angles... ah, well, I blame the game. :)

Berethor: Thanks! And watch out for those LBT lots coming up. ;)

Air6: Thank you so much! I follow your work at Desert Ofalla with great interest and I really appriciate your kind words about Islas Gemas.

Khiyana: Thank you, Khiyana! You are much to kind. I'm glad you liked the tutorial too.

Santiago Outskirts and a little teaser

This here will be a rather small update. Let's call it an outskirt special. Even a city located in a narrow valley, like Santiago, has suburbs and outskirts with wasted space and sandy parking lots. So, today we take a look at two different industrial areas, a mall and outlet commercial center, and the finished northeastern port area (located in another city tile) with rundown shops and gas stations.

I will not be showing any overviews this time since I want to develop the city some more before that, but I do have an interesting teaser shot of what's coming next at the end...

And here's the teaser (more to come in a couple of days, stay tuned)  ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

The industrial areas look great, emilin! I love the bottling plants and the sugar plant, and that picture with the canal running through it absolutely beautiful. And that teaser has definitely caught my attention! I'll be looking forward to seeing how it ties in! Great work, my friend!

Yoman

Woot! An update! The warehouses look quite nice, I planned to do the same thing with one of my cities, though it would be near an aircraft construction factory and a major industrial area. The teaser looks great also, I can't wait to try those lots out myself!

bat

This is a wonderful update! Great industrial areas! :thumbsup:

Air6

Islas Gemas is definitely my favourite MD. An update of your MD is a BIG event for me, because i'm sure to see nice pictures. I know that I will like your next update when I see your teaser ()stsfd()

sebes

I agree with Air6: it's also one of my "must follow" MD's, and it was proven again why: great pictures. You have a very good hand in placing these wonderful custom content factories &apls I am looking forward to the promissed areal picture next time !
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

Personal replies:

thundercrack83: Thank you! I hope you liked the result of the new lots too.

Yoman: Thanks! The lots are wonderful. I certainly hope they will be released soon.

bat: Thank you! Industrial areas are among the most fun to build.

Air6: Thanks! I don't know what to say to that. It's just too nice. ;D

sebes: Thanks! Areal pictures coming right up.

Overviews and Los Trepadores

I'm having a few days off right now, and I have tried to put as much time into the game as I possibly can. As you can see from the first images I have now finished Santiago. Development was very fast in the end, much due to the fact that I got the opporunity to test out the new set of Mexican lots from LBT.

Those lots will be the main focus in this update. I have not used the R$ lots yet, only the R$$ and R$$$ lots. Though there are some issues remaining to make them perfect, the look absoloutly stunning in my opinion. I have increased the slope tolerance level on some of them to make them fit the mountainsides better, but other than that they are all original lots.

Los Trepadores means The Climbers and is also the nick name of the colourful suburbs of Santiago climbing up the side of the surrounding mountains.

After this I have 2-3 updates from Santiago in the making, coming up with a few days in between.

First out are the overview shots of the entire city:

Click here for a bigger view with some places marked out.

And now we move on to Los Trepadores:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

Woow!  %BUd%

Los Trepadores is a true beauty. It makes this city very realistic!
Thanks for adding the link to the big picture with it's markings.

looking at the last-but-one picture: those house could as well fit in the last generation of Dutch suburbs.... (Vinex-wijken)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Yoman

Lucky :P You got to use those lots already, not like it would've mattered as my game is on the fritz. I like how they climb up the mountain and there is a lot of open space, very nice work :)

thundercrack83

Wow! That looks great, emilin! I love the Mexican houses and the way you have everything laid out. It looks very realistic! Great job, my friend!

bat

That is an awesome mosaic, emilin!  &apls :thumbsup: Great pictures and nice region shot! :thumbsup:

Air6

Another great update &apls The mosaïc is just amazing. Bravo

Berethor

Great work that you do with the LBT houses, your customs lots are very nice and colorful.
And of course, we are working on more latinamerican bats & lots.

Great update!  &apls   &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

nova vesfalo

that is just WOW-ing ! Very realistic and nice made industrial zone ! Love it , and your last update, your residential area is very nice, love the imbrication of all the tiny mexican houses ! The seaport is really nice !!! Like R6 and Sebes, Islas Gemas is one of my Top-to follow MD ! Can't wait to see more

Mulefisk

Great work!
For some reason, your cities really remind me of the canary islands.
What area are you getting inspiration from?

kwakelaar

I love this kind of overview images and the names are adding to the experience. The city is very well put together, only thing I miss are some tall flats on the outskirts in the hills, but with the LBT set you have made a good transition from the city to the surrounding forests.
For a some more realism you might want to consider developing the hills between the costline and the city, now the city does not connect properly with the sea (just an idea).
The different areas each with its own specific atmosphere is making this into a charming city.  &apls

glepet

You've created a unique look that is mesmerizing! Great pics.  &apls
I look forward to more from you.

kimcar

Long time that i come to see your MD, but i`m glad that i found some for tell you that i enjoy every update and the work you have done . Stunning pics and great mosaic  &apls &apls. Thats a good way for a great MD  :thumbsup: