• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Hello Emilin – I like the aerial view of the island that showed on your post #88. The one that shows the volcano. You've make excellent use of Cycledoggs base textures. I found myself looking and admiring it.

I also like your '100 Comment' mosaic. Very colorful. A lot of elements to look at, you've highlighted some custom content. I can tell that you spent some time making it and I enjoyed looking at it.

I've now marked this thread to notify me when comments are made. Thanks.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Badsim

Wow ... I don't remember have already came here : a shame !
Some fantastic pictures with an unusual terrain for me . You use it very well with appropriate flora . :thumbsup:
And ... your fishing harbor is outstanding !
Great style . &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Berethor

wonderful pictures, i love the beautiful latinamerican style in your MD.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

HabLeUrG

wow again! this is incredible, love those fireworks and photoshop animations  :thumbsup: &apls

petercintn

That was a unique mosic, enjoyable to say the least.  Looking foward to the 200th and beyond!  Now David the dedgren has given me the courage to poke around in the LE, and you tipped me off to it, I saw a lot of barns in there.  Thanks.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

emilin

I basically just wanted to say thank you so much for all your wonderful and encouraging comments. I will reply personally to each of them in my next update which will hopefully be ready to the weekend.

Once again: thank you!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

pvarcoe

I'm already looking forward to the next update emelin!

Those mosaics are just stunning. Great Work &apls

Cali

great! looking forward to it... :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

emilin

Dedication: ShadowAssassin - for for his wonderful cycleways, and for making them so easy to customize.

[Note on dedications: I thought it would be nice to dedicate each update to some member of the SC4 community that has had an influence on the creation of this MD in big or small ways. It's just my way of saying thanks!]

Personal replies:

Zaphod: Thanks a lot! Yeah, those fishing boats are really good. Among the best of Pegs stuff in my opinion.

goin2chicago: Thank you!

dedgren: Thanks! Hopefully some more comments will come with time, yes. It seems like SC4Devotion is getting more active as a community with each day.

Rayden: Thanks a bunch for that... it means a lot coming from someone like you.

iamgoingtoeatyou: Thank you, thank you, thank you! &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp

Antoine: Thanks!

thundercrack83: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

nova vesfalo: Thanks! I find myself spending more and more time on each port I build, so I'm really glad you noticed the effort.

metasmurf: Tackar, tackar! [Sorry for using Swedish jeronij, but it just means "thanks!"]

urban: Thank you, your present is much appriciated, of course.

Cali: Thanks! It might even be slightly overplanned, actually, but I'm trying my best to maintain some degree of organic development, or at least the illusion thereof.

Fred_Ginger: Thanks. And thank whoever made them (I can't remember) for those auto fire work parks on STEX. I love people who make things like that.

kwakelaar: Thank you so much. And I do appriciate that you have been an important contributor with your regular, and nice, comments.

NikNik: Thank you! I'm using the "beaches for irregular coastlines" found on STEX (sorry for lack of link, but it should be fairly easy to search for them). I'm planning on cusom lotting a few extra beach fillers for the really large beach sites I have planned for the south coast of Zafiro too.

jmyers2043: Once again, a comment that makes me really happy. As you probably have noticed I'm depending a great deal on your small shops for my commercial sites. Since I'm trying to avoid Maxis lots alltogether in this journal, they are actually the bulk of my commercial zoning. I'm really glad that you like the way I'm using your stuff.

Badsim: Thanks a lot! You know that I am a regular over at AntiGone, and I often spend unbelievable amounts of time just looking at your lotediting. The fact that you liked the fishing port is probably the best compliment that I could have gotten for that. The terrain is CycleDoggs Painted Desert Terrain (with slight modifications), and I use a few different tree controllers by CycleDogg aswell, by the way.

Berethor: Thank you! I'm sure you will be able to spot some of your own BAT:s further down the road too.

HabLeUrG: Thank you, as always! I'm really happy that you like the way I'm using your map (and other stuff too).

petercintn: Thanks! I noticed that you had done some lotting for your latest update, by the way. It looks really cool, and much more unique that way.

pvarcoe and Cali (again): And you won't have to wait any longer. ;D

The island of Topaz

Once again I changed my mind. I was going to start building the biggest city of Islas Gemas: Santiago de Zafiro. But I didn't feel like building cities right now, so today we travel to the remote desert island of Topaz. As you can see I have used a different terrain mod here. That is one of the advantages of building on islands, blending the terrain isn't an issue.

You will also notice some narrow dirt roads. They are actually customized cycleways. Not transitenabled, but they look pretty good I think. I have yet to make some diagonals, but if I can find the time I will.

Now, on to the pictures:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Colyn

Quote from: M4346 on February 22, 2007, 01:36:53 PM
Wow!  :o

Yet another great update Emilin!  &apls &apls

And if you don't mind me asking... Where can I get this sexy gorgeous building?!  ()what()

Keep up the good work my friend! I'll be watching out for more!  :thumbsup:

That is done by Jawood and should be on the STEX.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Rayden

Very nice emilin. It reminds me some of the small villages down the coast of Morocco. Or somewhere on the northern of Africa during the Lisbon-Dakar rally. Very well layed out  :thumbsup:

krbe

This is going really good! But I have to ask, how can I build a port like this:

Is it a set, or made up of several pieces?

kwakelaar

Very original work. This sandy island has turned out to be a small gem. The layout of the roads and the small villages as well as the flora looks great. The fishing harbour with its breakwaters also well made and seems quite realistic for this island.

Rayden

Quote from: krbe on March 02, 2007, 03:51:25 PM
This is going really good! But I have to ask, how can I build a port like this:

Is it a set, or made up of several pieces?

The breakwater lots on the left are Jeronij's and can be found here at the LEX, just search for Jeronij's work. The other stuff are major Somy's lots and can be found in here or Nob's lots that can be found in here.

thundercrack83

Great update! Topaz looks outstanding! I love the terrain mod you have, and the fishing harbor looks great, too!

meinhosen

emilin, that is absolutely outstanding!  The eight, ninth, and tenth pictures are my favorites... the terrain, the roads, the trees, the buildings, the water, the port- it all works and fits together beautifully.

I don't think I'll be able to sit silently by and watch this MD anymore.  Great work!  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

dedgren

Can you say...

...meet me at de kazz-bah!

An amazing and unique take on a SC4 landscape.  Perfectly chosen buildings, stunning sense of "less is more."

Emil, you are among those few who, when they look at the game, see no limits- only possibilities.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

joelevan

Quote from: Rayden on March 02, 2007, 04:11:01 PM
The other stuff are major Somy's lots and can be found in here or Nob's lots that can be found in here.

I went to their sites...WOW...amazing stuff! These two are just...well...WOW.

Joel

M4346

It does rather look North African or Arabian!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like it!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

a wonderful island and great development on it! :thumbsup: